Author Topic: Love Does Go On  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Love Does Go On
« on: June 11, 2005, 03:31:42 PM »
I just thought I'd share with you all one of the most wonderful experiences I've had.

It was the night that my paternal Grandmother died a few years ago.  Her husband had died a few years earlier.  A couple of days after she had had a fall she ended up in hospital due to a haemorrhage in her brain.  The pressure to her brain was such that she was unconscious and doctors could not operate to relieve the pressure because the blood pressure drug that had caused her to become dizzy and fall over in the first place also thinned her blood which meant further haemorrhaging if they tried to operate.  So, there was little that could be done about it except make her comfortable until she died.  Many of us sat around outside the hospital waiting the "death watch" but my Mother made sure that my Grandmother was never alone - not even for a minute.  There was always someone in with my Grandmother, usually at least two of us.

Eventually my Grandmother died.  She seemed to hang on until her children were present.  It was pretty sad for most of us as my Grandmother was very well loved.  It wasn't quite so sad for me because my relatives have a habit of coming back to see me after they've died, which is what happened next.

My husband and I were on our way home, in fact, we were almost home when I almost gave myself whiplash turning around to look in the back seat of the car.  Now, I can't see things or spirits but I sense/feel when they are around and I can hear them also.  LOL - hubby looked at me strangely and I explained to him that my Grandfather had popped into the back seat very suddenly and told me "thank you" and wanted me to pass on his thanks to everyone else as well for taking care of my Grandmother.

That, however, was nothing compared to a few minutes later when my Grandparents let me in on their reunion "in the afterlife".  It was one of the most amazing and joyful things I've ever felt when my Grandmother and my Grandfather met up with each other again.  I felt suddenly overhwhelmed with joy and happiness, not only because they were together again and happy but because they allowed me to share it.

Flutterbit

Offline High Priestess

• Centurion
  • Somewhere is a place I belong
Love does go on
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »
What a special experience that must have been.

A few years ago my uncle who was very ill and had been in nursing homes for most of his life lay dying in a hospital in Sydney. It was just a co-incidence that I happened to be in Sydney that weekend. I cannot even recall why I was there.

I knew he was dying and it was the middle of the night when the hospital rang to say I should come immediately. I was in the cuty and he was in Fairfield. I had no car and it was too late  and dangerous to catch the train. I had no money. All of which could be resolved in the morning when I could go to get a hire car and get out to him.

All night i kept a psychic vigil. I spoke to his spirit and asked him to wait and I would be there in the morning. He said he would. At 6am I rang my ex-husband in Sydney and told him what had happened. He made is out to where I was in half and hour from the western suburbs ( a great accomplishment) and were at the hospital in Fairfield by 8.30am.

When I walked in the nurses warned me about his condition and to be ready for a shock when I saw him. Having had a nursing background I was fairly prepared. I walked in an he looked terrible. He was unconscious and his eyeballs were black from lack of blood. He was just a spirit in a sshell who said he would wait for me to come. I was with him a few minutes and a tear tricked out of his eye. This was a medical impossibility really and I knew it. I spoke to him and called him a duffer and asked him what he had beendoing to himself. He replied he had waited for me. I was holding his hand as he died and I could feel the love of him float around the room and encapsulate me.

He was severely mentally ill but I knew he loved me and I knew he knew I was there and who I was.

It was one of the most profound experiences of my life and I will always remember it and the circumstances that got me to his side.

I have spoken with him a few times since he left this plane and he is well and happy. At times I feel his love around me, the same feeling I felt that morning in the hospital and I know he is around me by choice. Sometimes if I need protection or my son does, or if I am down I can feel him at my shoulder.

High Priestess
Life is simple..........
It's people that make it hard.

C Ferris

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Love Does Go On
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:48:14 PM »
Hey there Priestess,

Although your Uncle was so ill, that must still provide you with some comfort at times, knowing and being able to feel that love around you.  Sounds a bit like all my Grandparents.  They have all been around at different times.  Once, when I was having a very bad IVF day, they all popped in and I felt as though I was getting a group hug.  It was kind of funny too because for a few minutes before I realised they were there I could smell Grandpa's bryl cream and old spice.  Another nice family moment.  It's hard to grieve for folks when you know they're still around you.  It's nice though.

Flutterbit

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal