Author Topic: Barton Hwy Ghost: Hall: ACT  (Read 2613 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Barton Hwy Ghost: Hall: ACT
« on: January 15, 2021, 09:24:29 PM »
Along an old part of Barton Hwy south of Township of Hall in the ACT is a curious transparent apparition that is some times seen on foggy misty mornings.

In 2008 a women who does not want to be name out of fear and ridicule. Told the story of her  husband and her daughter and herself left our home on the south side of Canberra at about 5am heading out for a road trip to Adelaide.

The weather was foggy and somewhere between Gold Creek and the big ranch with the long white fencing and roses, my husband and I witnessed what we both believed to be a ghostly figure of a man crossing the road in front of our car, he appeared to be wearing jeans and was aged around 50-60 yrs old.

It was definitely a man who appeared transparent and crossed quickly directly in front of our car, had it been a live person my husband and I both believe we would have hit him! We were both a bit freaked but not scared and felt a very calm feeling at the time.

Such a strange and unexpected encounter was it just an over imagined encounter of farmers crossing the roads to his fields or ghost?

To be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Barton Hwy Ghost: Hall: ACT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
Another person known as Christine claimed she had a similar encounter. She claimed it was so weird the encounter?

Christine and her partner were traveling down the Barton highway one foggy morning in 2009 a couple of Kms heading north along old section of Barton  towards village of Hall when a transparent type figure darted out onto the road and almost looked like it was trying to get out of our way when we collided with it and ran it over… or should I say drove through it?

I nearly lost control of our little Toyota Yaris when we drove over it. We didn't mention anything to anyone until we heard of others having a similar encounters.

Did Christine encounter the same ghost in the same spot a year later?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »
strange enough the Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995), Saturday 5 April 1980, page 1 claimed the following

Three people were killed and one man is in a serious 1 but stable condition in the intensive care unit of Royal Canberra Hospital after a car left the Barton Highway andhit a tree about 10 kilometres from Hall at about 8am yesterday. Killed were a 62-year-old man, a 69-year-old woman and a 20-year old woman, all believed to be from Victoria. Their deaths brought the Easter toll in NSW to seven.

There is a picture of the newspaper article below. For those who cannot see it. I suggest you joining this wonderful forum and see some interesting picture of haunted places.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 09:53:46 PM »
Was the 62 year old man the ghost that still haunts the Barton Hwy?

Here is picture of the tree today that the car hit back in 1980 below.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 10:12:34 PM »
Interesting enough the 1980 site of this crash site with the big old ghost gum is partly described by the anomalous women's report in 2008.

"somewhere between Gold Creek and the big ranch with the long white fencing and roses."

Where the 1980 crash site was on one side of the road there is a big ranch house with roses and on the other side is a white fence and large ghost gum tree.

Perhaps this 62 year old fell asleep at the wheels ran off the road and hit the ghost gum near the turn off at the ranch house and in the shock of the impact the 62 year old most likely killed instantly? But in the traumatic shock his spirit separated from his body and now under certain conditions his foggy apparition is seen in misty morning perhaps crossing the road to get help?

We do not know for sure but every time I pass a white cross on the road I wonder what if?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
Yes KANACKI, there may be a relationship between the two incidents and the sites appear identical.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 11:06:55 AM »
Possibly the driver before dying after impact through shock and guilt over his unintentional fatal accident has never passed on?

Clearly the ghost crossing the road towards the house was trying to get help not knowing he was dead?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »
Yes, quite possible KANACKI, a great point my friend.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 01:20:34 AM »
Oooh, there are so many ghost sightings on roads. This is a good one.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
Hello Christine thank you.

Yes indeed many roads can tell a story of life and death of thousands perhaps millions of people that have passed by? Roads by the very use of traffic may be natural conduits for negative and positive energy?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 02:47:46 PM »
One foggy morning I would like to travel down that road and see what happens.

Would I see some thing because I was are of it? Or if I was unaware of the story some thing intriguing would happen?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 08:59:20 AM »
KANACKI, whether you were aware or not, the key is you and your ability to "see" anything that appears.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 11:20:00 AM »
Do all people have the capacity to see or is just a few who have the insight or gift of seeing?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal