Author Topic: The Merchants House The Rocks Sydney: NSW  (Read 1653 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Merchants House The Rocks Sydney: NSW
« on: November 03, 2020, 11:55:38 PM »
Deep in the hidden heart of old Sydney ancient houses lay almost forgotten among the buildings of towering steel and glass. Relics of another age, a older darker city. Whose history is some times clouded in Mystery?

The Merchant house on 37 George Street Sydney was built in around 1830. The house is considered to be one of Australia's most haunted with the visitors claiming to have seen the apparition of a murdered housewife.

Sometime in the mid to late 19th century, a rich businessman in jealous rage chased and strangled his wife after finding her in bed with another man.

Some people claim  she can be heard walking on the stairs and some have even claimed to have seen her.
Quite a few people have sightings of this old woman. A lot of the rangers go there late at night but often what they see is an old lady,'

There is an alleged photograph  of a ghostly figure presumably a women with a shining necklace. The Merchant House is also home to what is claimed to be the scariest staircase in Sydney. Some times witness have seen the steps are seen bowing and creaking as if some one is walking up or come down them.

One tradesman who had a strange encounter working there after one visit refused to work on it. He claimed the feeling of a presence watching him intently only to experience the hairs of the back of his neck stand up and he would turn around and nothing would be there.

He said of the experience 'I am the only one there... the doors are slamming shut and I checked that I closed them all, yet they keep making loud slamming noises... the place is freaking me out.' he said.

Others visiting the old building have similar encounters. One such women heard a hushed whispered voice of a women say "shush he will find out?"

Who? The jilted husband?

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Merchants House The Rocks Sydney: NSW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »
For those who cannot see the pictures I suggest sign up the forum to have an amazing insight into Haunted Australia.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 01:02:28 PM »
Here is a picture below of the alleged haunted stairs?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »
Here is a picture of room the tradesman encountered a presence and heard doors slammed. This picture some believe a ghost is captured on it. Some say of the women murdered? For me personally it is too indistinct to make anything out of it.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »
I could imagine the history that old building has seen. Every creak and groan of the old building still proud and defiant against modern Sydney hiding dark secrets of Sydney of old.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal