Author Topic: The Transformation Of Simon2 – Part Two: My Journey: My Teenage Years: Chapter 3  (Read 917 times)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
Apologies, about having to stop talking, but I needed to take the call as it was about my Physiotherapy this Wednesday. "..any issues?..". No, just a time change.

Feel free to have tea, coffee and cheese, cakes, help yourself. "I know how it works by now, Haha..".

1964 would be another quite surprising year, even as school had just started.

You know in those days we would have "General Assemby's" where news of items students should know as well as unsavoury topics, mainly due to students being/were expelled, sporty students/ex-students and their progress, etc..

Well, at the first General Assembly we were told that the school confirmed that there was now a Form 4 and possibly Form 5 and Form 6. I thought wow, what a coincidence, I had the possibility of staying at the School that I felt comfortable with.

Early that year, I also found out that teachers I liked, liked me, as they had put forward both my name and strong endorsement along with both the Headmaster and Principal for the Scholarship I received.

Another coincidence!! Even our Student Record is only printed up to Form 4 although there are extra pages to Form 6. I was ecstatic.

1964 was also my first year in Cadets (the second last smallest Cadet [LOL]) and the year the Beatles came to Australia.

While a lot of the guys loved the Beatles, their songs "bored me" musically, but I was starting to like a lot of Australian music talent, there was certainly also some overseas music, that I was starting to like.

I didn't know the genre's then, but they crossed-over Soul, R & B, Folk, etc., but definately no Rock & Roll, which my brother Liked.

Having said that, I still liked watching Elvis Movies at the Drive-In; Our sister's husband would take us to the Drive-In and occassionaly my brother and I went to the Cinema, which was only a 15 minute bus drive away.

You also need to understand that I was only exposed to music via radio, TV, Crystal Set (I made this), Movies, Friends and kids at School. Unfortunately we didn't have a Record Player, which was a real bummer.

1964 was also the start of my interest in the Arts (Painting and Sculpture, etc.) and what I call "Endorsed Reading", which was continuing at an even pace, as the "Book In My Head", was teaching me more about being an Empath, although I called it "Emotional Teaching".

Using the teachings I started to learn about my emotions, it seemed like I was very, very slowly able to pickup other peoples emotional states, angry, happy and everything else, including hatred. All negative energies affected me badly and I had no way to protect myself, I just left the area and would always start to feel better.

Where there was a group who were happy, I was able to feed off them and really enjoyed them.

I was also somehow starting to be able to tell if someone was being truthful or not.

I called this my "Gut Feel"

I was also starting to learn more about meditation, however I needed to be careful as we boys slept in one room and in one big bed, whilst the youngest girl had her own room. ROFL I therefore learned meditation when I was alone.

As I knew most of the Bus Drivers by name I would sweep the bus and the ride would be free, something I had been doing since I was 10.

Another thing that was introduced in 1963/1964 on TV was the "Summer School Of Science", which I found really enjoyable and intriguing, although I was not a "science person" as such, I just seemed to be drawn to the programme. It was so much fun and a great learning experience after all.

More liquid was being added to the "Mould" that would one day show me who I really was.

Now, lets both have a glass of champagne and nibbles before you go home my friend.

"...sounds terrific.., also before I forget, I can also make time to hear more of your story tomorrow."

Thank you so much.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal