Author Topic: Footsteps to Nowhere: The Rocks Sydney NSW  (Read 1496 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Footsteps to Nowhere: The Rocks Sydney NSW
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:33:21 AM »
The Rocks a historic part of Sydney. Is reputed to be haunted by many ghosts.

One such Terrace house in Trinity Ave is apparently haunted by ghostly footsteps leaving ghostly wet foot prints on the timber floor Legend have the footstep was of the dainty feet of a women who drowned in the Harbour.

The ghostly wet foot prints appears on the stairs and in the hall ways leading to the back rear upstairs bedroom. People sleeping in the rear bedroom experience the sensation of some one sitting on the bed as if a mother sitting down on bed to gaze at her child?

People have experienced the haunted sensation of hair standing on the back of their necks as they hear the creaking of floor boards in the dark. Turning on the light only to discover wet dainty footsteps to nowhere.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Footsteps to Nowhere: The Rocks Sydney NSW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:33 PM »
Here is some pictures of the inside of the old house that encountered the footsteps to nowhere.

For anyone wanting to looking inside this alleged haunted house. Perhaps worth signing onto the forum to see interesting things.

The pictures was taken when the house was later sold a few years ago. It seems several people have stories connected to this house of mystery?

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 09:47:02 PM »
Fantastic story. Thanks Kanacki. I’ve done a walking history tour of The Rocks and even worked near there. The old streets and buildings are a treat, so small and obdurate and atmospheric. It is truly creepy walking under the Argyle Cut where the Push gang members operated ... your legs instinctively want to run!

The first image is the most interesting to me. Does anyone else see anything on / in front of the wall to the left of the fireplace?

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
Hello Violet Its my pleasure sharing these stories. Its interesting you feel some thing in that the first picture because that is the room where the haunting seems to be strongest.  My eyes are very poor these days and its hard for me to see any details. Although the image of the room gives off an eerie sensation. I do not know why?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 09:43:27 PM »
A young mans story I forget his name I read somewhere first brought my attention to the story. It was allegedly his grand mothers house and he stayed there with his mum and brother and grandmother. He claimed some times in the early morning he would hear creaking sounds of some one quiet walking on the floor boards the the most disturbing of all the sensation of weight of some one sitting on his head as he lay there. He claimed he freaked out in bed he would just freeze in fear. He feared ridicule by the rest of the family and said nothing to rest of the family while he lived there. But was chilled years later learning off his brother telling the same experience.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »
KANACKI, I am not sure what Violet saw or what you felt, but on very close examination of the left-hand side of the fireplace, I saw what could be 2 water sites at the bottom of the skirting board and 1 on the top of the same skirting board, almost in the in centre of the 2 at the bottom.

What this means I am not sure, but I need more time to think about your very exciting Post.

I, have not felt anything from the photographs, but this doesn't mean anything other than I am not channelling well this morning; I woke far, far too early today. ROFL  8) :) 
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »
Hello Simon 

Sadly I have no talent in my abilities. I had heard more information on the haunting that the brothers often also heard disturbances down stairs where a window open by itself.I have searching to any known fatalities connected to this address? But have not been successful so far in identifying any connections.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
As in a lot of cases, like this one KANACKI, you can only go so far in gathering the available information, sometimes this has to be enough.

Well done KANACKI.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »
Hello Simon

I did find a suspected person connected to this ghost story. I was some how under the impression the ghost haunting this terrace house was female?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal