Author Topic: The Haunted Round House Fremantle: WA  (Read 2523 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Haunted Round House Fremantle: WA
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:36:54 PM »
 The Round House was used as a prison in the 1800s for colonial and indigenous prisoners until Fremantle Gaol was opened. It’s a place where a bunch of people were hung, the very first of who was 15-year old John Gavin, the spirit of whom reportedly still haunts the place. And you can’t blame him seeing as he was probably innocent. Gavin was hung for killing the son of the farmer he worked for but the recent theory is that the farmer’s wife was suffering postpartum depression and was more likely the culprit.

Once Fremantle prison took over in 1888  floggings, time in irons, isolation and the hangings of at least 43 men and one woman were all part and parcel. It’s not a happy place. It also saw its fair share of riots and ‘disturbances’ during its years of operation. As well as colonial and indigenous prisoners, it took on military prisoners during the war and as an internment centre.

There are report of many eerie feelings, photos in which orbs have showed up, especially in the church, are pretty common. According to the ABC, it’s something of a test for budding Mediums to wander in different cells and report how they feel. Two separate pairs of women described what happened to them in a cell that used to isolate one of the sexual offenders once imprisoned there.

“Pressure, like it was warm and it surrounded you,” one describes before her friend adds, “it was like a steam cloud condensing in on me.”

And the other pair? “a feeling of cloudiness, and Helen felt like she was being dragged down to the bed.“.

The cell is so seems has that affect on many visitors especially female. Incidentally for all females reading this out of curiosity which cell do you think is the haunted one in the picture of the two cell doorways below?

in the picture below you can see the round house and outside picture looking more like a medieval castle than a prison. For those who cannot see the picture I suggest you sign up to the forum.

The round house seems a place of pain and misery and may indeed be haunted by malignant ghosts.

to be continued

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Haunted Round House Fremantle: WA
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:05:49 AM »
There has been quite a few stories around the round house over the years. One day I would like to visit the site my self personally. However sadly that depends on my health these days.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:08:45 AM »
Another women Jo Pierce has a terrible experience when visiting the Round house. She felt she was suffocating like being strangled around the neck. She had to lave through the entrance and outside she was okay. She attempted to re enter the courtyard and again she had the strangling sensation.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »
Frank De john visiting Perth from Sydney on holiday visited the Round house prison and had a nightmarish vision of men hanging by the noose off the walls all around the courtyard. It was so distressing he cut short his trip to Perth.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
KANACKI, as well as perhaps Malignant Spirits, possibly there are a few innocents ones as well KANACKI.

There is most likely a lot of negative energy, surrounding and in the stone blocks that make up the structure of the "Round House" at Fremantle.

It is after all a place where horror was in residence, every second of the day, for all prisoners guilty or innocent.

It is a place where, if I was going to Fremantle I would visit, however much I feel I shouldn't!!
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
I imagine the repressive feeling one who feel locked up inside innocent or not.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 10:55:16 AM »
Yes, I missed that point; thank you KANACKI.

No matter your innocence, after time in that terrible place the positive energy would dissipate and be replaced by negative energy, thus increasing the malignant nature of the atmosphere around and in the cells, basically all pervasive.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
Hello Simon

So we could envisage the balance between positive and negative forces is over balanced to negative forces? Is that because of the history of site in regards to the people sent there?  Or from design of the building influencing negatives forces?

Perhaps some thing like  feng shui originating from ancient China, which claims to use energy forces to harmonize individuals with their surrounding environment?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »
KANACKI yes and in this case the design is one which more readily captures both energies (positive and negative).

In this specific instance it was a build up of negative energies, which dominates due to the prisoners, their treatment, which in some cases was both barbaric and appalling and perhaps even the energies from the convicts that built the "Round House".

Even today the negative energy relating to this structure continues to be fed by visitors who succumb to its history.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 04:14:47 PM »
Being a tourist attraction I wonder if any readers here has had a strange encounter there?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal