Author Topic: The Tomago house ghost Port Stephens: NSW  (Read 3317 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Tomago house ghost Port Stephens: NSW
« on: April 16, 2019, 12:25:58 AM »
Does the Widow Maria Windeyer still watches over Estate she worked tirelessly to keep from bankruptcy ?

Built by barrister Richard and Maria Windeyer, Tomago House formed the nucleus of what was, in the mid 19th century, a vast agricultural estate and the country residence of one of the nation’s leading politico-legal figures.

Work on the house started in the early 1840s. The vineyard was established, with plantings from James King of Irrawang, who was known to be producing good wines by 1840.

Windeyer died in 1847, leaving his wife Maria to complete the property, refinance it and maintain viability. This she did, adding to it with a Chapel built in 1860-1861. Maria’s interest in the property is thought to have continued after her death, with inexplicable sightings of an elderly woman rocking in her chair on the verandah, and keeping a watchful eye in the cellars.

Does her ghost still keep a watchful eye over the old homestead?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Tomago house ghost Port Stephens: NSW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »
A few years ago I drove past the place and it looked rafter forlorn. I have heard a few stories of people who claim to have encountered Maria Windeyer or some one they assumed was her?

The place was at one time being used as Wedding venue.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »
There has been quite a few stories from people who have had strange encounters while attending Wedding receptions held there.

On Guest taking a photograph of the Homestead alleges he had a cold chill as if his personal space was challenged by some one up in his face? He put it down to imagination until he later saw the photograph.

For those who cannot see the Photograph I suggest you join the forum. As there is across Australian Haunting forum many interesting photographs of haunted places.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
Here is a photograph below of Maria Windeyer Alive. Then compare the alleged spectre in the picture of the previous post?

Does Maria Windeyer still keep a watchful eye over the place she struggled in life to maintain? Perhaps old habit die hard? Even in the after life.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
Hi KANACKI, no wonder the guy felt that his personal space had been "breached" along with the chilling cold.

This is also when an expert in photography is needed badly, to either prove or disprove the "potential" of their being a Spirit in the second photograph.

Getting input from others, would once again, provide enough evidence which would indicate that an investigation too Tomago House is necessary.

I won't provide my opinion at this stage, although I do have one, even with not all information being present.

Sorry KANACKI, but if no other Members comment within 6 weeks, I will Post my opinion.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 12:10:19 AM »
Hello Simon

I am no expert on Photographs I know that they can be faked with double exposure etc... So this is why I take the view "alleged" However I  have felt my personal space invaded once many years ago in Castle in Wales. I saw nothing but felt spine tingling cold my hairs stood up on the back of my neck and felt some one in my face and hostile. Seeing that picture fake or not triggered flash back to that encounter so many years ago. However it opinions will be appreciated on the topic. I believe a few ghost hunters have allegedly researched the property. Hopefully there is people who will read this and ad their stories connected to this old house.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 03:35:48 PM »
I am very sorry you had a bad experience back with a spirit or spirits "invading" your space, as it is just that an Invasion, but on a spiritual level and it is so wrong that you had such a bad encounter, which has stayed with you.

I cannot imagine such an experience, as the one you had and am very sad for you KANACKI.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 11:04:29 AM »
Hello Simon

Just one of the many experiences I have experienced around the world in my travels. However that was 35 years ago. I do not look at it any more as a bad experience but a learning one why I reacted the way I did.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
I wonder if anyone has had strange experiences there? I would love to hear from you.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal