Author Topic: Headless Ghost of Windang Beach: Windang NSW  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Headless2

• Senior Contributor
Re: Headless Ghost of Windang Beach: Windang NSW
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 01:17:31 AM »
Hi KANACKI

I’ve spent many, many nights fishing along Windang beach and unfortunately never crossed paths with Angus, not yet anyway.

However, I’ve had some experiences on and around Windang Island.
While fishing off the front of the island, many times i would get a strong feeling that someone was standing right behind me and of course, you turn around and no one’s there. Other times out the corner of your eye you think you see someone standing on top of the island looking down at you, but again nobody there.
This happens during the day and night.

The walk between Windang island and the nearest car park at Warilla beach is eerie at times. On several occasions at night I swear there was someone following me. I would sit still and scan the beach for awhile and see nobody around. As soon as I start walking, I felt like I was being followed again. This didn’t happen often but when it did, was quite intense.

This used to also happen between Windang island and Windang Surf Club back in the 80s and 90s when the lake entrance moved around a lot and at times the only way to get to Windang island was along Windang beach unlike today with the break walls
I know there’s been a few drownings at Windang island, I need to find out more.

The other thing I’ve noticed is the amount of strange lights floating around over the ocean while fishing,  all I know is that these lights weren’t falling stars or space junk.

P.S  Went to Walkers beach a few weeks back, didn’t experience anything unusual just felt uncomfortable at the northern end of the beach. I wouldn’t want to fish this beach by yourself at night. Nothing came up on the photo’s

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »
Gidday Headless

Thanks for the update with walkers beach. I have never been there at night and the last time I was there was a very long time ago. Strange you felt uncomfortable at the then end? Perhaps his body is buried in the sand at the northern end? As recall from memory the downing occurred at the southern end? But I could be wrong my memory plays tricks on me.

Now in regards to Windang beach? Yes you are correct since the breakwater was built the entrance no longer changes direction. Years ago as a kid I remember entrance facing south then some years the entrance would open up in the north of Windang island. I remember the island getting cut off during high tide. I think we this ghostly encounter occurred with the headless was not far from Windang island but where the entrance now is. That was where the headless body washed up. So having a strange encounter on Windang island itself is not too far from the other encounters.

I have more to show you on this. I have some old pictures of the entrance I will post.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2021, 10:10:58 PM »
Hello Headless

Here is a blast from the past the following pictures. Here is the  lake entrance flowing out in the late 1960's south of Windang island.

And the second picture was taken in 1978 when the entrance was in the North of Windang Island. In 1950 the headless body washed up the beach near Windang island. The sand beach from Windang island connected to windang was late washed away.

I can remember back in 1969 the entrance was facing south.

Here is another pictures about 1970 the massive sand dues that built up. The tiny dots on the sandune in the picture are people that gives perspective the size of dunes. As soon as the entrance changed course it stripped the sand from Warilla beach.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2021, 10:18:22 PM »
Hello Headless

A little off topic but I like show you Shellharbour in the late 1950's the harbour in which I used to swim there as a child. Check out the amount of boat there back then.

Kanacki

Offline Headless2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2021, 01:50:55 AM »
Hi KANACKI

Amazing pictures of the entrance, so many good and bad memories getting off and on the island. It’s changed so much over the years.
I remember when the entrance blocked up for a number of years.
The lake was one big smelly fish pond, so people used to take their shovels and try to open it up again.

There’s heaps of boats in the harbour, I bet the fishing was unbelievable back then. I can imagine the amount of cowrie shells you found as a kid around the harbour.

In regards to Walkers beach, your memory ain’t playing tricks on you, I think the cave on the northern side played a big part of me feeling uncomfortable, it’s nice and pretty during the day, spooky at night. Kept thinking Arthur’s remains could be in there.
You can see the cave on Google Earth, follow the sand north, it will take you straight to it

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2021, 11:17:50 PM »
Hello Headless

How deep is the cave?

Kanacki

Offline Headless2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 02:04:32 AM »
Hi KANACKI

At least 20-30 metres.
This cave is beautiful, during the day anyway.
Don’t go there at high tide unless you don’t mind getting wet.

Hopefully the link below works

https://youtu.be/mt2CWGEdNGE

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 02:38:21 PM »
Hello Headless

Thanks for the update. But I will repost the link to Ghost of walkers beach post.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal