Author Topic: Scary Harry: Jingili. Darwin: NT  (Read 3291 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Scary Harry: Jingili. Darwin: NT
« on: August 26, 2018, 12:55:00 PM »
Can a past resident haunt the house of the living? The following story comes from a young family in Northern Territory.

The Suburb of Jingili was constructed in the early 1970s. Jingili is named after an Aboriginal tribe who inhabited the area around Elliott in the middle of the Territory.The streets within Jingili are named after Flying Officers killed in the Darwin area during World War II and local people killed in action in France or Belgium during World War I.

Interesting enough nearby one of Darwin's oldest cemeteries is located in this suburb not far from the Rapid Creek.

Its in this suburb of Darwin, a family claim to be living in a haunted house?

The family have nicked named thier resident ghost Scary Harry. Harry their ghost likes scaring children in the bathroom and rattling cupboard doors. Jahmaine Sheridan, 10, said she was “relieved” to hear there were “more ghosts out there” than the one haunting her home in Jingili.“I was so glad to see it was happening to other people too,” she said. “It’s not just us, we are not mad.”

The girl said her family has had encounters with “something very creepy and scary” in their home, since moving in three years ago.

“One day I was sitting on the toilet and I looked behind me and there was this white shadow,” she said. “And only a couple of days ago I was sitting on the couch with my sister and someone was playing with the cupboard doors -- we couldn’t see anyone, but the doors were making a flicking noise.”

Jahmaine said she had the first encounter with the ``white shadow’’ just after moving into the elevated house in Jingili.

Jahmaine’s mother Nathalie, who works at the Royal Darwin Hospital, said the spooky encounters were “not something made up by children with too much fantasy”.

”We all see things out of the corner of our eye and when you turn your head it’s gone,” she said.

“Myself, the kids, their nanna -- we hear noises downstairs in the house when nobody is around and we can hear someone walk up the stairs, but when we check nobody is there.”

Was there more to this story?

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Scary Harry: Jingili. Darwin: NT
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »
Scary Harry!

Childhood monster of childhoods imagination? Or some thing more darker?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 11:36:41 PM »
Are children influenced by Adult fears or by  natural fears relating to the human instinct for survival mechanism?

Clearly Jahmaine Sheridan aged 10 could be focus point for potential poltergeist activity. And her possible early  transition into puberty could be the actual root cause of the paranormal disturbances?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »
But perhaps we can rule out poltergeist activity because the family claim many of them heard some one walking up the stairs and no one there?

Perhaps they are experiencing not a full blown spurt but a residual ghost of a previous tenant of house? And amazing of all they person might not even be dead?

I will explain further....

To be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 10:56:38 PM »
The question remains is various different types of haunting. Some are full blown spirits unable to pass over some are non functioning residual memories of past events?

For example like a mini time slip the walking on the stairs and clicking of cupboard knobs may of been a residual memory from the 1970's replaying those sounds triggered in certain conditions?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »
Hi KANACKI, an interesting tale, which reminds me of similar events, when I was a similar age, that only I could see, in my dreams (started as being frightened, but over time he became a joke), then would try and put me "off-balance" in front of my family, who I never told (first lesson I learned).

I don't think it is negative energy/time-slip, given how the Spirit moves around and wants to scare the children and if available "scared an adult".

my one was a demon, which has been attached to me for at least 700 years, but a more humorous one, which means it does not get negative energy, so I see very little of him as I treat him like a joke.

I think, "Scary Harry" is bored and so he tries to scare the children, but means no harm.

Harry really wants to move on, but needs a "genuine paranormal person" able to assess Harry and help him to move over to the Spiritual Realm; a Win/Win for all concerned.

Helping Harry move on, is quite easy, especially for a Paranormal who, like me, has Spiritual Friends in the Spiritual Realm.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
Hello Simon

If Scary harry is not the creation of a creative childhood mind? A lost spirit perhaps as you said is bored being a ghost. May be fun at first but overtime?

I tend to differ a little that scary harry is not a full blown spirit or conscious ghost  at but residue of previous habitation that time has not fully scrubbed the memory of. The child was very perceptive of seeing subtitle presence of this last inhabited. 

We as humans tend to compartmentalize types of ghosts. I believe there is many types created perhaps depending on the when the soul splits from body at the point of death. Other ghosts may no even be of people not even dead at all? Doppelgangers for example.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »
KANACKI, Doppelgangers are very evil and the attached Internet Link gives you some idea of what they want to do to the Living Person they latch on to:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=doppelgangers&rlz=1C1CHWA_enAU583AU583&oq=Doppelgangers&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.5928j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 11:45:37 PM »
Hello Simon

Thanks for the link.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
Hi KANACKI,

We can all have our view of what type of Paranormal, "Dirty Harry" is.

At the moment, our views are based on what is written, any photographs included and our Paranormal Knowledge, a mixture lacking the key aspect; that being "physical observation" at the site.

So I guess, any input we make are based on the above.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 06:25:00 PM »
I wonder if after so many years the haunting is still happening?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal