Author Topic: The Grey Man of Her Majesties Theatre: Brisbane QLD  (Read 7585 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Grey Man of Her Majesties Theatre: Brisbane QLD
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »
Its sad to see how many historic building have been knocked down in the name of progress.

One such building was Her Majesties Theatre on Queen Street Brisbane. As you can see below it was fine old theatre with no doubt much history?

A a dark link to the paranormal?

It was alleged to be haunted by a late night spectre always seem at the exact same time 2.30 am.

To be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Grey Man of Her Majesties Theatre: Brisbane QLD
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:06:42 AM »
As you can see it was a different era. there was no such thing as home entertainment. People went out and things and went to formal occasions. As you can see the theatre was well patronized in 1914.

You could imagine the stories the walls could tell if it had survived the destruction of development boom of the 1970's.

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »
In 1913 there was the strange story printed in the newspapers of day in regards to a strange haunting in relation to the theatre.

A Nightwatchman by the name of Talbot had been seeing a fleeting strange apparition around 230 am on regular basis. So puzzled by this he and two police officers tried to apprehend this mysterious apparition.

The police officers names was Mclean and Mulally both constables in the Brisbane police force in 1913. They set up a trap to catch this strange visitor in the night.

The apparition of a Grey Man with no distinct features came from a shop across the road to theatre the police and nightwatchman followed the apparition in the blind alley next to theatre and the apparition vanished in the shadows. The constables with their torches searched the alley carefully and discovered to their bafflement that where was no place to hide or escape.

To this day it became a local mystery now almost forgotten.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
The Story was from the Armidale Express and New England general advertiser dated 12th of august 1913.

You can see the newspaper report below.

For those guests who cannot see the newspaper story pasted below. I suggest joining the forum.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
As stated before the old buildings was demolished to make way for the new buildings of glass and steel.

Does the grey made still haunt the scene in a modern building now?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »
This story poses an interesting question can a ghost of former location actually haunt a new building in its place?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:41:14 AM »
KANACKI, this certainly is a little tricky, as I haven't, from my memory, heard about a Spirit move from one building to another.

Generally, when you die and you do not Passover, your Spirit stays in the place where you die.

The other Two interesting aspects of the story is:

1. They see the spirit as "Grey" - Could this be a "Shadow Spirit", which are quite harmless, when confronted. I have personal experience with such Spirits, who can move around; and

2. The Spirit is seen at precisely 2:30AM, which is in the middle of the "Dying Hour" - 2:00AM to 3:00AM.

I think the Spirit precedes the buildings and could be an Aboriginal, who is protecting his Aboriginal Group's Lands in death as he did in life.

These "Aboriginal Spirits" are very common, indeed I had a conversation with one, when I worked near the Quay. The conversation took place on the 13th Floor of the Building our Office was located.

I could be wrong, but it is worth considering.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »
Hello Simon

You could be possibly right a fleeting ghost predating the construction of theatre.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »
Hi KANACKI, it would be wonderful to get input from other Members of the Forum, to get other points of view, not just mine or a few others.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 12:03:13 PM »
Good morning Simon

That would be awesome! More peoples opions the better.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »
er... typo "opinions " and experiences

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
KANACKI, a mistake I have made a lot of times, but as I "Spell Check", most of the times I usually catch 95% of my errors.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 11:42:14 AM »
Hello Simon

You doing well. I am terrible these days but much better as I got older.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:57 PM »
KANACKI, since I merged my Physical and Spiritual selves, I am concentrating more on the other Realms and the Spiritual Worlds, so have reduced my pain more out of meditation and my pain killers.

It is a bit like tricking the brain that pain does not exist to the same degree and similarly the same procedure with Depression.

These things still exist, but only in the physical world, which is less in relation to what I concentrate on.

Something I was going to write a Post on (probably still will) was how to move away from the Physical Realm and with the help of my Spiritual / Angelic Friends, I focus now on the Spiritual Realms, that is I am more "in the spiritual realm".

It is a "trick of the mind".

It helps 95+% of the time and a think and feel differently.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 12:54:21 AM »
Hello Simon

I have trouble with the physical world these days. There are times I like to meditate but do not get time these days.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal