Author Topic: Haunting of Highfield House: Stanley TAS  (Read 6168 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Haunting of Highfield House: Stanley TAS
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
Many years ago I was lucky enough to visit Highfeild house, all be it for brief visit. But it was an amazing historic place to visit with wild windswept views along the coastline to Stanley and a rock outcrop jutting out to sea called "The Nut"

Highfield House can be regarded as the 'birthplace' of European settlement in Tasmania's north-west. Built from 1832-35 as a residence for Edward Curr, chief agent of the Van Diemen's Land Company, the house represents an important part of Tasmanian historic heritage.

The history of the north-west region of Tasmania is inextricably bound up with the story of the Van Diemen's Land Company; indeed, there are very few places in the region that have been unmarked by its presence.

In 1982 the Tasmanian Government acquired the Highfield property with funds from the National Estate and has carried out extensive restoration works.

The house you can see in the pictures below. For those guests who cannot see I recommend trying to join the forum. So you can see amazing people and places.

The site today has tours of the main house and some times host wedding receptions. Quite easily accessible to the public.

The house it has been claimed houses many secrets....

Including an alleged ghost haunting the main house.

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Haunting of Highfield House: Stanley TAS
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:30:45 PM »
Perhaps the history and powerful location sandwiched on a small peninsular created the ideal location for a haunting?

Highfield House at Stanley is the symbolic start of European settlement in Tasmania's north-west.  It is also a symbol of how British settlement sought to “tame” a wild country.  In 1832, when the surrounding land was rugged, unexplored bush in every direction, Edward Curr, chief agent of the Van Diemen’s Land Company attempted to create a thoroughly genteel English estate. 

With misguided direction from London, the Van Diemen’s Land Company put a bounty on thylacine (Tasmanian tiger) skins. The last wild thylacine was shot and killed at Mawbanna in Tasmania’s north west in 1930.

The house you can see has had its fair share of controversy. Its not hard to imagine a few skeletons in her cupboard? There are stories of two ghosts that haunt the house?

It has been alleged ghost of a man reputed to be the ghost of one of Tasmania’s greatest explorer’s, Henry Hellyer, who once lived at Highfield House…He allegedly committed suicide.

But there is another ghost that haunts the property also?

To be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:42:14 PM »
Today there is an upstairs bedroom at Highfield House where sobbing can be heard.  Is it crying for the little girl who died in the garden, or is it a greater cry for things lost?

One tourist took a photograph shown below with an image of figure staring back out the window. The house was empty at the time. To some the image appears to have a bonnet? For me sadly my eyes are not good? But I leave that for others more qualified and with better eyesight than old Kanacki's

Is it a trick of light on the old window pane? Or some thing else?

Strange enough it is in upstairs bedroom where sobbing can be heard only on entering the room discovering no one there?

A lost spirit that has never passed over? I let you decide?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:47:26 PM »
Finally it has been claimed  Henry Hellyer has been seen haunting the Barn from time to time?

Today some times the barn is used for functions. I cannot imagine what the ghost of  Henry Hellyer would think?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:54 AM »
Did the visitor actually take a photograph of ghost women in the window staring out?" Or was it an optical illusion? I leave that to people more better qualified to make that conclusion.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »
Hi KANACKI, another wonderful story with, perhaps a validation and a question.

Before you mentioned about the girl with a bonnet on, I saw a similar figure in the upper window of the first picture, although I did not get the same feeling I usually get; perhaps there is a Spirit of a little girl with a bonnet!!

In relation to Henry Hellyer being seen haunting the Barn from time to time, did Henry commit suicide in the Barn?
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 01:19:15 PM »
Hello Simon

Henry Hellyer never saw highfeild house built even tho he designed it. the other buildings such as barn was built first and there is another ruined stone structure was the orginal house. It was alleged he had shot himself in head in the barn.

It was assumed the he was devout Christian and he was beset by jealous evil gossip linking him to illicit sexual relations with convicts. There was no substance in the claim but it devastated him as he perceived everyone suspected him of being so. Exhausted and mentally fatigued he went into the barn to get on his horse. But shot himself.

In effect having bipolar disorder and being bullied by contemporary colleagues jealous at his successes led him to committing suicide.   

As for ghost in house its self I suspect it was ghost of the daughter of first superintendent of the Van demons Company. Who died from diphtheria.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 12:25:54 PM »
I feel Henry's pain; being bullied to such an extent that it affects your religious beliefs and whether "God" would not accept his Spirit and send him to Hell.

My view, would be that once Henry's Spirit was released there would be the usual welcome to the Spiritual World, rather than his Spirit wander around an old Barn.

I wonder how many people commit suicide due to bullying each year since the concept first raised its ugly head!!

Although there is such a thing called "Karma", but at what level does it come into effect; I’m sure we will all find out when we Passover.

A very sad and thought-provoking tale KANACKI, but one that should be told, to provide a detailed number of Tales in Australia, since the first colonisation by many convicts and no doubt, brutal conditions.

The "Australian Hauntings Portal" is, from my perspective, the best new Portal, since my time as a member of the Forum.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 11:47:36 AM »
Hello Simon

Thanks for the compliment.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »
My pleasure KANACKI and I hope your pain and illness reduce to give you some relief.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »
Hello Simon

It comes and goes such is life. Pain is ever present but some times it likes to remind me of my age :-)

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »
Hi KANACKI, have you also, tried to meditate using "charged" Rose Quartz, every night.

Also, in relation to medication and exercise do you do both as prescribed by your Medical Professional(s).

To Charge the Rose Quartz, if I have not used them for a while, I warm them inside the house that has plenty of glass, which is the first step.

After this and before you meditate, hold each individual Rose Quart in either one or two hands, depending on the number of Quartz and seek from the "Creator", to permit you to take a "Ball of Divine Light", which you then seek permission to start taking the Divine Light from your hand(s), moving to combine with the energy of your Spirit and ensure you mix these properly.

It may take a while, if you have, either never done this or only on an intermittent basis.

You will know when you have completed this process correctly.

I then use the mixed Positive Energy to firstly charge your Rose Quartz.

Following the above and using the Positive Energy in both your Spirit and Rose Quartz and with the help of your Spirit Guides charge your home with the Positive Energy and to do this, build a "Spiritual Circle" around your home and also have a small sphere for placing any negative Spirits/Demons within the Sphere and attached to anyone, including Negative Spirits in the home, place any of these Negative Spirits, etc., in the small Sphere and push the Sphere once closed push it outside of the larger Sphere and once you have completed this and your arm and hand returned within the larger Sphere of Positive Energy.

I think we should call this "Step One" and once you have completed this successfully on a regular approach we can move to "Step Two".

You may already be doing this and completed every step successfully then that is great and congratulations.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
Hello Simon.

I need more positive energy at the moment I am zapped. I am in very poor health these days.

Bough's of agonizing pain, vomiting and  diarrhea. Yet I push on yet the current I am pushing against is strong.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »
KANACKI, I wish I could help you more than I am allowed too.

I am with you, in Spirit, when I am permitted.

You are a strong person, both Spiritually and Physically, but I feel your pain, etc.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:10 PM »
Hello Simon

Many people think I am strong in mind and body? For me I am physically and mentally tired . Yet I press on. I have a long history of traumatic experiences over the years. Each one of them taught a valuable lesson. I always subscribed to the theory that when you think your done for the body still has 30% reserves to keep going. .

I say in a metaphor its like being in boxing ring I am trapped in a corner having living daylights belted out of me. 30% till end of the round. :-)

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal