Author Topic: The House of Mystery: Wombarra NSW  (Read 7316 times)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
Re: The House of Mystery: Wombarra NSW
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
KANACKI, would be very interesting as it is most unusual of Spirits wandering in Cemeteries’, due to the timeframe between their death and burial.

Each time I am in a Cemetery, due to the burial of a relative or friend I try and wander a bit to see if I could sense the presence of a Spirit but have yet to find one.

But, there may be Spirit(s) wandering Cemeteries’ for one reason or another.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 12:38:24 PM »
Hello Simon well in regards to cemeteries any ghost at Wombarra cannot complain about the real estate they are buried on they have multi million dollar water front views along the coast. ;-)

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »
Could be a major issue going forward if a developer is able to purchase the site to build apartments based on the views you mentioned.

Usually there is a caveat ensuring that the Cemetery and those buried within it, is moved to a site agreed to by the Council and those who lived near the Cemetery.

It is my belief that Spirits cannot move as the world they exist in remains, whilst the Physical Cemetery and those people interned in the Cemetery (remember, we are talking about the "Physical Body, etc.") are moved.

The above is purely speculative and are not a reality at the moment. 

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 11:50:49 PM »
Hello Simon

Speculative or not still interesting point.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
This story still remains one of my favourites, I generally think about during my "Moments of Clarity" as I could not understood in part of your Post below:

Past of your Post Dated, 24 May 2018 ".... something being dragged down the stairs"; Could this be Miss Kerns and perhaps a male friend dragging the body of Miss Brown who committed suicide in Miss Kerns room.

By the time Miss Kerns had found Miss Brown's lifeless body, Miss Brown's Spirit had left her physical body, but did not Passover and followed her Physical Body as it was dragged down-stairs and hidden in the cellar, which had a secret place and would not be found, even after a major internal renovation.

Miss Brown's Spirit, for some reason, I feel a great deal of Empathy for.

(Confucius)

LES

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 12:14:21 PM »
hi everyone im also interested in this house.I lived in morrison ave as a kid early 60's to early 70's. This is what I remember, there were 2 ladies living in that house.Both ladies looked very simular but one had a hump on her back and the other did not I never actually saw them together but there was definately 2 ladies both would have been around 70yo. I did speak to one of them sometimes and her name was miss Brown.The other lady was not very friendly and used a cane to get around. There was a path through this property that ran from the railway station down to the local shop and post office and sometimes I would meet up with the lady with the cane and as I said before she was not the friendly type.To earn some pocket money I use to collect blackberries and sell them in icecream containers for 2/- one of my friends said sell some to miss brown scary thought going to the front door especially when my friend said no way he was coming with me but I eventually worked up enough courage to climb the front stairs and knock on the door. surprisingly miss brown answered and did buy them, she went to get the money and what I could see of the inside was dark and gloomy it had a addams family look to it lol I left woombarra in 1971 and I believe at least one of the ladies was still alive in that year. Years later I returned to Wombarra and saw the house again not knowing it had been restored I actually thought it had been knocked down. I know the lady was miss brown and  my older sister has confirmed this but the other ladies identity was never revealed   

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25:19 PM »
Hello LES

Welcome to the forum. What an interesting experience you had. Miss Brown She was probably in her mid 80's. Stories I got told was  they was very reclusive.  I could imagine how spooky it must of seemed.

Thank you for sharing your amazing insight into the two old women.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi LES, welcome to the Forum and thank you for a most interesting Post. It is wonderful that you were able to re-live for us, a most beautiful part of your life. The descriptions you gave of the two ladies in question has certainly given me deeper feelings for both. Thank you.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 12:47:50 AM »
I really enjoyed Les insight too. Strangely I could almost picture it.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 04:15:02 PM »
Yes, Les was able to provide an extremely well crafted view of a person who was there during a much greater timeline than we had originally.

Well done Les and thank you for your most valued input.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »
I wonder if anyone else has had a experience there?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal