Author Topic: Ghost girl on a bridge Forbes NSW  (Read 5803 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Ghost girl on a bridge Forbes NSW
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
Can the dead haunt the place of their demise?

The following story is perhaps almost forgotten these days in the sleepy rural town of Forbes. Famous for demise of bold Ben Hall Bush Ranger. Yet sleepy little rural town has a ghost that haunts the local bridge.

Over the years many people have claimed to see this strange restless spirit in the dead of night.

One truck driver saw the apparition of young girl at first he thought he had run over a child while passing through late at night. So shocked was he from the experience left him baffled and upset.

Another retired couple a few years later thought they had struck a young girl passing over the bridge a night in their camper van. They had honestly thought see had been knocked under the van. Stopping Shocked they found nothing as if she had vanished?

Even more intriguing there was no sound of collision as if they just drove through her?

Was it all a collective hallucination?

Old Kanacki the half blind curious creature he is had to find out more?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Ghost girl on a bridge Forbes NSW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:18:01 AM »
And indeed I did find out more.

There seems a few stories floating about the Forbes murder bridge. What was true and what was urban legend? Kanacki had to find out more.

Who would think the narrow bridge posted below was such a focal point for a haunting?

In fact for a long time it was referred to the "Murder Bridge"

To be cont.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
After WW2 when most country towns was cerebrating the end of the war and lamenting the loss of loved ones. Forbes was gripped by the murder of Ethel Wells and Luigi Origilia. Both was found shot dead on the bridge.

The bodies was found 3 minutes after shots was heard by Albert Pyrmont. He saw no one and no fire Arm. The prime suspect was William Robert Eathgate aged 47.

There was claims and country claim and one witness arrears to have committed perjury in an attempt to pervert the course of justice. The sad affair was very well known for years until slowly forgotten.

Yet the nicknames given to the bridge "Murder Bridge " Stuck. You can read for your self the National Advocate newspaper 1945 story posted below. For those who cannot see the article I suggest you sign up and you can dig much deeper into these ghostly stories.

But that sad murder was not likely the cause of the alleged haunting. As the ghost appears to have been a child about 11 or 12.

So what was driver that caused this alleged haunting....

Kanacki had to dig deeper back in time.

to be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:39:48 AM »
KANACKI, you are quite correct, this is an intruiging story, however I am not sure how the young "Ghost girl", fits in.

Was she a witness to the two murders and killed by other, quieter, means and the body thrown over the bridge, whilst still allowing time for the murdurer to make his getaway.

The other aspect is, "the why", that is why did the two people, at a bridge, are killed?

To me it seems like they were lured to the Bridge under some pretexed and murdered, something they did not expect.

So, both knew their killer and trusted the person and was the little girl brought along by one of the murdered people?

Still need more information to either link the girl to the two murdered people or was she from another time-period and is not linked.

Another great puzzle KANACKI and I am glad it did not slip from me.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »
Hello Simon

It appears the bridge my friend has had several events over the years. One would naturally think there was connection to the double murder on the bridge in 1945?

Memory of the terrible murder was still in the public mind when strange event in 1947 happened.

A man by the name of Johannason saw near the bridge one dark night at about 10.15 pm as he pushed his bike. A passing car shone the beam on a strange figure draped in an old fashioned rain cloak. He followed the strange figure to his horror he called out by the strange phantom figure did not answer. Amd asked again why do you not answer?

What startled him he could see straight through the figure. As he followed it it slowly vanished before his eyes. The wraith that vanished before him seem like that of a little girl.

After deliberating for 3 months he decided to face public ridicule by telling of his encounter. He felt that she might of been a murder victim still in death searching for her killer?

The story is posted in following newspaper Narromie Age ans Triangie advocate 25 th of November 1947 below .....

For those guests who cannot see the newspaper clipping I suggest you join our wonderful community form. You will get to see some amazing things.

This gave me a clue that what I needed to search for.

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 11:48:59 PM »
Finally I dug deeper and there was death of a young girl who drowned in the river in 1909. She was 12 years old visiting Forbes with her family.

Is it another case of a little girl lost drowning not knowing she is dead trapped in some desperate cycle of trying to find her parents after swimming at the waterhole near the bridge?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 11:20:23 AM »
Hi Violet and KANACKI (you nearly did my head in with your last post LOL),

I think that we can all agree there are many definitions for the Soul and Spirit but, I feel, very little information on the concept of the "Spiritual Umbilical Cord", which attaches the physical with the spiritual parts that make up the Individual Human or other Physical Life-Form in this World.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:41 AM »
KANACKI, apologies for the last post, which I, for some reason Posted under the wrong Topic, unfortunately I am not myself today.

It appears from your last Posts that the Ghost of the Little Girl, died in a timeframe, before the shooting of the two men in a later time.

As was said that she died from drowning due to the swelling of the river where she was swimming and caught off guard and drowned.

Since then her spirit walks near the bridge, searching for her Parents or someone to help her find her parents.

Unfortunately, I think she does not know she has died, due probably the speed at which she died and her age.

She is walking near the Bridge waiting for her parents and/or someone she can talk to and can help her.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 11:20:53 PM »
Hello Simon I suspect the same. It reminds me in regards to New castle police station story.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
Yes, you are quite correct KANACKI; 2 little pre-teen girls with the same problems; confusion, lack of understanding that they are dead and an inability to move on.

I sometimes wonder how many spirits there are "trapped" in the spiritual place, where they are unable to move on from.

Are there spirits from the spiritual world tasked with the responsibility to visit the "worlds" the lost spirits occupy, with the role to try and get these lost spirits to move one!!!

Something to think about.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:47 AM »
Hello Simon

Interesting indeed your question do some natural fade away over time? An extremely slow dislodging passing over?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
KANACKI, unfortunately no, but things like time, etc., are of no consequence too those spirits who are unable to move on.

I was walking out of the Wards at a Children’s Hospital after visiting a close friends child and as I walked down a long corridor and felt a weak feeling of a spirit walking towards me and as it got closer I felt that it was a child of about six years old.

As there was no one else around I asked the child to walk into my "Bright and Warming" spirit, then I communicated via pictures as I have only seen one spirit in over 55+ Years.

Anyway, I asked the child if it wanted to meet his relatives then he needed to find a light that was much brighter than mine and just move towards it, with the help of a couple of spirit friends I had from the Spirit World (interestingly I just realised that I have always had friends from the other side).

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »
Hello Simon

You make a good point for example. Some one haunting over several hundred years one would expect the haunting to fade away over time. But if that was the case we would not see historical ghosts?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
Good Morning KANACKI, I hope you are feeling better.

You are quite correct about the ancient spirits who have not been able to cross-over, through a lack of physical time, 100 Years, might feel like only a brief moment, making it less painful.

For spirits who have not passed-over as they want to be close to their close relatives trying to contact them without any feedback; over time anger sets in as their loved ones leave the home for a number of reasons.

This is how negative energy builds up over time and perhaps the new owners feel this negative energy, with some getting help to remove this negative energy and the spirit causing this.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 12:26:25 AM »
hello Simon

This negative energy is purely created by trapped spirits?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal