Author Topic: Phantoms of the old Newcastle Police Station: Newcastle NSW  (Read 690 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Phantoms of the old Newcastle Police Station: Newcastle NSW
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:11 PM »
We always imagine jails, hospitals, and asylums places of great torment thus most likely to be haunted.

The old Newcastle Police Station in Hunter Street operated from 1861 until 1982. And those who believe in ghostly entities say its lock-up is haunted by many, but its best known is the spirit child named Mary.

Mary walks the jail looking for her parents and a Sydney based team of paranormal investigators claim to have made contact with her and have even recorded her voice.

But Mary is not the only ghost of the lock-up.

Paranormal investigators claim to have photographed what they believe is a ghost (pictures below), possibly a police officer, during one of their overnight camp-outs in the lock-up in 2012. For those guests unable to see picture then I suggest registering on the forum to see amazing pictures of various haunted locations around Australia.

Is there any history of death connected to this police station?

To be continued...

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Phantoms of the old Newcastle Police Station: Newcastle NSW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
Is there a figure in the doorway? Old Kanacki's eye too bad these days to really see. How come some ghost pictures are always low quality grainy pictures.

I leave the authenticy of the alleged photograph to debated by more experts of photography. After all Kanacki was more terrible taking family photographs. I cannot count the family members I decapitated in poorly taken photos in days when negative film was used:-)

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:23:27 AM »
KANACKI, given the "investigators" who claimed to have talked with Mary, the young spirit and recorded a "part or all of the conversation", did the, so called investigators help Mary crossover to perhaps be with her parents?

You know me KANACKI and would probably understand that, at this moment, I am getting very, very upset, because I already know the answer; they left Mary where she was, "searching endlessly for her parents", who have already crossed over.

In terms of the picture where there may or may not be an image of an adult spirit. I see something but, like yourself, am not an expert in such images.

I think I need a break to bring myself balanced within both my spirit and physical self.

On a positive note, another great find KANACKI and one that certainly needs more investigation.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
(Buddha)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:16:00 AM »
Hello Simon

I think I know who Mary was?

I will post more on it later....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:25:10 AM »
KANACKI, wonderful and I look forward to your additional information.
(Buddha)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 11:04:26 PM »
Hello Simon

Actually you make have been more in tune with this story. When I searched through old newspapers looking for deaths in custody of the old Newcastle police station I found nothing. The group claimed the they contacted the sprit of young girl called Mary.

Well I searched for Mary if she had been murdered I found two but both was much older nearly 20 years of age not quite a child. but there was no way any connection to the old police station.

However false searched under the impression of her being murdered?

The researchers claimed she was looking for her parents? And that made me search for other deaths of young girls called Mary. One was a 3 year old at Stockton and another at wharves around the corner from the old police station. She was a 13 year old girl. Now back then you could imagine her parents installing into the mind of a young girl aged 13 if you get into trouble seek the police to help you!

Now this young Mary accidently fell into the water and drowned but as her physical body drowned her fighting spirit separated from the now lifeless corpse and swam to a ladder among wharves climbed up in her minds eye made her way the Police Station to get help. but no one notices her because she is dead. But this 13 year girl does not quite understand or come to terms with she has left her physical body.

Everyone around her seems to be ignoring her?  Her name I believe was Mary Myers.

You can see the following newspaper story Australian star dated 23 September 1901 below....

So in effect she is a young girl very lost caught between the living and the dead for the last 117 years. How distressing as she desperately wants to be with her parent most likely long dead themselves...Lost the dead zone between the living and the dead.

You are right Simon if anyone needed to pass on its is perhaps Mary Myers?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
The paranormal research team also inferred they felt a presence in the doorway of the old cell block more of intimidating male presence.

Perhaps it was the ghost of Police Sargent William Stubbs who died in 1936 after several weeks if illness?
 Perhaps his restless spirit is still guarding those long abandoned cells?

Is he a lost spirit or a stone tape recording of his presence?

see newspaper obituary Maitland mail 2nd of September 1936 below....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 10:37:39 AM »
KANACKI, I think that the spirit of Mary, is still in the old Police Station trying to communicate with someone to help her get back "home" with her parents.

The reason I came to this conclusion was that as I read your Post and more so, her obituary, I started to tear up and more than that, I cried.

So, there is a probability that Mary's spirit exists, but again, I would need to do a "walk through" to confirm this and if true, help her cross-over.

In relation to the Policeman's spirit, this does not exist, however there is a lot of negative energy in and around the area, probably due to the coming and going of criminals.

Hope this helps.
(Buddha)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 09:19:03 PM »
Hello Simon

That sounds very plausible. I suppose all police station cells would over the years would become over charged with negative emotions?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
Yes KANACKI, like all places where negative energy can both exist, but also grow, a Police Station is certainly a place where this would have a very high probability to have high levels of negative energy.

I can't believe this, but I’m tearing up again; poor Mary!!
(Buddha)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »
I see someone standing in the doorway wearing a light blue shirt. I get no emotional reaction to the figure (but some to the station) so though no expert I would like to know more about the photo’s authenticity.

It makes sense that Mary would come to the police station seeking help. You’ve created a moving picture, Kanacki, of her emerging from the water without her body, confused and wanting her parents. You have a talent for stories that resonate. Is there something you sense about the stories you choose to post? I wonder if you are tapping into abilities additional to writing.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
Violet, you certainly add some additional thoughts on the Police Station and who was trapped in it.

I, like yourself, Violet, believe KANACKI has certain Paranormal facets and I, like yourself, would also be interested in how KANACKI, chooses his stories to Post on the Site,
(Buddha)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 11:12:32 PM »
Hello Violet and Simon.

Thanks for the heads up with Paranormal abilities. Sadly I feel somewhat lacking in any such abilities. However perhaps its ancient "baird" storyteller in  me that sees into the stories I research? Maybe a deeper refined instinct in researching these stories?

I am rather embarrassed in some respects as there is no ryhme or reason on which stories I write about because in truth they all intrigue me in different ways. Being such an inquisitive creature by nature. I write very late at night perhaps its in the late hours between waking and sleep brain patterns alter perceptions. I sleep in a process of short cat naps....where my day these days alternate between awake and sleep. Night and day are irrelevant.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
Hi KANACKI, you are not lacking in anyway, you have created a wonderful section in the Forum based purely around spirits, etc., in Australia.

Each new Post you add, is so rich in information including any photographs, newspaper clippings and any other details you find during your detailed investigations.

You also respond in both a logical and spiritual way, without you perhaps not realising it, to points we raise.

KANACKI, without your presence and subject matter "You Owned" from the start and put in 100%+ in every new Australian story you have found, investigated it and are willing to contribute sometimes in a spiritual one.

You came to the Forum, better equipped and already with a basic knowledge in the Paranormal and since then, grown as we have all grown in our individual journey's.

My view, is that if you felt you had exhausted Australian Spiritual Cases, encompassing both modern and ones stretching back to the days of settlement using convicts; from the landing and occupation of the First Fleet.

If the above occurred you may want to tackle New Zealand or revisit all or some of your Australian Individual and Separate Posts.

Perhaps looking for new findings/updates, although I think most, if not all your new Australian Tales of the supernatural have been exhausted by your original "Detailed" Posts.

Also, from my point of view I would not have made contact spirits via your Posts, particularly the one about the Grey Nurse in Adelaide; I still cannot forget the manner in which the spirit came to me as I wrote a reply.

Never doubt yourself KANACKI; this Forum is both about sharing our experiences and also learning as we grow, all looking for our "True Life Journey" KANACKI, as you have been doing since you started, even with your physical and family issues.
(Buddha)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
Hello Simon

Rest assured I am not done with Australian ghost stories just yet. I still have about 300 + to tell as well as updates to the ones already posted...

Its just old Kanacki is running out of puff there days. I get very tired a lot these days.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal