Author Topic: House on the Hill: Aberglasslyn Maitland NSW  (Read 6489 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
House on the Hill: Aberglasslyn Maitland NSW
« on: November 19, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »
A house on hill looking so forlornly lost in the landscape like a ghost of another age. What house could more look like the classic ghost house of old?

Aberglassyn house was built by George Hobler in around 1840 and has been referred to by many as the Hunter's “house of broken dreams”. 

Hobler a stock man, grazier and landowner came to the Hunter Region in 1836 and bought the property, Aberglassyn situated five kilometres upstream from Maitland. 
He became a justice of the peace, and was letting the land to tenant farmers, played the part of the local squire and started to build the Georgian mansion now known as Aberglassyn House.

Situated high on a hill overlooking farmland and a picturesque bend in the Hunter River the house
Hobler became insolvent in 1846, during a banking crisis and the mansion was advertised for sale in 1858 stating that Hobler had spent upwards of 20 000 pounds on the house alone.

In 1844, Aberglassyn House was leased by William Nicholson, who eventually exercised his option to purchase it. The property remained the possession of Nicholson's descendants until 1962.
 has stately charm and an old world feel. It's intended grandeur was never quite realised in its day.

In 1846 Patrick McNamara and his wife Rose leased as sublet of some of the land around the estate house of William Nicholson in one of the few cottages around the estate. There time there was traumatic one as 6 years later of domestic violence  Patrick McNamara perhaps under pressure paying the lease, snapped and in heated argument when Rose had fled to her fathers house on Aberglassyn in 1851.  It was said murdered his wife Rose by cutting her throat as proven by many witnesses. No doubt the end result of such a crime back then was death by hanging?

On 29 March 1852 Patrick McNamara was found guilty of murder of his wife and Hanged at Maitland for the murder of his wife Rose McNamara at Aberglasslyn. It has been said its her sad ghost that haunts the upper rooms of the main house itself as if still trying to flee her murderous husband seeking protection yet not knowing she was already dead.

There was many stories told about the house on the hill over the years....

To be continued.....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: House on the Hill: Aberglasslyn Maitland NSW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »
Some say the early settlers of site was jinxed as they had build the estate of scared site of local indigenous people?

It never real prospered as an estate.

to be continued...

kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
Going through old newspapers there seems that local land holder at one stage was not very well liked by local families surrounding the estate.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:16:16 AM »
KANACKI, it is interesting that the surrounding land has become a newly developed housing estate:

http://www.unexplainedaustralia.com/21-ghosts-hauntings/100-aberglassyn-house-house-of-broken-dreams

"Today the farmland of "Aberglassyn" has been subdivided and is a major housing estate. Yet the spooky Aberglassyn Mansion maintains its lonely vigil over the surrounding countryside."

Given there was a number of events, which were considered as "bad luck", prior to the murder of Rose, I would think that, if the land could be proven as a "very important aboriginal sacred site", then the new estate built within the grounds of "Aberglassyn", some of these new houses would at first investigation have a lot of negative energy.

So, if we could first map the "boundaries of negative energy" and, if possible, overlap the boundary of the aboriginal sacred site, it would be the start of our investigation.

For me, the mapping, if allowed, of all new homes surrounding "Aberglassyn", (to map negative and positive homes would not be difficult, as I am a very strong Empath, which has helped us not to buy houses that have strong negative energy, either in one room or within all of the house(s) inspected.

The initial pattern should grow stronger as we got closer to "Aberglassyn", which may, in fact, be the centre of the aboriginal sacred site.

I doubt that this is one aspect, the builders of the estate ignored.

It would be appropriate that we (via the Prime Minister's Office) try to map all very important "aboriginal sacred sites", which may be a start, to perhaps solve some unexplained events.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:10:22 AM »
Hello Simon

An interesting concept and an eastern concept. Another old influence that influenced early Christianity in Armenia that later influenced early Cathar theology.

The Chinese have known for centuries Feng Shu.

(in Chinese thought) a system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation in relation to the flow of energy (chi), and whose favourable or unfavourable effects are taken into account when siting and designing buildings.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
Firstly, hope you had a wonderful Christmas and also may you and your family have a Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

As usual KANACKI, at least now, a lot of my responses to other members Posts and indeed my own Posts, are written whilst I am in a very "Clear and Spiritual State" and I have no understanding of what I have written until I have re-read my Previous Post and of course any written response as in this case.

It is interesting that my response, from your perspective, brings in early Cathar Theology (no surprise there) and Eastern Philosophy, including Feng Shu and once again no surprise there.

It is unfortunate that I and or a number of specifically skilled members cannot map new Housing Estates and also inner Sydney against the Telluric Current flow, known aboriginal sacred sites together the overall negative and/or positive energy.

The mind boggles as to what we could find!!

Given the above was possible the mind boggles as to what we could find.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
Hello Simon

Another factor that has never been research into, as far as I am aware?

What are the effect of positive and negatives forces on human brain?

Do subtle geological faults trigger  Telluric Current flow? Can the subconscious be effected by variations in the magnetic field like the magnetic changes with tide by the pull of the moon. Many females menstruation cycle follow the cycle of the moon. Thus Culturally many of the Ancients regarded the moon as a goddess deity and deity because of that. Traditionally the moon signified mood changes in people. Hench the term 'Lunacy" mostly prevalent in the height of the full moon!

Can Telluric Current with negative and positive energy have a similar type effect but more subtle in affecting peoples moods?

If so The mind boggles.

Could poorly sited housing states in high areas of negative energy be in part contributing to the crime rate in the affected areas by people more inclined to be subtly affected by such forces?

So these other subtle earth forces could have some effect on peoples mood?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 11:12:51 AM »
KANACKI, both the Telluric Current and the other energy flow around the earth, without any detours, i.e., they both flow through beneath the earth and through/ beneath the large bodies of water.

I have on a number of occasions, via my spirit, been taken through the earth and have, in some areas, cried, via my physical self, at areas where blood has flowed down as negative energy due to the large number of deaths at the hands of terror groups and innocents dying unnecessarily, due to friendly fire.

Most "ordinary" people would not feel the negative or positive energy, within these two energy flows.

I think I am able to feel the energy and indeed follow it via my spirit due to my life as a Cathar Perfect (Parfait [French] and Perfectus [Latin]) and as my understanding of this life grows, so does my understanding of how the Cathar Perfect's used this energy over and above just in the anointing of a new Cathar Perfect.

In relation to whether or not the negative energy having an effect on violence, etc., in some areas; I still believe this is both a cultural/family issue as well as the ease that the person's ID (I still believe this is a big contributor, which I don't know why others are unable to at least look at this area [refer Sigmund Freud]).

Also, being in a home where the male bully's his partner, this pattern may also affect how the children are or are not affected.
Anything in the home that adds to the negative energy may again, also impact those living in the home.

Hope the above helps KANACKI.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 09:13:50 PM »
Hello Simon

Indeed it does very interesting....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
KANACKI, I have been unable to let my comments stand, without adding to this with a couple of thoughts as follows:

1. Empaths: if someone has a more elevated ability ranging from low to high would, if they actually able to understand this aspect of themselves would, on a Graph, with the vertical being "Low to High" and the Horizonal being from "Low to High Recognition".

Sometimes knowledge is only useful if you firstly, recognise you have an ability and secondly have the "knowledge" to be able to use the ability.

This is the major aspect, which is the same for everything we do, from "what do we want to be when we grow up" and both the learning and practical sides, which will aid us in reaching our "working goals"

2. Moral and Caring for Others: I am a great believer that this is a combination of "Home", which is the most important aspect (despite what the state and federal politicians think).

This aspect is extremely "multi-layered" as it also takes into account of where our parents and children (if they are of an age to understand our birth country's values, religion/political closeness, e.g., Iran, etc.)

We have seen the outcomes where there are clashes between our (UK, European and other democratic) values (largely due to the separation of "state and religion “and countries where the structure is based on philosophies of a "combined legal and political" structure, where the family hierarchy places females at the bottom and at the mercy of males.

The outcome of the above has caused a number of published outcomes and perhaps failed to see some outcomes. This is, fortunately a small percentage of immigrants.
I will leave researching this to our members, as I have been and will continue to research for as long as I can.

The growth of gangs and violence in Melbourne Suburbs, which I will leave researching this growth as I have done and will continue to (per above).

Knowledge is a wonderful thing only if you are sure it is from a reputable source and above all are able to implement it.

At this point I apologise for the length of the above, nut they are "most important", whether in the Paranormal sphere or other aspects of our social and working lives.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »
Hello Simon it would be interesting to get a better understanding of the geological make up of area around the old building?

Could the house site be clash site between positive and negative energies?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 11:58:13 PM »
I had some cool pictures of the place before it was restored. i cannot remember where the pictures are? In the basement was colony of bats.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
Hi KANACKI,

I am, in deference to what I wrote previously, continuing to see if there are studies at the micro-level regarding the energy flows, including the Telluric Current.

So, there may be "a chance" of finding what we are looking for.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:59 PM »
Hello Simon

Perhaps it is? But how do we find it?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
KANACKI, I have time, so am looking for a more "micro-view" of the 2 energy lines that firstly goes through Country, then State and hopefully an area view around Maitland, NSW.

I feel hopeful that we may get "close".

(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal