Author Topic: Haunted Cell 3 Richmond Jail TAS  (Read 6209 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Haunted Cell 3 Richmond Jail TAS
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »
Ever wondered why there are two accepted spelling versions of same word?

Both are accepted – but “jail” is preferred. It admits that “in general, the spelling of this word has shifted in Australian English from gaol to jail”. However, it goes on to add that, “gaol remains fossilised in the names of jails, as Parramatta Gaol, and in some government usage”

Amazing is the irregularities of our language that mirrors our own unique haunted places around Australia. 

The following haunting comes from the island State of Tasmania with its long dark history of crime and punishment. The Richmond Gaol is a convict era building and tourist attraction in Richmond, Tasmania, and is the oldest intact gaol in Australia. Building of the gaol commenced in 1825, and predates the establishment of the penal colony at Port Arthur in 1833.

One of the tasks completed by the convicts who were held at Richmond Gaol was the construction of Richmond Bridge. Which as its own famous ghost story already posted here in this forum.
Most of the gaol buildings have not been changed since convict times. They include an example of a female solitary confinement cell, measuring 2 metres (6.6 ft)s by 1 metre (3.3 ft). Not a nice place to be left in on days on end.

The Jail buildings include a chain gang sleeping rooms, a flogging yard, a cook house and holding rooms. The buildings also feature historical relics and documents. Truly a place worth visiting as you can see in the pictures below.

For those guests who cannot see the pictures I suggest you join the forum to see amazing bits of history and perhaps even some strange things.

By the mid-1850s, the place was only being used as a Watch House due to the cessation of convict transportation. In 1861, it was controlled by the municipal police and when they were removed to become centralised in Hobart, the gaol simply became a group of holding cells. By the end of the 1920s, it was abandoned. In 1945, the gaol was rescued by becoming a State Reserve and through legislation in the 1970s, it was run by the National Parks and Wildlife Service, meaning the gaol could be classified as an historic site under their control.

Like most old sites like this, it has its fair share of ghost stories. The third cell in the Men's Block is apparently quite well known for the terrible effect it can have on people in there. People claim to hear moaning and deep sighs and some people claim they get a cold shiver as they approach.

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Haunted Cell 3 Richmond Jail TAS
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
Can you imagine spending the night there alone in Cell 3 ?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 05:14:34 PM »
Many people have reported a very oppressive feeling as if intruding on some ones personal space. Others felt their personal space being suffocated?

Is that a natural response for people who may suffer from claustrophobia?

Or is it some thing more?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »
This type of haunting could be a stone tape recording type haunting where the weaken emotions of a disturbed prisoners has recorded itself onto the very walls. People entering room alone may sense the past traumas of the room?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:26 AM »
One such story goes back many years before the Jail at one time abandoned before it was handed over to national parks and wildlife. A young man for a bet to spend the night in jail cell 3? The story goes all was quiet until about 2am. Where the man was in total hysteria screaming to be let out........claiming there was some one or some thing was in cell with him. The story goes the young man high tailed it back to launceston and as far as we know never paid up failing with his bet.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
KANACKI, I do not feel that there is a haunting, but believe in your second last Post, which you called a "Stone Tape Recording" event, whereby all the negative energy built up over a period of time, due to the negative energy passing to the walls and floors.

There is a Post I shared with the Members, I think, at least two years ago, which replicates your negative energy theory. This occurred when we were looking at houses, for one to purchase.

One house we went to see, had negative energy as I opened the gate and this increased when we were in the house, however most rooms were reasonable and I could tolerate.

However as soon as I entered the main bedroom the negative energy hit me like being hit by a baseball bat.

I became quite anxious and wanted to run out of the room and house, before I was physically sick, however I needed to understand what caused the very high negative energy stored in the room.

After a few minutes, in the main bedroom, I found that the negative energy was due to an old man not wanting to die (he had a terminal illness and nothing could help him).
He was angry and this anger increased until his death, thus the build-up of negative energy.

Once I found the cause, of the negative energy build-up and impact, I had to get out of the main bedroom and the house very quickly, before I physically threw up.

It took me about 15 minutes to get my energy levels balanced and get rid of the nausea I had.

This was the only house I found that had such a large build-up of negative energy in one room.

So, my opinion is that the cause of this Post, is definitely a "Stone Tape Recording" event, which you mentioned KANACKI.

I might add that everyone were just looking at the house, with no impact. LOL
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »
hello Simon

You may be right. Researching through the history I could not confirm any deaths related to that cell?

It could be a case of stone tape recording? As you eluded to in another posted simply trapped negative energy that people alone in room pick up upon.

Or perhaps it was design of building itself traps negative forces?

kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:01:33 AM »
Hello KANACKI, Happy New Year.

In relation to the buildings and the various types of rooms, I would imagine that the "Stone Tape Recordings", the issues for each room would definitely have an impact, over long periods of incarceration, together with the gradual erosion of prisoner(s) mental state.

Even just seeing the 2 photographs and staring at each to try and elicit "moments of clarity", so that I could enter each photograph and get a greater feeling.

Although not a great success, I did at the very least, feel some negative energy emanating from each.

The other thing that needs to be taken into account are the "states" each visitor has going through each of the rooms; the more history and details, the more negative impact some people have, before entering the various parts of the prison.

So, we really have to take account of the different impacts on each person, based on their individual states of minds added to the "real" cause of the negative energy.

Unfortunately, it is always difficult, of what impact, such places have on each individual, psychological state of mind.

Some individuals have a very low threshold in relation to the "Fight or Flight" aspect, e.g., fear starts well before an individual gets the back-history of the jail, then moving into each segment/room.
I have personally seen this happen to certain individuals; so, we have the individual mind-set starting to increase their fear and negative energy, this then increases as they enter each room, etc., which already has negative “Stone Tape Recordings”.
Hope what I have written above is clear to each Member.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 11:03:40 AM »
Hello Simon some interesting points.

I suppose the mystery is what actually triggers the brain to go into fight or flight mode. Was is our sensory perception detecting at this site. Negative energy. My brain experienced it once before in a castle in North Wales it was oppressive impression of a prescience and hostile.... Was it just a high level of charged negative energy inside the stone room?

Strange enough my brain at the time perceived a feminine presence. was that just the brain subconscious actually trying to identify the possible perceived threat?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
KANACKI, unfortunately it is difficult to distil at what point the "Fight or Flight" kicks in, as it is based on each individual’s reaction (whether they react or not) and if they do react, they may react quite differently from one-another.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 08:52:09 PM »
Hello Simon

Flight or fight mechanism can be found in all creatures as part of evolutionary process. Its interesting hypothesize on the triggers in subconscious.

Kanacki 

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »
KANACKI, I would support your last Post as my "Little Man" (my "very spiritual" dog), as he would sometimes pick up spirits, that I am unable to feel their presence.

However, over time, my companion taught me to look for any "indentations" in whatever room we were.

His calmness, also provided me with confidence, that the spirit(s) were positive not negative/dark spirits.

He was absolutely wonderful in his spiritual and physical companion.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
It is amazing how animals seem to have a 6 sense, an ability to detect things many humans that have lost the ability to do so.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 09:17:28 AM »
KANACKI, very true, although having pet Cat's most of my childhood then our last one, who lived for just over 23 years, she and the other cats strangely did not react at all, or perhaps I was too busy, especially with our last Cat to notice.

Another point, which is how I deal with spirits; it is my spirit that takes over and to a large degree diminished any physical reaction by me other than from my Empathic aspect.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
Hello Simon

While a Dog is in essence a pack animal that only survive in a group and when it becomes part of  the family its role becomes sensitive to perceived presences that might be perceived to be a threat out of loyalty to the pack. ie The family.

While Cats in general who by nature curious creature they are in effect lone hunters with no perceived need for such loyalties that dogs displays.

Even so there has been cases of Dogs and cats react strongly to such malignant presences. Perhaps cats only react in that way if they themselves feel threatened?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal