Author Topic: Ghost Passenger of Alice Springs NT  (Read 7373 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Ghost Passenger of Alice Springs NT
« on: October 20, 2017, 09:50:57 PM »
In keeping with telling ghostly yarns from all over Australia. the following yarn is very fitting in our ghostly lore of the "Red Centre".

Please accept my apologies in advance as old Kanacki "seeker of Ghost stories" Is a little under the weather at present as I have my head bandaged with two ice packs. I had just been operated on and feel like I have been run over. Yet there is bit of rebel in me, while in pain squinting and two finger typing, it distracted me from just sitting there feeling sorry for my self wallowing in pain. So I made myself too busy to feel pain mode. Not bad only 2 hours out of surgery with my head swelling like a pumpkin, on a drip bored and decided to write on my lap top.

That said please forgive in advance any typos. Some times my eyes play poor tricks on Kanacki. And if I get through without typos then hey I should type more often bombed out on Pain killers:-)

The following story as first heard was in the late 90's I think from memory. Hey forgive me if I am wrong they drilled into my skull twice to relieve pressure so my memory coming out of anesthetic is little wobbly. The story I was told  tells of a local man driving through the centre of town at night around dusk just when daylight is fading. he was in the car a Holden commodore driving through the centre of town when he stopped at a set of stoplight. To his amazement he heard from the back seat "Gidday Bro can ya spare a cigarette?"

Looking into the rear view mirror he saw and elderly aboriginal with a multicolored Beanie and singlet, grinning as old as the hills around Alice Springs itself. Having all his doors locked as you could imagine he was shocked. So stunned he stalled the car looking around himself into the back seat seeing no one there. Only braking the spell from the beeping horn of the car behind as the lights had gone to green.

As you might think our dear driver of this strange encounter was either drunk or ingested one form another of any number of drugs? Swearing he was sober and not under any influence of drugs. It as he stated came totally out of blue and even now feel totally silly in recounting the story...

Did he have a mini micro sleep and dreamed it? Was he suffering sunstroke from days work?

I as as always leave you to ponder over this yarn?

But there is one other thing to add as strange as this sounds there are otherS who had similar encounters?

Old Kanacki's pain killers are kicking in making this old seeker of "Ghost Stories "droopy eyed and half asleep my self. And I feel my head is going to cave in....So once again forgive old Kanacki going into noddy land.

To be continued......

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: Ghost Passenger of Alice Springs NT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
In south Australia  while at conference a few year ago I got to listen in on a lady rep telling the strange story of her  family on holiday going to Alice Springs, that had a strange encounter. When they just arrived at sunset stopped at the traffic lights in town, her two kids aged 5 and 7 screamed in the back seat of the car, that a scary man was sitting in between them! As the mother looked around to scold her children she saw with shock they was not fooling. And she screamed herself at an old Aboriginal man in multicolored beanie and singlet, toothless grinning back at asking for a cigarette before vanishing.

The husband alarmed at all the screams ran up back of car in front of the traffic lights. Feeling totally silly and bewildered stopped to explain what happened to the local couple in front car that was bumped from in behind. The local couple saw the family that accidentally run up their rear was very distraught. And was told about the man in the back seat that caused the accident. Yet there was no one in car between the two terrified child except a linger smell of tobacco odor.

The local couple was born and bred in the Alice and when told of the description of the apparition they remembered local resident tramp and town drunk known as "Old Tom" Who was quite a character when living poping out of nowhere asking drivers at the traffics light for cigarettes and grog. Always bumming cigarettes of people along the main street of Alice springs for years until one night he was run over and killed near the very traffic lights he used to haunt when living now appearing to haunt again in death.

Needless to say after that strange experience the family returned to Adelaide after a nights stay cutting their holiday short.

I cannot imagine what they told the insurance company.

Kanacki.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:46:26 PM »
Recently in 2015 the sunshine coast daily told the story of peoples strange encounters of ghosts in cars. A reader made the brief comments below.....

Ian MacCrimmon: I was driving in Alice Springs once. As I slowed for the traffic lights a foul apparition appeared in my back seat. After it asked for a smoke, it was gone in the blink of an eye. 

Coincidence?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »
I wonder if anyone else reading this has had the same encounter visiting the "Alice"

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
For someone who admits he has no special abilities. I find this ghost story from "the Alice" very intriguing..

Kanacki

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »
This story is eerie and funny at once. What a mischievous ghost! I can picture his face.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
Hello Violet

Strange enough I can too! I imagine a rather "Larrakin" free spirit with a mischievous twisted seance of humour.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:03:41 PM »
KANACKI, you are a very strong person doing this Post, just after having holes drilled into your head to let pressure out and other medical procedures.

Given the amazing spirit you have; my spirit has on occasion been guided to your spirit (by my spirit friends from the spiritual side. LOL) and have had some conversations with him/her. You see, spirits are pure energy and therefore have no form or sex, except that of the physical person the spirit occupies on each reincarnation.

Sorry, but I am having a bit of "spirit (automatic) writing" experience and am finding it difficult to keep on the subject in question but I will get there in a moment (a small break might do it so am going to get some tea, if I am allowed......!!!!

I am partly back but will try and continue as best I can. Let me begin.....

Hi KANACKI and Violet, as I read the story of the Ghostly Apparition of an Aboriginal Man, who generally can be found, infrequently, in the Back Seat of a vehicle stopped at a specific set of traffic lights in Alice Springs, around the area where he was killed by a motor vehicle (always being cheerful and asking for a smoke), whilst on the road in the darkness, most probably drunk.

I think this story has a very high percentage of being quite true, given the evidence you have provided KANACKI, however we would need to get it checked out by a known paranormal.

I am guessing that due to being drunk, when he was accidently hit by the motor vehicle, his spirit may not have been fully in charge and missed the opportunity to Passover.

So, unfortunately the cheerful aboriginal still thinks he is still alive due to at least one or more of the following factors; he seems to always be recognised, that is, seen; sometimes also heard and also perhaps with the odour of someone who has smoked for a long time and perhaps even the smell of alcohol.

This is one of those spirits, who is happy and would therefore leave a paranormal, with a very hard decision; does the person tell the spirit he is dead and has been for some years and needs to Passover to the spirit world, in order to continue his journey, or does the paranormal just walk away, happy in the knowledge that this decision was right given the cheerful nature of the spirit.

The problem is that now that I am "one with my spirit", I see everything very differently and more specifically, on a larger and all-encompassing level.

I have a larger view of what love is and means and also, among other important aspects, including how the balance of the "light and dark concept" must be maintained as one cannot exist without the other.

Therefore, what is perhaps considered a small decision the person does not see the larger impact; one example, which we all know, is how throwing a small stone into the near centre of a pond, has the consequence of creating both a "physical" impact, along with a spiritual one.

All spirits who are existing in the area that is "neither physical or spiritual", has larger consequences on both the physical and spiritual worlds.

I am trying to stay "on-point" but am finding it most difficult, something else seems to need my attention.

I will therefore close by saying that the spirit must Passover, as others, who occupy such spaces must also Passover.

This post has taken me 3 hours, while I have been fighting the need to move on and I am physically and spiritually exhausted; my apologies.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
Hello Simon

Perhaps he is better place where he is now than before?

But his case does pose an interesting question.? Do people drunk or brain damaged through either substance abuse or even dementia with reduced cognitive skills can realize they are dead?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Hi KANACKI, when a person dies and either stays in that area, which is neither in the physical world nor the spiritual world.

All aspects of the person's physical form (e.g., blindness, pack issues, issues impacting the physical brain) and indeed the physical world disappear, at the point the physical form dies (refer to additional detail below).

Firstly, from my passed life experiences, the process of “physical death” is a most wonderous feeling, as the "spiritual cord" that linked to our soul disconnects; at the same time the soul, which has protected the spirit, during the time an individual has been alive in a physical form, which was subject to the "Laws" of the physical world, including any physical or mental impairment, which may have occurred in the womb or during the physical lifetime.

However, as we die physically, the spirit is set free and being “pure energy” is free from any medical or other problem we may have had in the physical world.
That is, the spirit, whether it remains or passes over, contains only the experiences of the life the physical body had over its lifetime.

Hopefully the above helps KANACKI, but please let me know if you require further clarification.

For some reason, I do not feel myself today. LOL

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »
Hello Simon

Just for clarification. I gather the deceased does no feel pain or  mental or physical disability as such the physical body in life? And to some when one sees the ghost of that deceased sees the disabilities the deceased had in life? Such as physical injuries or impairments to mental contrive skills as being drunk or under the influence of drugs etc...?

Kanacki

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
I’m intrigued by the same question, Kanacki. Simon, would you say classical ghosts like the castle-haunting headless ladies are just great stories (since being headless is a physical affliction, rather)? Or maybe we are talking about imprints versus actual souls / spirits?

On the subject of the difference between soul and spirit, I’d welcome your thoughts on the below thread. GTD gave a cracking answer, I’d be interested in other comments too.
https://www.paranormal.com.au/public/index.php/topic,11449.msg163317.html#msg163317

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 11:33:21 PM »
Hello Violet

Thanks for the  very interesting link. It was really thought provoking. You posted some very interesting stuff I feel a little overwhelmed as I in myself cannot come to any definitive conclusion? I just do not know????

Reading the link to the thought provoking comments that the soul and spirit are two different things.

If I look at the definition of spirit in the context of the dictionary context below.

the non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
"we seek a harmony between body and spirit"
synonyms:   soul, psyche, inner self, inner being, essential being; More
the prevailing or typical quality, mood, or attitude of a person, group, or period of time.
"I hope the team will build on this spirit of confidence"
synonyms:   ethos, prevailing tendency, motivating force, animating principle, dominating characteristic, essence, quintessence; More

In the case of soul....

noun
noun: soul; plural noun: souls
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
a person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity.
"in the depths of her soul, she knew he would betray her"
synonyms:   spirit, psyche, (inner) self, innermost self, (inner) ego, inner being, true being, essential nature, animating principle, life force, vital force, inner man/woman; More
emotional or intellectual energy or intensity, especially as revealed in a work of art or an artistic performance.
"their interpretation lacked soul"
synonyms:   inspiration, feeling, emotion, passion, animation, intensity, fervour, ardour, enthusiasm, eagerness, warmth, energy, vitality, vivacity, spirit, spiritedness, commitment; More
black American culture or ethnic pride.
short for soul music.
the essence or embodiment of a specified quality.
"he was the soul of discretion"
synonyms:   embodiment, personification, incarnation, epitome, quintessence, essence; More
an individual person.
"I'll never tell a soul"
synonyms:   person, human being, individual, man, woman, man, woman, or child, human, being, living soul, mortal, creature, body
"there was not a soul in sight"
a person regarded with affection or pity.
"she's a nice old soul"

I suppose there is no right or wrong perhaps all in some ways as per the individual interpretation of themselves and a definition?

What remains behind in some cases after death? Perhaps its can be both or one or the other? Perhaps like what Simon mentioned trapped between the positive and negatives forces that separate life and death? The barrier or zone.  The soul or spirit combined conscious of reality or not. can be trapped in that zone. Or as some scientists say the E space between to universes. The Zone between Equal polarity.

While Garry is also correct is saying to some degree spirit and Soul is terms we use to describe our identity and self awareness.  Yet they physically do not exist.....

Another interesting Simon mention about people with physical and mental disabilities. For example thinking about it... Can you imagine  Worldwide we have 50 million people with Dementia. While most do not become ghosts even if they cannot perceive they have died? They pass over to over side unhindered and do not get stuck between universes of life and death.

Can you imagine 50 million ghosts with dementia. trying to microwave their dinners with the teller machine? Trying to withdraw money from microwave  :-)

Another thing many people died in terrible accidents, war and terrible trauma, murder and many do not become ghosts.

Why is it some deceased in various levels of awareness  become trapped between the void between life and death and others are only an unconscious memory of themselves trapped in the void.

Maybe things are a little more complex than our own perceptions..... or identity?

Another example if we see a headless ghost?  Is it the physical memory or as Violet said imprints, of the deceased prior on the point before death. Ie just after decapitation. Are we seeing the spirit or soul or just the imprint of that victim?

Maybe in our quest to seek these intriguing questions we need look deeper into the definition of what we determine is a ghost? Can a ghost be an unconscious memory in various forms of an individual and to the more extreme cases be a conscious  spirit?

Or is our perceptions influenced by age and in my case age related declining cognitive skills?

Thought provoking indeed and very intriguing....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
Hi Violet and KANACKI (you nearly did my head in with your last post LOL),

I think that we can all agree there are many definitions for the Soul and Spirit but, I feel, very little information on the concept of the "Spiritual Umbilical Cord", which attaches the physical with the spiritual parts that make up the Individual Human or other Physical Life-Form in this World.

(Confucius)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »
Hehe glad my head wasn’t the only one spinning after Kanacki’s post. Check out this thread, it gives some answers to our questions (and probably generates more questions):

https://www.paranormal.com.au/public/index.php/topic,546.0.html

The spiritual umbilical cord is a point of curiosity for me too Simon.

- Goethe

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy