Author Topic: The Ghostly stockman of Gargett Mackay QLD  (Read 3791 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Ghostly stockman of Gargett Mackay QLD
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:10:06 AM »
In the quiet rural lane ways of Cain Fields west of Mackay heading to cattle properties of the hinterland there is strange mystery mostly known to the locals Born and bread.

There is a story a ghostly stockman on a phantom horse who haunts the road around Gargett to Eungella.

The story goes that there was a huge storm in the region and a station boss told the hands to stay indoors, but the water started to rise and a stockman left the house  with his horse to muster the cattle to higher ground.

He was never seen again. Or so the legends says? Did he drown trying to rescue cattle? No one knows the grim fate of this stockmen?

Years later there has been strange sightings of ghostly stockman on horseback following them at night while driving, and even in a car they can't get away from him not matter how fast they drive. Some people say this ghostly apparition was the source of several fatal accidents along the country road.

The ghost always seems to haunt at night heading from Eungella to Gargett where the apparition seems to vanish from rear view mirror.

Was there any truth or verifiable history behind this alleged haunting?

Old Kanacki with one foot in the grave himself needed to find out more about this interesting ghost yarn?

To be continued....

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Ghostly stockman of Gargett Mackay QLD
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:31 PM »
Looking deeper into the story. I found the tragic story of the death of 48 years old man Clay Denman was riding across the flooded pioneer river with his horse where he was kicked by his horse and drowned in the flooded river. His brother was alleged tried to hold on to him in the swollen river and body was washed away some 5 miles west of Mackay. Details of his death can be read in the newspapers below. For those who cannot see picture I suggest you join up to see amazing things.

Of course we only have the word of this mans brother the true events. However it can be easy to see over time details of haunting can be changed by word of mouth.

Is Clay Denman the ghost rider?

We will perhaps never know for sure?

Alas sadly once again more questions and very few answers?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
We will perhaps never really know the real events leading to Clay Denman's death? Perhaps the haunting or spirits has some thing to tells before the restless spirit of clay to pass on?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »
Clay Denman, sounds like the stockman you would have when such flooding occurs.

Without any thought of his own safety Clay jumped on his horse with the purpose of trying to get all the cattle to area(s), which are above the flooded areas.

No doubt, after he was hit in the head by his horse and unable to be saved by his brother, Clay drowned.

Perhaps now, he is seeking assurance that the cattle were saved and he can move on to the spirit world.

Although the above is hypothetical in this case, it would not be unusual, given similar cases, where the spirit was able to be moved on after being told they were successful and he saved the cattle or something along this line.

The aim is to try and bring peace to the spirit so that it willingly moves on into the spiritual world.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:30:39 PM »
Hello Simon your most likely correct.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »
KANACKI, on second reading I have a conundrem, regarding the ghost of the Stockman and "his" horse, when the evidence did not say his horse died in the floods as well?

Given the flooding at the time, one or more horses may have also drowned, but there is no mention of this in the newspaper clipping, which adds to my curiosity.

My main reason is that both spirits (stockman and his horse) need to pass at the same time!!

Was there another stockman and his horse died during the same flooding, but this did not make the news?

what are your thoughts KANACKI?

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Hello Simon

Maybe we are assuming too much as a haunting a contactable spirit as such? Perhaps the aparition but a mini time slip of tragic event triggered under the right environmental condition.

What those under lying conditions are....of course is mystery?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
KANACKI, firstly apologies for my late reply, unfortunately I have been unable to login, but through Christine's great deal of help I am now in after a month of much "nail-biting" LOL

I have been given much thought to my original Post and the situation regarding the horse, might in fact be correct.

If we die and fail to crossover there is much conjecture as to how the spirit sees his or her surroundings.

We know that if they die in their home and fail or do not, want to crossover then they are in an environment, which existed when they died.

So, it may indeed be possible that the spirit of the Stockman, "creates" his environment, which included his horse, even though in the physical world, the horse lives.

Having been led by spirits / angels from their respective worlds, not to mention being fed information from my spirit, which resides in my current physical form, I am being fed data, to awaken what I knew as at my first physical incarnation.

The first information has been very minimal, small steps if you like, in order not to "upset" my physical brain, mind, etc., to assist me in finalising my journey.

But unfortunately, I am unable to see, what the end of the journey looks like in this physical form.

I know that the end of my journey is before my passing, but as to a date I cannot tell you.

It is, when you look at it, quite strange as my spirit has all the answers, why start now at the age of 67.

As I have said countless times that my life in this physical form has been predestined to the second and things occur at the planned timeline, which I have no control over.

I believe that the only other time I had greater spiritual knowledge, was when I was a Cathar, hence me being drawn to that lifetime to open some better dialogue between the physical and spiritual me.

I can only go on what I feel; it is a very strange time for me and sometimes very clouded.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 11:25:42 PM »
Hello Simon

There is some restless souls could not buy into main stream spirituality spoon fed from birth especially when witness to hypocrisies of Spiritual leaders more interested in control than enlightenment.

I AM like the guy in picture below I will always to some be to some a heretic a Cather in some way .....

Not a bad thing to be....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
KANACK, I had to increase the size of the photograph to follow the red arrow to the man not saluting. An unpleasant form of "Where's Wally". LOL

Your point, although brief, is most powerful; the Paranormal Site, which we are members of, provides a safe environment to expand either the members knowledge on the subject of what constitutes a Paranormal and/or assists those to expand their knowledge of the aspects of the Paranormal they believe they have and also learn other skills, which they never thought they had.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 03:55:32 AM »
Hello Simon

Many people will never achieves their potential in their great journey of life because of corrupted theology that inhibits independent thought.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
KANACKI, I quite agree with your observation.

I am currently doing the ground-work for two rather long-term projects, one is on the subject of individual journey's that are of the type as to, in fact, crossover more than one physical lifetime.

The other one is, for the time being, a personal one and would "do people’s heads in", by just reacting from the projects' subject matter. LOL

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
Hello Simon

Its is good to read your engaged with such projects. Why? Because every day of life is A privilege and living for every second doing some thing you feel is important to you body and soul and for the greater good of Mankind is legacy of a life well spent.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal