Author Topic: Ghost in the Creek Toowoomba QLD  (Read 2962 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Ghost in the Creek Toowoomba QLD
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »
First of all I like to thank I think from my poor memory Lightbrook? For bringing this story to my attention. Note if it was not Lightbrook then my apologies in Advance to person who fist mentioned it here?

I was reminded of this story the other day as it has become a world wide classic in the Paranormal.

A chilling image posted below you can see for yourself and make your own mind up.
A story has surfaced which claims to show the ghost of a young drowning victim. The spine-tingling photograph was posted on Facebook by Australian Kim Davison, but things began to get really spooky when it was revealed that a little girl died in the same spot 100 years ago.

Ms Davison, from Queensland, posted the image, which was taken in 2014,  It appears to show two women and four children swimming.However Ms Davison and Jessie Lu, the other adult in the photo, are adamant they were with only three children when the photo was taken at Murphy's Hole in Lockyer River, south-east Queensland.

For those guests wanting to see the photograph I suggest you join up. as you will see interesting picture of various haunted locations around the country.

for those who have the pictures are below.

to be cont....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
Re: Ghost in the Creek Toowoomba QLD
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »
Hi KANACKI unfortunately the object circled is too grainy for me to make a definitive call on whether it is an image of a spirit, but there is a brightness around it, which is not appearing around the physical adults and children.

The other thing, which was interesting and you quoted it in your Post was that the people did not notice the apparition.

I analysed the picture with a rather small magnifying glass, it is obvious that something is pictured and is also either being ignored or just a glare.

but is it a spirit, just a glare when the picture was taken, who knows; therefore KANACKI, I can't say yes or no.

Another great conundrum KANACKI.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:14 PM »
I have no photographic skills to make any determination. Yet I do find the story intriguing and very worthy of adding it to Australian Hauntings. I think in time the story as it passes into folklore will be come one of those Iconic ghost stories we hear in years to come.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:36:57 PM »
Hello KANACKI, I would certainly endorse the inclusion of this story in the "Australian Hauntings" section.

Apologies if you felt I was too negative, rather it is only my opinion Gary is the photographic expert and I am sure he may be able to add some light (no pun intended - LOL) to your pictures.

Irrespective, the Post should still be included in your "Library of Australian Hauntings".

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
Hello Simon

No apologies needed as your comments are always pertinent to the post in question. While we know with all these ghost stories are in some respects alleged hauntings. We know some have more deeper roots into cultural folklore than others, While there is some stories very intriguing indeed.... If not in this time and space with current theories, explainable events.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
KANACKI, I agree, that is why these stories of hauntings/folk lore, need to be recorded, so that future members, etc., firstly have a Reference Library of your very detailed works and secondly, with a larger and more detailed reference to add information and/or visit most sites to examine the physical area.

For me, if I was perhaps more physically capable and financially able, I would love to visit every one of your wonderful stories.

A great homage to the future KANACKI.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 11:07:02 PM »
I will toast to that!

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
KANACKI, you have and are still "drilling down" into the ghost / spirits, as and when you gain more information, something I believe enables me and others, who read your Posts can use to drill down on the spiritual side.

It is, in its nature, a circular, which either continues to widen then shrinks until it can be closed as we get to a stage of either acceptance that it truly is of a spiritual nature with the next step, requiring a visit to the site to delve more into whether or not the story can be confirmed as positive or negative.

The other action, which shrinks and closes a particular story, is that others physically test and confirm that there is no spirit and hopefully, provide the reason(s) for this finding.

(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal