Author Topic: The haunted Blackwood Hotel VIC  (Read 7470 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The haunted Blackwood Hotel VIC
« on: July 05, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »
Deep in heart of rural Victoria in the Golden triangle, there is a small mining village called Blackwood almost lost and forgotten in time. A reminder of old wild days of the Victorian Gold Rush.The the middle of this village is Blackwood Hotel that is allegedly haunted.

The hotel established in 1868 is the last remaining hotel that serviced miners on the Blackwood goldfields when some 13,000 miners populated the area. Reports tell of at least three ghosts; an old miner, Frederick a caretaker and Laura who apparently burnt to death on site. It is believed that during the gold rush period the cellar, like those of many hotels of the period. The hotel at one time was allegedly used as a temporary morgue during the mining days.

Was there any truth to these stories?

To be continued...

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The haunted Blackwood Hotel VIC
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »
One of the figures haunting Blackwood’s hotel is believed to be Laura Dalton, who tragically died in 1948.

She was using a petrol iron in the kitchen when it exploded. She died the following day of shock at Ballarat Base Hospital. She was 25 years old and left two young children Orphaned. The hotel owner and his wife was so incensed at the loss of their employee. They sold the hotel a year later to look after Laura Dalton's two young children.

Does the restless spirit of Laura still haunt the hotel? Perhaps mourning the loss of her children who moved away after death?

Just one of the mysteries of the old historic hotel.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
Another strange alleged haunting is of an old miner that the story goes was drinking at the hotel and was later found dead at his miners camp. Police arrested his wife for his murder. Their son would not testify against his mother.

Does the ghost of the dead miner still haunt the pub?

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
These old Pubs that are getting rarer each day, For those who are interested in vanishing parts of our history and have a great love of Folklore and the paranormal may want to pay a visit? A good day trip for Melbournites. And perhaps those like so inclined may well indeed encounter ghosts of our past.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
Another interesting tale KANACKI and you are certainly correct that possible "Heritage Sites" are, over the years, either demolished or left to fade away due to the onset of age.

KANACKI, can you confirm that each of the spirits passed at separate times?
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »
Hello Simon

Laura Dalton was the only confirmed death with in the pub although she latter died in hospital. The two others may be just stories connected to the pub. That alleged hauntings could be or not connected with the alleged characters connected with the pub.

Some times Hauntings are not all disembodied spirits but un erased memories from time and space.

Problem we have is peoples perception of ghosts are very narrow. Not all ghosts are spirits trapped between two worlds. Some are only memories, recordings  of events for one reason or another trapped in space and time.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »
Hi KANACKI, I think, given your sentence in the previous Post, ".... Some times Hauntings are not all disembodied spirits but un erased memories from time and space...", sounds more like the build-up of perhaps negative, or even positive, energy, which has been mistaken for a spirit or spirits, is probably correct, although a visit would certainly confirm if there is one or more spirits and or some segments are due to the build-up of the energy I mentioned above.

You are quite correct in relation to people who wrongly assume a spirit is present, when in fact it is the energy built up over-time.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »
Hello Simon

Most likely that is case in many locations that have suspected hauntings.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Hello KANACKI,

As I have said in past Posts of yours, physical visits would certainly be wonderful; to either confirm or find a different explanation, who knows!! LOL

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
Hello Simon

I would be a cold sterile world if we had the answers to everything? There would be nothing to wonder or marvel at.....

It is my hope after I have passed on these stories will pass on enthralling another generation to wonder what if.....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
KANACKI, you and I seem to be connected somehow; a past-life perhaps, who knows but I totally support your last sentence.

The next step is that all Posts you have written, are allocated to Future Members, who themselves, want to take the next steps for each of your Posts in the "Australian Hauntings Portal", that would benefit further analysis.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
Hello Simon

Perhaps I too was once a "Catarisme" in a pervious life?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 10:44:07 AM »
KANACKI, given my psychic picture of you, it is quite possible; your spirit certainly has some of the key qualities.

On your other Post regarding your health I will also attempt to make a spiritual connection with you as soon as possible and I am in a certain state.

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »
Hello Simon

Like any prefect the journey is on going to become the "pure one"

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
I think I have a long way to go in order to reach the pointy end of the wisest of all spirits, but I really do not want to come back here, but go to another world or have a role in the spirit world.

I definately would not make a good spirit guide as I would wind up "slapping the person to get them to move on with their journey". LOL

I am laughing as I was writing the above and probably will continue to laugh most of today. LOL

(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal