Author Topic: The Nowra Forest Spirit NSW  (Read 2233 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Nowra Forest Spirit NSW
« on: April 06, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
The Follow yarn is dedicated to Bronwyn in thanks for all her kind words of encouragement.

Nowra on the South Coast of Sydney has a strange ghost.or mischievous spirit. It stated in 1890 there was strange sighting of strange ghost lights shinning in forest near Canberrwarra mountain North of Nowra.

The following story of a strange encounter came from a 1892 newspaper story published in the

Shoalhaven Telegraph  Wednesday 29 June 1892, page 2 Titled...

STORY OF A REAL GHOST.

The newspaper is hard to read

The story comes from the days when Nowra was barely established cut from the virgin forest of the South coast.

In short the story tells of two men at night riding in horse and buggy late a night saw some strange lights in the forest near the Canberrwarra turnpike. The light was so strange it some how lured the mean to find out where the light was coming from/

As the came closer they discovered a strange a strange humming like a battery generator and a fire appearing to be floating with a tall beautiful women in white with slightest greenish hue if glowing. Se looked at the men as if in a trance and beckoned the men as they sat i buggy transfixed.

The old horse had enough of this strange site and bolted back to Nowra as fast as the horse could run pulling the buggy 2 men in tow. While one of the men held tightly onto the reigns, the other was transfixed in horror as this strange spirit lady smiling followed fly behind them.

The strange forest entity flying followed them through the to the outskirts of Nowra where to two terrified me told of their strange encounter. They was scared at first because it was such a strange tale to and at first they would not admit to what had terrified them. However later they both wrote down their accounts of their strange encounter.

Was it a hoax or a UFO Alien close encounter of the third Kind? A forest spirit? , A ghost? A demon? or like the virgin Mary apparition? What did they encounter?

But there is more?

To be continued...

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
Re: The Nowra Forest Spirit NSW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »
What is strange almost 100 years to the day in the same area William Kamm  around 1992 saw what he thought was a vision of the Virgin Mary. And he went through a sort of religious epiphany.

While at first he founded religious order with perhaps good intentions to became the Little Pebble. But soon the euphoria intoxicated him into a cult leader into a eventual pedophile. He served 9 years of a 10-year prison term after being convicted of the rape and assault of a teenager.

Was he influenced by this strange mischievous enmity that seems to haunt the forests of North Nowra and Cambewarra ? Was it the apparition he claimed to have seen God and the Virgin Mary in a Shining light? The 1892 sighting of a tall beautiful women floating in shining light like fire? That flew in pursuit of two terrific me in a horse and buggy?

Two fabricated storied linked by coincidence? Or some thing darker and perhaps more sinister?

Lurking in the forest of Cambewarra?

I as always leave those answer to you.

Kanacki

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 03:39:21 PM »
Thanks Kanacki for the story. Thats is where i have felt a weird energy.I have never seen anything  mind you.But over 18 years of living in the area i have been out that way a bit.Everynow & then i would feel something watching me & felt very uncomfortable. I would always leave the area as quick as possible.

Namaste Kanacki. As always enjoy the posts.
Everyone to their own..Namaste.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »
Hello Bronwyn as always its my pleasure.

it seems a long history of strange sighting down there. AS the local farmers experience strange lights in forest years before the strange 1892 report.

Was it a hoax ghost alien or some strange nature spirit I leave that for others to decide?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal