Author Topic: Can Anyone Make Sense Of This?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Crestfallen

• Newcomer
Can Anyone Make Sense Of This?
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »
Hello all!

Over the past couple of years I've started to sporadically experience paranormal events within my own, and other peoples', homes. I won't delve into too much detail, but I've seen an older woman in my house a number of times, a younger girl on three occasions at my own house and another house, and lastly, a masculine male figure/shadow whom gave off a violent presence at my bedroom door.

I am a 20 year old male in a family of five, and interestingly enough, only my father has experienced paranormal situations before. To my surprise, in a conversation about ghosts with my father, he told me of a time when he was extremely ill as a child where he remembers flying in circles above his sleeping body. But he doesn't think too much of it.

A few months passed, and a dear friend of mine wanted me to come with her to a psychic to try and contact her mother who recently passed. I went along, and was instantly told by the psychic that my entry brought about a significant amount of spiritual energy. I can't remember everything she said exactly, unfortunately. I then explained to her the sightings my father and I have encountered, and then, with little to no thought at all, I began to talk about and remember an invisible friend that I had when I was a child. The invisible friend was a child with bad sunburns. I could picture his face perfectly. The psychic then went on to tell me that children can't make up portraits of what their invisible friends looks like, and she explained that it was an older man who was making himself visible to me in a child form. The older man was in the room at the time, and the psychic wasn't sure why. I was told a number of other things, but that's for another time.

Following this conversation, I remembered a time when my mother couldn't wake me up from bed. It came to me randomly during conversation with the psychic (much like the memories of the invisible friend which I had completely forgotten about). I was a child when mum couldn't wake me up, and this was around the time that my experiences with the invisible friend (who was named Jewey may I add) were at their peak. I explained to the psychic how I remembered my mother, the docotor and myself in the room during the early hours of the day. And then that's when it hit me. How could I be seeing myself lying in bed? The psychic smiled after I pointed that out, and she explained that I had an out-of-body experience. She highlighted that I was most likely removed from my body and perceiving the world through the eyes of a spirit. She also explained that it can make you more spiritually aware.

Is it possible that my out-of-body experience is related to my ability to frequently see things?

Is there any significance between my father and I having out-of-body experiences at roughly the same age, and then going on to see things from our teenage years onwards?

Could Jewey, my invisible friend who was actually an older man disguised as a child, be involved in all of this?

Why did I remember all of this when I saw the psychic?

I haven't gone back to see the psychic, and I haven't talked about this with anyone besides my close friend and the psychic. And there's always the possibility that there is more to the story that I repressed as a child. I'm still trying to make sense of what this all means...

Just an additional note, over the past few weeks I've been frequently waking up in the middle of the night, in a panic, explaining that something is in the room with me and my girlfriend. I originally thought that they were nightmares, but this week alone it's happened three times. It's all clear to me what has happened at the time and what's in the room, but after my girlfriend calms me down, I tend to fall asleep and forget everything.

Thanks and sorry for the length.

-Y

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Can Anyone Make Sense Of This?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »
Hello all!

Over the past couple of years I've started to sporadically experience paranormal events within my own, and other peoples', homes. I won't delve into too much detail, but I've seen an older woman in my house a number of times, a younger girl on three occasions at my own house and another house, and lastly, a masculine male figure/shadow whom gave off a violent presence at my bedroom door.

I am a 20 year old male in a family of five, and interestingly enough, only my father has experienced paranormal situations before. To my surprise, in a conversation about ghosts with my father, he told me of a time when he was extremely ill as a child where he remembers flying in circles above his sleeping body. But he doesn't think too much of it.

Hi, Thanks for the post.  (Sometimes one's ability to experience things not of this plane can run in families. It isn't surprising that your father was able to experience things and now you can.)

A few months passed, and a dear friend of mine wanted me to come with her to a psychic to try and contact her mother who recently passed. I went along, and was instantly told by the psychic that my entry brought about a significant amount of spiritual energy. I can't remember everything she said exactly, unfortunately. I then explained to her the sightings my father and I have encountered, and then, with little to no thought at all, I began to talk about and remember an invisible friend that I had when I was a child. The invisible friend was a child with bad sunburns. I could picture his face perfectly. The psychic then went on to tell me that children can't make up portraits of what their invisible friends looks like, and she explained that it was an older man who was making himself visible to me in a child form. The older man was in the room at the time, and the psychic wasn't sure why. I was told a number of other things, but that's for another time.

(I always worry about mediums and psychics who attach a label such as a "large amount of physical energy" or gift or such things to people who visit them. I have known plenty who do it to drum up business. It's not a bad trick, people want to feel special and that seems to work for many. As for her saying children can't make up portraits of what their invisible friends look like. Honestly, what rubbish. Of course they can. In fact kids have great imaginations. I think of kids playing with toys in their own little worlds making up whole little kingdoms or play scenarios. To say they can't imagine or make up what someone looks like is frankly rubbish.)

Following this conversation, I remembered a time when my mother couldn't wake me up from bed. It came to me randomly during conversation with the psychic (much like the memories of the invisible friend which I had completely forgotten about). I was a child when mum couldn't wake me up, and this was around the time that my experiences with the invisible friend (who was named Jewey may I add) were at their peak. I explained to the psychic how I remembered my mother, the docotor and myself in the room during the early hours of the day. And then that's when it hit me. How could I be seeing myself lying in bed? The psychic smiled after I pointed that out, and she explained that I had an out-of-body experience. She highlighted that I was most likely removed from my body and perceiving the world through the eyes of a spirit. She also explained that it can make you more spiritually aware.

Is it possible that my out-of-body experience is related to my ability to frequently see things? (Maybe, or could be completely independent of it.)

Is there any significance between my father and I having out-of-body experiences at roughly the same age, and then going on to see things from our teenage years onwards? (Once again, maybe or it could be co-incidence.)

Could Jewey, my invisible friend who was actually an older man disguised as a child, be involved in all of this? (Possibly. I always get concerned about adult ghosts manifesting as children. That is deceptive and generally not a positive thing or a good sign.)

Why did I remember all of this when I saw the psychic? (WHen one visits a psychic or a medium- or plays with tarot cards or any of these things- we are sending out a vibe we are open to receiving (at least on some level) information. I think this is the likely explanation in your case.)

I haven't gone back to see the psychic, and I haven't talked about this with anyone besides my close friend and the psychic. And there's always the possibility that there is more to the story that I repressed as a child. I'm still trying to make sense of what this all means...

Just an additional note, over the past few weeks I've been frequently waking up in the middle of the night, in a panic, explaining that something is in the room with me and my girlfriend. I originally thought that they were nightmares, but this week alone it's happened three times. It's all clear to me what has happened at the time and what's in the room, but after my girlfriend calms me down, I tend to fall asleep and forget everything.

Thanks and sorry for the length.

-Y

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:16:20 PM »
Hi crestfallen.I have a few out body experiences not loads & a while ago now.I am not sure if your out of body experience triggered your physic awareness but it would've made you more receptive.Thankyou for sharing your story.Some "dreams" are actual memories that are trying to surface,well in my experience. Some aren't though ,you should try having pen &  paper nearby to write down your emotion felt in the dream & what you remember.It may help.I am not sure why a older spirit man would appear as a child,it sounds a little odd to me.My first reaction to reading that is what is he hiding or why is he needing a child's face to make him more appealing?interesting experiences though Crestfallen  :)
Everyone to their own..Namaste.

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »
Thanks for telling us about your experiences Crestfallen.

With respect, my feeling is your identity is forming and my sense of you at this time is of pliancy, delicate in some ways. You're young and you might be searching for ways to define yourself.

I think it would be helpful to look for internal ways to ground and protect yourself. Turn inwards for your strength. What do you love to do? Focus on doing this and your strength will grow.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal