Author Topic: seeking answers  (Read 11668 times)

Offline iPerth

• Newcomer
Re: seeking answers
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
I feel like there is a woman, maybe mid thirties wandering about that room occasionally

funny you should say that. check out this news clip on the place, there is a reference to the ghost of a woman who is seen wandering about the asylum grounds. that's also the woman I was referring to earlier in the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m86-FpcdbU

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 04:43:38 PM »
iPerth, thank you for the video.

The place sounds both sad and interesting at the same time.

I would really love to visit the Art Centre at some time in the future. We have friends over in Perth, so it is not out of the question to take a short holiday in WA and go to Fremantle.

Thank you very much for sharing the video with us.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline iPerth

• Newcomer
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »
also take a look at this video from a old documentary if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0WvMg6q6V8

it was made back in the 80's. back then it was fremantle museum. it also tells the story of the lady in black and a interview with a man who saw the apparition of another woman on the same staircase and another interview of a woman who used to work there and the feelings of agitation that people would experience. it's changed a lot though, there was a old cell that they used to keep the insane people in that they used to have open for the public. you could go inside, but they had to chain the door open because it would un-expectedly slam shut and people would get locked in. they ended up removing the door itself eventually and the cell has now been walled off completely. people who worked there at the time said some visitors would start to feel nervous and fidgety and even panic when they went in there.

it's a very active place and well worth the visit if you get the chance to go.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »
Watched the video iPerth and it seems like there would be a lot of energy invoking, sadness, anger, frustration, etc.

Next time I am in Perth I would love to visit the museum, as I can pickup the energy present and also if their are any spirits at the time of my visit.

Sounds like the women needs help to move on and hopefully reunited with her daughter.

I feel a great sense of sadness.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline iPerth

• Newcomer
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »
just another little update as it's been a while since I've been on.

I continue to feel the presence of my stepfather about the house as I described earlier. he's now been gone almost 3 years. a few months back the smell of cigarette smoke filled the front room (he was a smoker and used to sit at his desk and read often in there, smoking) even though my mother and I don't smoke. it was the first and only time it's happened.

I visited the fremantle prison for a function recently that was held at night (we left the prison very late, 11.30pm). the tour was pretty un eventful but when we were taken to the gallows and into the room with the trapdoor and pit, I could feel pressure around my neck that felt like I was being weakly strangled/choked or a noose being tightened around my neck. upon talking to other people in the group, I was not the only one that felt it. a few people couldn't bring themselves to even enter the room.

our function was held in the commissariat that was later used as a morgue.

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »
Re the gallows pic, what a terrible room.

Is there any event coming or happening that might have drawn your stepfather's presence? Reading these boards, it seems something like a new baby or a stressful time or an anniversary can be a trigger. Just as some events emphasise our connections with people in life.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline iPerth

• Newcomer
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »
nothing that comes to mind really. no pregnancies that I know of either. the presence of him being about the place is there but not as strong as it has been in the past.

fremantle prison is a very un-easy place. it was operating from the 1850's right up until 1991. it's considered to be australia's harshest prison. there wasn't even plumbing in the cells and prisoners where expected to go to the toilet in buckets - right up until it closed. the cell block is 4 stories high and built like the inside of a ship, so suicide nets (which are more like chain link fences) where installed on the first floor but didn't do much to prevent deaths. about 60 people where hung there - only 1 of them was female and floggings were normal up until the 80's and where abolished in WA with the death penalty. it was amazing that the prison was still operating similar to how it was in the convict days when it was closed.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
A terrible place iPerth and one which may have some very angry and mad spirits, given its history.

(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 11:26:54 PM »
That gallows room is particularly awful isn't it. With regards to your stepfather, has he been around constantly over the past 3 years since he passed or only occasionally?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
Strange thing just happened when I looked at the gallows picture again; I feel that I am being chocked, with pressure just below my Adams Apple.

First time this has happened; go figure; better try and block the picture as the choking sensation is still with me.

Something new for me and it's not even Christmas yet. (LOL).

(Confucius)

Offline iPerth

• Newcomer
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 02:01:51 AM »
That gallows room is particularly awful isn't it. With regards to your stepfather, has he been around constantly over the past 3 years since he passed or only occasionally?

not all the time, just sometimes. it's become less frequent over the past 6 months or so. his ashes are in the house as were his wishes - not that I think it would have much to do with anything.

funnily enough "always with us" is engraved on the wooden box his remains are in and I don't know who picked those words - I don't think my mum did. maybe he's just being true to them?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »
I worry when someone hangs around all the time, it's not healthy for the person nor those left behind. Have you tried telling him you guys are ok and he can go?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal