Author Topic: Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour  (Read 33928 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« on: June 08, 2005, 02:57:30 PM »
Adelaide Gaol
Do you believe in ghosts?  A Ghost Tour by torchlight or lamplight will give you a  fascinating insight into the numerous sightings of ghostly figures and movements around the gaol.  Ghost Tours are not suitable for under 15 year olds. Night and ghost tours $15 per person includes complimentary visit to Gaol during daylight hours.

Sleep-overs are available for groups of 15 to 45 people.  You stay in genuine prisoner dormitory accommodation with adjacent cooking and dining facilities.  You are also welcome to use our gas BBQ and enjoy outdoor eating within the perimeters of the Gaol.  A free night tour of the gaol is included in the cost.  
For further information and bookings phone 08 8231 4062 http://www.adelaidegaol.org.au

Has anyone done this tour?  I have it on my to-do list and would love to hear what others though of it.

Christine

18 Gaol Road Thebarton South Australia 5031
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline natalia

• Initiate
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:26:45 PM »
i have not yet done this tour but i have been interested in doing so.. just have to find someone to come with me!

Offline princessarra

• Centurion
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
I haqve not been on that tour or been therfe but someone i know went there for some sort of function (gothic ball i think it was) and they said they felt decidedly uncomfortable in there.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
Maybe you two could go together?

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline princessarra

• Centurion
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »
Been seriously toying with the idea but since he has turned fundamentalist catholic i think it's off the cards.

Offline snicker

• Centurion
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »
I park outside the old gaol when I'm in a bad mood and I need somewhere to go :P I'm such a stalker. Never had the time to go in though, or anyone to go with!!
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/sniknakh/Snicker_lovespam.jpg[/img]

Offline princessarra

• Centurion
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:55:10 PM »
Cool....... Im sure we could come to some arrangement  :wink:  :wink:

Offline Alison - PFI

• Newcomer
Re: Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
Couldnt help wading in on this one lol.
I am actually one of the Ghost Tour Guides for the Gaol.  We officially investigated it for 6 years and part way through were asked if we would be happy to give the tours.  Because we had been given such free reign with the Gaol, we agreed to do anything that helps the Gaol. 
Sadly though, the government department that runs it took away all night functions and sleepovers :(   
We are working at getting them reinstated.  They have said that the sleepovers are off for good, but there is a possibility that the ghost tours will be back, which is good news as people really enjoyed them and we thoroughly enjoyed taking them. 
It is a great place, which we became very fond and protective of.  If you can get there by all means go, it is a marvellous place.
Also if anybody is in Adelaide on 9th March, they are having a 20th anniversary day.  PFI have been asked to set up a booth there so we can chat to people about the ghosts there and show footage and photos etc. If you can make it come and say hi :)

Offline crapola

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »
my friend & i went to the gaol last thursday and did a self-guided tour. we're both very interested in doing a ghost tour when they return. we'd also like to do a sleepover, but i guess thats not going to happen now.
wherever you find me, thats where i am!

Offline Alison - PFI

• Newcomer
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
The good news is that the tours are back up and running.  The government department that owns it have given the all clear and they have now been running since November last year. :)

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
You must be very happy with that news!

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline kerrinda

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »
We have now done the Ghost Tour twice and enjoyed it both times.
The second time was with the paranormal group which made it of more interest.
As advised on both tours i snapped away with and with out flash, curious what i'd get, not really expecting anything. Well i was wrong, and for some inexplicable reason i found i was taking shots of the same thing while still standing in the same spot. That proved interesting.
Our next visit will be on a new moon in the middle of winter. 

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
and for some inexplicable reason i found i was taking shots of the same thing while still standing in the same spot. That proved interesting.

Hi Kerrinda, were you taking a photo of anything in particular when that happened?

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Janelle

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
Hi
Does anyone know if the Gaol has reinstated the sleep overs?  I have 4 other people who are interesting as well

Thanks

Offline Alison - PFI

• Newcomer
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
Hi Janelle,

Sadly at this stage the sleepovers have no sign of being reinstated.  Apparently this is for safety reasons.  The DEH who run it are starting to put money into the Gaol to upgrade it and make it safer for visitors, so who knows down the track.  I will certainly let you know if they are ever brought back :)

And Kerrinda, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the tours.  If you ever come back and are on one of my tours, make yourself known :)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal