Author Topic: Rose Quartz  (Read 16063 times)

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
Rose Quartz
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »
I recently bought some rose quartz for the first time about a week ago. Last Friday (on impulse) I decided to place it near my pillow to find both that night and last night I either dreamed more ... or remembered my dreams. I rarely remember dreams unless they have special significance so it's a big change for me.

My curiosity got the better of me and I just Googled rose quartz and dreams ... there's quite a bit on the web which is best summed up with "Rose quartz can also be helpful for dream recall and dream work."

I think discovering something like on the web afterwards supports the usefulness and individual character of the crystals and stones... and to think just a few months ago I thought they were "just pretty" LOL ;D

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Rose Quartz
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »
It's  quite a discovery isn't it.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
Definitely :D

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:46:42 PM »
What a validating sequence of discovery. I think I'll try rose quartz pillowside too.

Were the dreams of a particular character or tone Roma? I wonder if the crystal influences the nature of the dreams.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:00:41 PM »
I have to get my act together and put a pen and paper next to my bed. I forget very quickly but I know my mood was good on awakening both times so there can't have been anything negative or strange.

The rose quartz also seems to have a lovely mood for sleeping near in general :)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »
Roma, thank you for the information about the Rose Quartz and dream retention.

I currently have them under beds to reduce stress and invoke a calming emotional state.

I can't wait to test them out for dreams. I generally remember my dreams, but I would like too test out a theory I have about altered consciousness in dream-states and maybe the Rose Quartz can help with this.

I am looking to dreams to answer a very important question I have about myself. I have come close in the past, but last night I came a step closer in understanding a connection I have with another "place", beyond this world.

It is really only in my dream-state that I can alter where I am. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it is like I can transcend time and space and see this other world.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 01:49:32 PM »
Makes perfect sense.  I often work in another world-like place when my body s asleep.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »
Roma, thank you for the information about the Rose Quartz and dream retention.

I currently have them under beds to reduce stress and invoke a calming emotional state.

> Yes they're wonderfully calming for sleep aren't they :)

I can't wait to test them out for dreams. I generally remember my dreams, but I would like too test out a theory I have about altered consciousness in dream-states and maybe the Rose Quartz can help with this.

> Good luck :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
I think the whole basis of dream state is to transport us to that other place.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
Which is a better reflection of our true selves, reality or who we are in our dream state?

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »
Reality is meant to be a reflection of our true selves and in that lies the test we are to pass.
Douglas Adams

Offline Spier

• Inductee
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:56 AM »
Its weird i almost rarely dream and when i do i never remember, would be interesting finding out whats rattling around up there.
In the end all we can do is walk the path and learn and live along the way.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »
I was exactly the same Spier. I very rarely remembered dreams.

Offline Spier

• Inductee
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
I wonder why that is? maybe something to do with the subconscious stopping the conscience part of the brain from doing damage to itself from the images perceived in dreams?
In the end all we can do is walk the path and learn and live along the way.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
I have very vivid dream recall, they are just like reality for me.
I get messages and info all the time, some are abstract and need to be deciphered, others are very clear.
When I went on a holiday to moonta SA with Christine and Lotsa, I dreamed that
I was involved with a miners strike.    Had the details all very clearly.   I even woke in the night to hear heavy machinery pounding, it was so loud it kept me awake for quite some time.   I thought it was bull(sorry we don't allow swearing on the forum)e that the council permitted this sort of noise to be made at night.

Turns out the pounding went 24/7 in Moonta.......back in the 1800's.   Not anymore though.   It was an ore crusher!

There was a miners strike and it went down pretty much as I described it too.

Remember that Lotsa? C?

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal