Author Topic: Daylesford Convent Tours 2013  (Read 16087 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Daylesford Convent Tours 2013
« on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:45 PM »
Ghost Tours!

The Convent, home to some of Daylesford's oldest history. Once a castle for the gold commisioner. Then home to Nuns and also a boarding school.

More than 140 years of history have impregnated the walls of this magnificent 19th century mansion, once a castle for the Gold Commissioner. Walk with us as we explore The Convent by night and hear the tales of a bygone era and what tales it has to tell! Tread in the paths of the Nuns who lived here for more than 80 years, some of whom still remain behind overseeing their home. As the mist rolls over The Convent, we begin our lamp lit journey into the world of the unknown, of those who are still earthbound.

Bookings are essential and numbers are limited!
Led by Spookspotters Paranormal Research Team of Paranormal Australia and The Convent.

2013 TOUR DATES:

Sat 30th March 7.45pm
Sat 27th April 6.45pm
Sat 25th May 6.45pm
Sat 29th June 6.45pm
Sat 27th July 6.45pm
Sat 31st Aug 6.45pm
Sat 28th Sept 6.45pm
Sat 26th Oct 7.45pm
Sat 23rd Nov 7.45pm
Fri 13th Dec 7.45pm

Please call (03) 5348 3211 or email info@theconvent.com.au for more information! Ghost tour numbers are limited and will sell fast.
If you have a group of 14+ people please contact The Convent as private tours are possible.

TOUR PRICES:
$45 per person with wine on arrival and coffee at the end of the tour.

Before booking, please be aware participants should be over 16 and that the ghost tour spans four floors of stairs within The Convent.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline MadMatty

• Centurion
    • matthewbarker
Re: Daylesford Convent Tours 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »
The Convent Gallery is a brilliant ghost tour. Only time (so far) that we've experienced paranormal activity. Will you guys be doing any investigation tours anywhere in the near future?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
We have no investigation tours planned at this stage.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
Can anyone please tell me if the ghost tours are still happening? Hoping to be in this part of the state next month and if the timing is right I'm hoping I can con hubby into staying a night in Daylesford!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:29:49 AM »
I am taking a year off the tours. I started a new business and uni this year and thought I should not stretch myself too far. I may be able to meet you there and give yo a private tour though if you can give me a date well in advance.
Douglas Adams

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »
Thanks Christine, that's perfectly understandable, you've got a lot going on! It will be some time within the last 2 weeks of June. Our son and his girlfriend are coming away with us now, so there's 2 more bosses to arrange time off with, and looks like we will be staying in either Castlemaine or Maryborough, so will be travelling to Daylesford for a day/evening trip only. How much notice time in advance would you need? Like if I can let you know in the first week of June would that be enough time? Thanks for the very kind offer. x

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
I'd need 4-5 days but they close at 4pm.
Douglas Adams

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »
Thank you Christine :) Still working out some final arrangements re work. And now daughter has decided she's interested in a holiday (at her parents expense of course ;) ) so now there's another boss to check with....  But likely to be up there the week starting Mon 16th June.

So with the closing time of 4pm, are you wanting to show us through before 4pm, or after 4pm? And how much per person? If our daughter comes there will be 3 of us to show through. The males in our family aren't so inclined.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
I'd have to check with Tina who owns the place to see if they will be there after hours or if we would have to come during opening times.

The date seems ok for me right now but I am expecting some news later this week or next week that might change that. So I will have to let you know.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 09:12:14 AM »
I love convents, even the spirits are quiet, most of the time.LOL
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
I love them too.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
I'd have to check with Tina who owns the place to see if they will be there after hours or if we would have to come during opening times.

The date seems ok for me right now but I am expecting some news later this week or next week that might change that. So I will have to let you know.

Sorry to be a pain Christine but I reckon it's just easier to wait til the tours are up and running again next year or the year after or whenever you feel ready to start up again. It's proving hard to coordinate everyone and their bosses. Our daughter won't even be sure which days she will be able to join us, if at all, until a few days prior. (And she would be disappointed if we did the tour without her.) And our sons girlfriend has just had the amount of time she requested rejected, and had to re-jig what days she can come. And this has to match in with our sons work, and also our own... oh it was SOOOOO much easier when they were little and still in school and all we had to do was chuck 'em in the car and go..!!

Still thinking we will head down and check out Daylsford the township though.  I've never been there, and my husband hasn't been there since he was about 10yrs old. I reckon A LOT has probably changed in 40yrs!! ;)

Thank you again though for your really kind offer.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:28 AM »
Daylesford is great. It's still worth going to see the Convent Gallery. They charge $5 entry but it's worth it. You can see The Gallery, eat scones in the Cafe (they are SERIOUSLY good) and you can wander all over the building.
It's a shame I won't get to meet you.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal