Author Topic: Predicting Ones Own Death  (Read 25675 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Predicting Ones Own Death
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
Christine, I am not going to apologise for using the term as an all encompassing "word".

My Sabbatical was to decide to be a part of the Group or leave, given there were a lot of negative energy aimed in my direction, for which I was always saying sorry as a conciliatory method.

I believe that I am aloud a voice, even when it is at variance to others.

As it stands, I have yet to make up my mind.

Please let me know in the interim if you feel it would be better, for the group dynamic, if I did not return, you have my email address, if you so desire.

Hi Simon,

Firstly I don't expect an apology and nor do I believe does anyone. I simply wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't point out that the terminology you are using was incorrect. I know many teams, psychics,mediums etc fight to be understood and accepted as professional etc in a world too easy to dismiss such people. I try where I can to improve public perception of this profession, for want of a better word. Helping people to be taken seriously is part of that, thus my comments on the terminology being incorrect. But hey, if you want to use it, knock yourself out. I don't feel the need to say sorry for my mission and nor should you for using the terminology you have adopted.

The fact is the subject matter of the forum kind of means in itself that opinions will vary, voices will be both loud and soft and there is no way to prove either side of a case for or against anything. Often only personal experiences etc can help guide the way. To be on any forum such as this I feel there must be a desire to listen, question and learn. This doesn't suit everyone of course.

The decision to stay or go is entirely yours. We have no wish for you to decide to stay or leave. We love sharing everyone's journey on the forum and believe it adds to the richness of the forum. You are a part of that now also. But once again, the decision is yours entirely.

Re your comments re the negative energy. I have many things to say about this but I fear it would get rather boring. I will condense it.

My experience on the board is that people will generally get back what they put out, and I am speaking on a universal level here. SO overall. Often because of the internet not being a person to person physical experience we lack verbal intonation, body language cues etc. So how one reads what is written is often not what the writer intended.

For example. The truth  of the matter is I hate fish. Ask anyone. They will tell you this is true. I have a real phobia. So read this statement "I love fish". Now if you read it the way the words write, not knowing I had a phobia, you would think I loved fish. But if you knew me, had met me would know IF I were to say this it would be with a high level of sarcasm and inflection in my voice perhaps something like "I looooooove feesh" with the loooove going down in tone. The words are the same but the meaning is  altogether different.

One of the other things I wish to say is that we do have a reasonably high level of psychic protection on the forum and have refined it over years. This is one of the few places online, especially of this nature (being the paranormal) that you will not find cattiness, fighting and bickering.

Sometimes we have newbies come along and are out of their depth in more ways than one. That's fine too. We all started as novices here. But it is important for everyone to know the way the forum protections are set up is that if you are sending out EITHER KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY- negative energies, are under the influences of negative entities or are cording people without their knowledge, whatever it is you sent out will bounce back at you. Likewise, when you send out love and healing etc, that comes back to you also. I know we have had more than a few people on here who say we saved their lives, they were listened to and accepted. Some were suicidal, some just came to be in a place where they could feel good. Perhaps not finding it in their day to day lives.We seemed to fill that gap for them. Once again, all about what they were actually putting out on a subconscious or psychic level.

This has in turn caused some people to examine what they were actually doing psychically. Were they a psychic vampire for example, and not realised it? Did their unconscious attempt at cording someone come back and have an affect on them etc.... All things the forum can help someone to realise and learn about, for those wishing to take that journey.

I have more to say but must pack up work so will go home and get back online.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
May I say that I would like you to stay with the group Simon, and be your interesting and individual voice.

There is a lot of dignity in being generous and conciliatory. But here, there's no need to say sorry for having a thoughtful, genuine point of view that's different from someone else's.

Everyone in our core community participates as a learner, and a teacher. Where you find disagreement, there may be an opportunity to teach someone or to learn something for yourself, or both. Thanks for what I've already learned from you.

Sensitive people are affected by strong opinions. I am. I know though, that I'm accepted here (even when no-one will admit I'm right :D), and if you stay, you will feel confident of that too. It's a gift I would like you to have, the gift of people who value you enough to be curious about you, to challenge you, at the same time embracing who you are.

You're awesome Violet xx
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
LOL Violet....I have strong opinions and I voice them, I would never tell someone to leave because they disagree with me...basically though, it will come down to whether or not you feel comfortale here and only you can decide that. 

I do not have negative feelings towards anyone unless of course they a foolish enough to try to attack me.

Simon2 I find you certainly raise some interesting topics and that's a good thing,  but you have to expect us to disagree if we feel you are wrong as I'm sure you would do if you felt strongly about something.

No one here expects you to keep saying your sorry by the way.

One of the reasons you are so good at dealing with ghosts etc CE, is that you are not afraid to stand up and be heard. You are more well read than most people I know in this field and I am speaking about people who earn their living from it internationally. YOu back that up with real life experience. You are out in the trenches doing this stuff every day. People know where they stand with you and you accept that people will often have differing opinions and that's ok too. You aren't shy to ask the questions some of the newer people might not be comfortable asking. I couldn't run this place without you.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
Goodness!   For once I really don't know what to say!  (write that down people)

Thank you Christine,  I consider myself blessed having you for a friend.    Infact I conceder the forum members as friends also and I am grateful for the chance to be here.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
Christine, I agree about the importance of terminology and will not use a "broad-brush" approach when discussing matters in future, but if I do then I hope you will pull me up.

I have decided to stay as I am learning so much and hopefully giving something to the Group and it's members.

I was very humbled by the posts of Violet and Catseyes as well and agree that you have an "overarching" role as administrator to ensure valid use of words, subject matter, etc., is maintained.

After all, that was part of my role in the business world.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
I am glad you decided to stay Simon.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »
Christine it's very interesting what you said about the protections on this forum. This online space is very peaceful when you compare it to the average Facebook group. I've seen some really nasty stuff in such groups unfortunately. Whatever you're doing it's certainly creating a really lovely atmosphere to share in so thank you for taking that care 

:)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
Thanks Roma. We had issues a few years ago but we worked on them and sorted it out. The system we have works well now. Most nasties just vanish on their own but if they post something offensive we clean it up. We are lucky to have this space I think.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
I'm glad you decided to stay too Simon.

ce your feistiest voice always has warmth and I agree, you often say what needs to be said.

Christine, this space you've created, nurtured, protected is somewhere we can be awesome. Thank you. You inspire me.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Georgous Granny

• On Probation
  • Junior Contributor
  • non timebo mala
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 12:00:11 AM »
Simon2, yes I do know year and date. thank you for your input Christine, catseyes and violet. yes I've many more similar to that, but that one has taken the cake for me.
"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »
Simon i just to want add that i have enjoyed you're input & totally agree with Christine that words on a screen can be misconstrued. whenever something raises my hackles both online & in real life i like to take a step back and look at the intent, i believe there's a lot of strength in letting things go. of course sometimes you have to stand your ground
vive la difference i say.
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »
I think you found this place for a good reason, Simon. 

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »
Christine yes I think we're all lucky to have this space too :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »
Simon i just to want add that i have enjoyed you're input & totally agree with Christine that words on a screen can be misconstrued. whenever something raises my hackles both online & in real life i like to take a step back and look at the intent, i believe there's a lot of strength in letting things go. of course sometimes you have to stand your ground
vive la difference i say.

This is so true Baggy. I know years ago I used to get so upset over what people wrote on forums etc, you may even remember some of it. I have learned to sit back and tell myself, this person has no reason to want to hurt me. That has allowed me to give more people the benefit of the doubt and read their words differently.
Douglas Adams

Offline High Priestess

• Centurion
  • Somewhere is a place I belong
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
Everything that happens
 and everything that befalls us has a meaning,
But it is often difficult to recognize it.
Also in the book of life every page has two sides:
We human beings fill the upper side with our plans, hopes, and wishes,
But Providence writes on the other side,
And what it ordains is seldom our goal.

Nisami
Life is simple..........
It's people that make it hard.

C Ferris

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal