Author Topic: Predicting Ones Own Death  (Read 25864 times)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
Re: Predicting Ones Own Death
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »
Christine I agree with what you say, especially where you say that some spirits "retire" and never come back, for whatever reason.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »
ROFLMAO

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »
Hi Roma, I believe with a terminal illness that the battle can been lost.  One can fight until the end, yes, and then move on, but only because they cannot fight any longer and the illness has actually won the battle.  Yes, I agree, the families suffer.  I watched my father battle so hard, he would not give in or give up.  He fought and fought to stay with us.  It was sadly a relief when he moved on.  He was a determined spirit who never gave in to any pitfalls during life also.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »
Hi Colleen I've also had a loved one die after a long battle with life threatening illness. I agree you do feel a large element of relief at the time of their death.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
Relief and greaving over the loss of a loved one can sometimes go hand-in-hand.

Relief that they no longer suffer and grief that they have gone from our physical world.

Also, sometimes other changes can occur within the family dynamic. This has happened with my older sister and I, where our bond has been strengthened.

The change started when I visited my sister and her husband, prior to his death. We have, for some time lived in separate States; I in NSW and my 2 sisters and brother in Victoria, where I was also raised.

We are indeed an odd couple, as my sister is a "born again christian" and I am a Paranormal. I only told my remaining siblings on the 50th anniversary of when my Paranormal skills evolved (I always follow my heart in matters such as these).

However, our love and respect for each other has grown strong and true.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
You aren't a paranormal Simon. You believe in the paranormal. When you say you are a paranormal, it feels like you mean you are other than normal. To the many people in the world who are psychics and mediums etc who live with this every day, it is normal. We spend our lives being told we are not normal and the word paranormal (the way you say you are one, an adjective) seems to promote this idea.

Definition of paranormal:
Adjective
Denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.

So you may be an empath (noun), a starseed (noun) , a healer (noun), a medium (noun), a sensitive (noun), a psychic (noun) but sorry my friend you cannot be a paranormal either grammatically or without the possibility of causing offence (see above).

You can be a paranormal enthusiastic, a paranormal fan, a paranormal admirer, a paranormal critic, even a paranormal zealot if you wish.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »
I don't want to upset you Simon, but it's driving me nuts! ARGH
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Georgous Granny

• On Probation
  • Junior Contributor
  • non timebo mala
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »
I had this experience and would like to share with you all, I hope u find it interesting. It occurred on my birthday in December.
"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
Wow. Just ending up on a place, not travelling there is how astral travel happens.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
That is really interesting GG.  Have you had anything like that since? 

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »
Wow GG.  Amazing.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »
Christine, I am not going to apologise for using the term as an all encompassing "word".

My Sabbatical was to decide to be a part of the Group or leave, given there were a lot of negative energy aimed in my direction, for which I was always saying sorry as a conciliatory method.

I believe that I am aloud a voice, even when it is at variance to others.

As it stands, I have yet to make up my mind.

Please let me know in the interim if you feel it would be better, for the group dynamic, if I did not return, you have my email address, if you so desire.

(Confucius)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
May I say that I would like you to stay with the group Simon, and be your interesting and individual voice.

There is a lot of dignity in being generous and conciliatory. But here, there's no need to say sorry for having a thoughtful, genuine point of view that's different from someone else's.

Everyone in our core community participates as a learner, and a teacher. Where you find disagreement, there may be an opportunity to teach someone or to learn something for yourself, or both. Thanks for what I've already learned from you.

Sensitive people are affected by strong opinions. I am. I know though, that I'm accepted here (even when no-one will admit I'm right :D), and if you stay, you will feel confident of that too. It's a gift I would like you to have, the gift of people who value you enough to be curious about you, to challenge you, at the same time embracing who you are.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
LOL Violet....I have strong opinions and I voice them, I would never tell someone to leave because they disagree with me...basically though, it will come down to whether or not you feel comfortale here and only you can decide that. 

I do not have negative feelings towards anyone unless of course they a foolish enough to try to attack me.

Simon2 I find you certainly raise some interesting topics and that's a good thing,  but you have to expect us to disagree if we feel you are wrong as I'm sure you would do if you felt strongly about something.

No one here expects you to keep saying your sorry by the way.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
Violet and Catseyes, thank you for your support and also, the lesson in humility.

I would most certainly like to stay as I have acquired more knowledge in 2 months than in 50 years.

Just had to clear the air a bit and yes, I am always open to criticism as I feel like a 6th Grader trying to do a University Degree.

Time is my only enemy at the moment and as each day slips by I am still no closer to finding my very own "Holy Grail".

(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy