Author Topic: Gledeswood Homestead  (Read 11448 times)

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
Gledeswood Homestead
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »
The Cyrstal Shp at Camden is now running tours of Gledswood Homestead. From their facebook page:

"Dinner With Spirit
Come and enjoy a Candlelight Dinner by the fireplace at Gledeswood Homestead on the 16th of June 7.30pm. Cost is $100 this includes a 3 course meal and a free glass of wine on arrival. Psychic Mediums will roam the room and give readings to guests during and after dinner. Only 20 tickets left. This is not an event to miss. To book, call the Crystal shop."

They are now holding regular tours which is great for the area after the demise of the Picton ghost tours and Studley Park tours. Not all tours are as expensive as above. Im going to book into one in the next few months. Anyone been on this tour? Ill give a full report when I go. :-)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Gledeswood Homestead
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
We'll be interested in hearing what you think.

I don't know anyone who has done the tour.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
I have booked this tour for October 19. I have also booked a reading for the 18th of October at the Crystal Shop , Camden. I'll let you know how they go!

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »
Im off on the tour tonight, so ill let you guys know what it's like.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Awesome!!
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
    The tour was really good! We met at 7.45pm and the tour started at 8pm. The tour was run by a Psychic  Medium named Joanne from the Crystal shop at Camden. The tour ran through till about 10pm when a light supper was provided. The tour guide provided us with a brief history of the house and of its claimed inhabitants (the dead ones :-) ). We went to 3 different locations around the property which included the tea room, the main homestead, and the pet cemetary.
    There were a few noticable  cold spots in the main house, especially in one particular corner where it is claimed a murder took place. This is one spot in the house that I could not stand for too long without feeling really uneasy, even though there were other people around me. Another experience we had, was that a light shade hanging from the ceiling starting moving by itself, which I also captured on video. I will try and upload it here. I will not discount that one of the other people on the tour may have moved it , but it did seem to move with an irregular motion. Also, when I lined up several photos, I could see little lights moving very quickly which actually had tails. These could not be seen with the naked eye, only through the camera (an iphone one), so it may have been dust and most probably was. They did move very fast though!
    We also had a moment where all 16 of us on tour joined hands and the medium tried to communicate with our loved ones. I concentrated very hard and told my Grandfather that now was the time if he wanted to talk with me. The medium then approached me and said that my grandfather would like to wish me a happy birthday, which was 2 days earlier! WOW!!! I'm nearly a believer now......lol. If anyone has any questions about the tour, please feel free to ask. I'll try upload some photos of the night.

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
Pic of the homestead

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
A few more pics

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »
Im not sure if this video will work.

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
No real evidence in any of these, but some of you guys might get a feeling for the place

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »
One more. I have quite a few more but don't want to bombard the forum with too many :-)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time Jugstar. It's a pity the pics are so small.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
The pics look interesting Jugstar, can you make them a bit bigger? On my computer they open the same size as in the preview--and I would love a closer look at the detail.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
Ok ill try these 4 and if it works, ill post more. I made them "actual size" this time

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:26 PM »
No they still come out small. Anyone know a way around this?

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal