Author Topic: Sacred Heart Ballarat Tour dates 2012  (Read 18020 times)

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
  • Archangel Michael is my wingman...
Re: Sacred Heart Ballarat Tours coming in May 2012
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
Yes the group was definitely being shadowed. 

It was interesting to see K2 going off like it did  in grotto so lots more information to come about the Nuns and their lives.
esprit de I'escalier    [es-pree de less-ka/-iay}
A witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
We have so much work to do on this site. It's a little daunting.

Even last night at The Convent in Daylesford we met a new ghost and look how many years we have worked there.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
it is very daunting...

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
I can't shake off the bad feeling this place gives me.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 05:41:52 PM »
Me neither lol, but I refuse to be bullied.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Sacred Heart Ballarat Tour dates 2012
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/sacred-heart-convent-open-for-historical-ghost-tours/2590175.aspx

Sacred Heart Convent open for historical ghost tours
BY TOM MCILROY
13 Jun, 2012 11:59 PM
FOR 10 years it has been left to the spirits of obedient souls and the ravages of time, but Ballarat’s historic Sacred Heart Convent is about to be opened again for the world to see.

Behind eight foot walls, the clandestine and sprawling Victoria Street building was home to the Sisters of Mercy convent and boarding school from 1881 until 1995, but its locked doors have kept its secrets inside ever since.

From June 30, the curious public will be able to join night time ghost tours of the building’s chapel, kitchen, classrooms, nuns quarters and grand staircases and hallways.

Hosted by guides and psychic mediums from Paranormal Australia, the lamplit tours will bring to life the stories of those who lived – and might still be present – in the sacred site.

Many historic details have survived a decade of neglect, with perfectly preserved stained glass windows and soaring woodwork in tact throughout the building.

Christine, who did not want her surname published, is a guide and medium who will help lead tours.

She said recent night visits behind the walls had already produced encounters with the ghost of Mother Agnes Graham who was a founder of the convent.

“This building has been allowed to be all alone, giving the ghosts free rein to live in the space that is theirs,” she said.

“When I come in, I don’t know the history of the building, but I read who or whatever I find.

“Mother Agnes actually ran away from home to become a nun, leaving her father furious in Ireland because he had plans to marry her off,” Christine said.

With the help of historical research, visitors will join small groups to tour the convent, which is being cleaned of mess caused by birds and animals.

Christine said many Ballarat residents had links to the site, and others would have wondered what history lay within its walls.

“I am told the bacon factory fire in Ballarat East in 1909 produced some incredible flames, and a delicious smell for the convent.

“We plan to give new life to its stories,” she said.

Bookings for the tours can be made at www.ballaratghosts.com.au
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
Can you please get on and comment as the nasty pasty from Ballarat Eerie tours has already gooten on there and started demoting the tours.
Douglas Adams

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
That person from Eerie must be absolutely jealous of the fact that you are doing these tours.  It's a pity that they have to resort to that to make themselves feel good.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
They just sent me a nasty email saying I am using his trading name. It's got nothing to do with me mate! lol I must question if he knows how to use word lol. The formatting was terrible.
Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
I went there before I went here.
I actually question that you could trademark Ballarat Ghost Tours on the grounds that they are all words in general use.  I think his bum has gotten sealed up...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 12:23:34 AM »
I need to go back there.  I need to face my nemesis.  The two are unrelated.  My nemesis goes everywhere with me.  We are never separated.  And no, I don't understand that.  And neither does my nemesis.  But one day we will.....   probably on a number 16 tram at 4.29pm on a Sunday .....  (isn't it amazing how weird I can get?)

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »
I actually question that you could trademark Ballarat Ghost Tours on the grounds that they are all words in general use.

Gary is right.  They are clutching at straws.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline MadMatty

• Centurion
    • matthewbarker
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
Our tickets arrived today for June 30!  So looking forward to it! And great article (and response to stupid comments) in the Ballarat Courier Christine!!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
Well I guess I will get to meet you June 30th! lol
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal