Author Topic: The Ghosts of Luna Park Sydney  (Read 42599 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The Ghosts of Luna Park Sydney
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
Many people can recall the fun of Sydney’s Luna Park as it has been an institution since the mid 1930’s. It was a place of fun and adventure in thrill of being alive and young at heart. The bright lights and screams of laughter made it a nice happy place to be enjoying the innocence of youth.

However on June 9 1979 the cries of happiness turned into cries of desperation as a fire ironically swept through the ghost train at 10.15 pm. The fire consumed the ghost train building burning to the ground. Sadly 6 children and one adult were burned to death in the tragedy.

There were many accusations in regards to the fire and the fire investigation found that no known electrical fault caused the fire. The source of blaze has never been established. However the recommended remedial rectifications in 1977of short comings in firefighting sprinkler system and escape exists of ride was never addressed, as the theme parks owners was never acted upon the recommendations.

There was a coronal inquiry into the tragedy, but no charges were laid against the owners as they would today be seen as neglect of duty of care to their customers. The park closed for about 5 years and was later reopened under new ownership.

The rumours persisted of a leading underworld figure that was involved in try to get control of the park. Later there was claims from the niece of this underworld figure was involved. Nothing was proven however other than unbridled speculation.

The park new had a ghost train ride again. There is today a small plaque with the names of the victims from that terrible day. And soon the terrible memories of that fateful faded from public memory.
Or had it, some people on entering the part came to spot where the ghost train once stood and have felt a cold shuddered down their spine perhaps a distant memory of that terrible tragedy?

Soon stories began to circulate as do many urban legends of ghostly sounds after all the laughter and joy of the day has gone. Deep into the early hours when the park is closed there are strange stories of people hearing ghostly screams of that terrible tragedy.

One such story was from a teacher who told the story of what they had heard from one of their students who claimed “two years ago, I was staying at my cousins house, which is in units right behind Luna Park. We stayed up till 3am and our parents didn't know we were awake. We heard kids screaming, so we looked out the window - and I swear we saw a fire in Luna Park and heard screaming for help and it then it disappeared. We were so freaked out eh, and no-one believed us".

Was there any truth to this story or just an imaginative tale? Are there ghosts haunting Luna Park reenacting there final moments in the material world? Strange as it seems there was in the Sun Newspaper claims of an occult connection?

In an interview a few years later with Jennifer Poidevin who has remarried who was the mother of the two boys who along with her husband, that died in the fire:

"We asked Damien and Craig what ride they'd like to go on again, they chose the Ghost Train. Little did I know? For some reason, suddenly I felt like an ice-cream. I asked the others if they wanted one, but they said no. I asked them to wait for me, but when I turned around they were gone.

I don't know why they didn't wait for me, as we'd been on every ride together that night. It still haunts me to this day. Something spiritual took over perhaps divine intervention?

Strangely she produced a photograph of her oldest son Damien taken earlier that day before he died with his brother and father in the fire. He is seen standing next to a strange sinister figure of a man in a slightly sinister looking horned bull suit that not one of the ex-employees knows of that character running around the park. And the identity of this strange man has never been discovered. Jennifer claimed the man came out of crowed and posed next to her son for a Photograph and melted back into the crowd.

Who was this man and why was he wearing a horned bull headdress? Strikingly similar in imagery is a mythical demon for out distant past; was there some occult Satanist connection?

In an old book on demons dating back to 1863 describes a horn bull called Moloch who was the god of the Ammonites, portrayed as a bronze statue with a calf's head adorned with a royal crown and seated on a throne. His arms were extended to receive the child victims sacrificed to him. Milton wrote that Moloch was a frightening and terrible demon covered with mothers' tears and children's blood.

"Rabbis claim that in the famous statue of Moloch, there were seven kinds of cabinets. The first was for flour, the second for turtle doves, the third for a ewe, the fourth for a ram, the fifth for a calf, the sixth for a beef, and the seventh for a child. It is because of this, Moloch is associated with Mithras and his seven mysterious gates with seven chambers. When a child was sacrificed to Moloch, a fire was lit inside the statue. The priests would then beat loudly on drums & other objects so that the cries would not be heard."  Was this tragic fire part of some satanic ritual? And the sounds of the fun park drowned out the agony of death?

There were some strange coincidences. The Man dressed as bull that nobody knows the identity of. There was the startling photograph similar in image to a Demon that demanded child sacrifice.

Who was a Demon that had seven Gates for victims to burn in. and strangely enough there was seven victims in the Luna Park fire? And the young boy named Damien which means to “To tame” in photograph next to the horned bull figure. And most intriguing thing of all is Jennifer’s original first married name. “Godson” Her son who perished in a fire with six other people name meant “to tame" ironically “Godson”

The question remains was Jennifer’s son picked out because of his name by a Satanist cult to be sacrificed to the Demon Moloch?

And do the tormented souls of that terrible tragedy still haunt the Fun park in the depths of the night?

Kanacki

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: The Ghosts of Luna Park Sydney
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
I spent alot of time there when I was a kid. I remember when the people burned in the Ghost Train.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
I remember that tragic event also.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
Hello All

Yes it was a sad and tragic event . I can remember it vividly as I was about same age as the young teenagers who perished. I even have memories riding the ghost train. It was not really scary but rather corny with flashing lights, dancing rubber skelentons, but still fun. So was the big dipper, the wild cat, River cave ride,and the rotar. The last time I was there was a year before the fire.

Digging deep into the story I tried to hunt down more clues. Some claimed that Bull figure next to Damien was some one from the Mardi Gras in 1979 that had a strange supernatural theme rising from the Darkness. Strange enough there was only 3000 particpants in the 1979 parade and I found actually no pictures of the event. But any connection to the figure next to Damien being connected to the Mardi gras is I believe false.

Because Damien Godson and the other vitcims died on the 9th of June. Festivites for the Mardi gra did not start until the 3oth of June.

I have found some other things but this but I will post later.

late for work again ;)

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »
Hello again

In continuing my investigation in this story. The Picture of the man dressed as a horned bull and Damien Godson was taken by the ferry terminal at Circular Quay. An area know for colourful street entertainers and buskers. Could this strange character could of been part an innocent busking act?

In digging into the past of the Godson family there was nothing untold in the family past to be an target of a deliberate murder. In fact they were just a hardworking struggling family out to have a Holiday in the big city. So a targeted attack on the family seems highly unlikely.

As for an a cult or satanist conspiracy we need to look deeper into the worship of this repugnant cainnite God. As strange as this seems there is suggestions that in the United States there is organised worship of this idol.

Radical religious fanatics claim that every year there are secret rituals that worship this Moloch and even more make extraordinary claims that child sacrifices takes place there at a private property. It is fact there are secret rituals take at place called Bohemian Grove California open to invite only. And It has been claimed that many famous people, rich and powerful and world leaders have been there and participated in the ceremony.

The following picture is of one past ceremonies. Is there truth to these claims or have the rituals depicted be twisted out of context to suit the need of the far right christian agenda? If the claims of this in activity in America has some substance, then we must look at the possibility of some of the ceremonies of such a cult could of transported itself to Satanist cults in Australia?

One of the prime suspects of the fire was Abe Saffron the leading underworld figure who was at the height of his powers in the late 70's. He was obsessed with American culture and values. He spent quite some time in America and was the father of organised crime in Australia, that corrupted police and High government officials. Was he part of a secret group of Moloch worshipers in defiance of his Jewish faith?

The first police investigation only concentrated on the fire being started by an electrical fault. But they could not conclude that beyond doubt. The shady business dealings of the head police investigator had business connections to a partner of Saffron. clearly the first inquiry and the second were afraid of connecting any link to Saffron because so many officials had been on his payrole.

Years later with a more un-intimidated investigation by National crime Authority there was no evidence to support of any claims that Saffron was involved. This was at the time when the National Crime authority was out to convict him. Eventully they did the Al Capone trick and had him arrested for tax evasion.

So with all the rumours of conspiracy behind the Luna Park fire sadly none really stack up under scrutiny.

The mystery man in the photograph will perhaps remain a mystery. A mystery to torment the mother of a lost family due to tragedy desperatly seeking answers where there is none.

And finally perhaps the ghostly sounds at night is the left over of emotion of guilt how badly treated the families of victims were treated by such a poorly investigated inquiry into the tragedy? Some thing for all of us to pause in refection of.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »
KANACHI, another well sourced view of the terrible fire that claimed the lives of 6 Children.

It would be difficult to gain access to Luna Park after hours, but are you or other members aware of any paranormal investigations being carried out after the fire?

In terms of the other aspect of your report was of people taking part in devil and / or demon worship, I have seen some reports of such things occurring in London following the influx of immigrants from the African regions, where it has been suspected child sacrifices. Similar articles appeared in newspapers regarding such sacrifices in Papua New Guinea. Who knows where else such practices may occur.

Satanism is unfortunately a practice that continues in the 21st Century and not just in 3rd World Countries.

We must always be mindful of the dark forces, which surround us to ensure that innocent people are not sacrificed as part of any rituals.

Once again thank you for a thoughtful and well researched account of a dark moment in our history.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
Hello Simon2

Thank you for the kind words. As far as I know there is no one researching at the site at present. I tend to agree that access to the site after hours would be just about impossible.  However it might be possble to visit the park  when open at night. It could be possible for a sensitive to feel cold spots around the old site of ghost train?

I never found any evidence to prove that worship of Molock was happening in Australia. But that does not mean an individual obsessed with Moloch might not have acted out a sick fantasy that cost the lifes of 7 people?

The thing that amazes me is the boy Damion Godson Damion mean "To Tame" and familys last name Godson? was it a sacrifice "To Tame Gods Son" Conincidence?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »
KANACHI, just call me Simon.

What you suggest is possible during open hours. I don't work due to a back problem so, once I get over my last surgery, I could go there and have a "look". If there is any type of energy I will pick it up. Also, if there are any souls present I can, hopefully help them pass over.

Don't get to fixated about the name as it may mean nothing but a coincidence.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
Hello Simon

I just found out the staff lunchroom is on the site of the ghost train site so you might not be able to get close enough.

Kanacki

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »
Generally the team mediums don't need to even be on site to do cross overs. we can do them remotely.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »
Hello Christine

What is a team medium? Is that a group of mediums trying to communicate with the spirit at the same time remotely?

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
Christine, not sure why this came via email, but that is a minor issue, which hopefully can be fixed.

Have you never felt the wonderful exileration of a spirit bonding with your's, then helping (and feeling) the spitrit move on to the other side.

Not sure I would do this remotely and further using a team.

I guess on this one I will "beg to differ" (I was going to say more but I won't).

Even with "angry" spirits, although the initial bonding is difficult and emotionally draining, there is still the exileration as they to cross-over.

(Confucius)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
I open a door between this world and the next and I move them on.  They go, sometimes they need a push, but they go.   I have no desire to bond with them and I have no need to be physically there. 

I never cross over s spirit that doesn't wish to go unless they are causing difficulties for the living.   I will never refuse to cross a spirit that wishes to go regardless of the wishes of the sites owner.  They do not have to stay against their wishes.  That would be immoral.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »
Hello Christine

What is a team medium? Is that a group of mediums trying to communicate with the spirit at the same time remotely?

Kanacki

No not a team of mediums, the mediums that are tried and trusted and workwith our investigation team.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:11 PM »
Christine, not sure why this came via email, but that is a minor issue, which hopefully can be fixed.

Have you never felt the wonderful exileration of a spirit bonding with your's, then helping (and feeling) the spitrit move on to the other side.

Not sure I would do this remotely and further using a team.

I guess on this one I will "beg to differ" (I was going to say more but I won't).

Even with "angry" spirits, although the initial bonding is difficult and emotionally draining, there is still the exileration as they to cross-over.

Hi Simon, if you subscribe to a thread it emails you when there is a reply.

Yes of course we feel a bonding with some of the ghosts that remain however that it not something I seek to do either this work, or as reward for doing it. I just do the work and sometimes that is painful and heartbreaking.

Re the team, I addressed that in the above post. Why wouldn't you do it remotely? We had a pretty serious situation where one of our forum members needed help, she is in the USA with no trusted assistance. It helps to be abel to work remotely either on the astral or by a sort of remote viewing.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal