Author Topic: The gift is not really a gift...  (Read 21388 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
The gift is not really a gift...
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »
Much is said of the "gift", someone has the "gift" or they do not have the "gift". It is a word that is brandished about like there is no tomorrow and I am not exactly sure why. I have a few theories though.

Firstly in my mind a gift is generally something good, maybe wrapped in nice paper perhaps with a bow on the top. I cannot see anyone’s psychic ability in this same light. It is not something that you receive as a thank you, or for a special occasion. It is also not something that only "special" or "unique" people have. It does not make you part of an exclusive club or elitist group.

Most people feel psychic ability is extraordinary. This is because in many cultures if psychic ability is recognised at all it is thought that only a very few have it.

However psychic ability is larger than anyone person or any single carnation. It comes with ones soul. Now I am going to assume here that everyone has one (even Tool despite the fact he tried to see it on ebay).
Many say they don’t have a psychic bone in their body. I want to refute that. I think that psychic ability is a necessary in life rather than optional.  This “thing” gives us direction. It guides our morals and our hearts whether we recognise it as being psychic ability or not. It leads us done various paths, it draws us to certain people and not to others. It is a way by which we can find some direction in our lives.

The main problem as I see it is that society as a whole is not comfortable with psychic ability. They do not understand it generally speaking and make no effort to embrace people that do choose to use it in their lives.

Imagine the young child who at an early age plays with an imaginary friend. Parents think it is all so cute and sweet and basically disregard it. A few years later the same child asks about a man/woman they saw in their room late at night. The child tells their parents. The parents disregard it or think the child either lied or had a bad dream. So they tell the child it was in their imagination.

The child grows and gets older. The child is trying to develop as a person. They approach their parents one night saying they saw someone outside their window. The parents dutifully look an find nothing. “don’t be silly” they say, “You are imagining it”. This time their reaction to the child’s claims are more severe. The child begins to wonder if they were making the whole thing up. Surely the grown ups know what’s right and what’s wrong? They must be right. I must be imagining it. Society moulds us into something it can accept or understand. We are more palatable this way.

Even the most strong minded and confident child would begin to have second thoughts by this stage. Wondering if it was real or not and probably convincing themselves it was not. Years of trying to convince yourself things you see and hear and feel are not real can take a toll and often do.

I know as this happened to me in a far more hostile way.  

Possibly not all children are born with the same natural ability in this field as others. Some children if allowed to blossom might find their natural ability lies in a slightly different direction to other children. One child might find they have a certain knack for finding lost things whereas another might see apparitions others do not see. However children at a young age have not yet subscribed to the same reality as those of most of the adults they are surrounded by. Psychic skill can be taught and learnt much like any other skill, but I fear unlike skiing which I do believe one must be “gifted” to do.

Our souls seeks balance and harmony. Psychic tools are used to find broken parts of our lives and person. Our soul then tries to heal these broken parts of us, our emotions, our beings. This is where the problem starts to become apparent. Most people tend to cling to their social personas. Most people wear various faces. One face of the professional for work, the face of the parent, the face of a friend the face of a lover. The face of someone in control even though they may not be. In other words most people are ego sensitive and portray a certain persona to the world. For the soul to heal and for these damaged parts to be addressed one must reveal this hidden brokenness to the outside personality and often the outside world.

This can be a frightening thing especially if we feel we cannot cope with what we feel we must address. Therefore many people subconsciously shut down the parts of us that might otherwise cause us to address these imperfections to avoid dealing with this fear.

When accepting your psychic ability becomes more a part of the way you naturally express yourself instead of some fearful thing to overcome, then the brokenness that might be laying dormant stunting your soul growth might be allowed to be embraced and worked on, rather than something denied.

Acknowledge these feelings, be the person you are meant to be without the restraints forced upon you by society, accept your soul’s journey towards growth and trust your intuition will never steer you wrong. The more you learn to recognise your intuition and trust it the more accurate you will become.

Psychic ability is not only for a select few, it is not beyond the reach of most people. But it is not until we accept it is possible that we are able to exercise this ability. It isn’t until we begin to understand our souls journey towards growth and perfection we can start to work with it.

So please don’t speak to me about my gift like it is something special or not understandable. It is not always anything positive. Often there is pain associated with using it. There is pain associated with growth also.

I have also written about whether you should learn to develop your psychic ability and you will find that in the library portal. For this journey is not for everyone. By all means heal your soul, find balance and grow but the fact is that it is not advisable that every person in the world develop their ability. Some natures and temperaments are poorly suited to such work. For that is what it often is, work.

I was reminded of this last week when someone commented to me, “I wish I could do what you can.” I responded “well you can but do you really want or need to?” As I said this I was reminded of the night before. During meditation I tasted blood in my mouth. It was definitely blood there was no mistaking it. At first I thought I must have had a bleeding nose. I blew my nose and nothing. I then spat into a tissue to see if my mouth was bleeding. Nothing. I went back to the meditation. Shortly afterwards the blood became apparent. The remnants of someone else’s rather violent medical procedure gone wrong causing their death and they were here to see me. Grand. So ask yourself if this really is a gift. I can see no bow or pretty paper.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

~Michelle~

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:53:07 PM »
I am one of those people have called it a "gift". I am sorry Christine I really didn't look at the broad spectrum of things. I must admit I don't think I would call it a gift. In fact you have my vow never to call that word again.  :D

You have explain quite a few things here which do apply to me. I think now I know what the message you gave me is. But I am not ready to let things go. Well I don't think I am. Maybe I should pull the other face out little bits at a time.

Thanks Christine once again.

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »
I agree with you Christine. When I decided to learn more about the paranormal I really got into developing my psychic abilities. I enjoyed it and still do but for me it's a distraction, a test almost, that leads me away from the path I want to be on.

I can't describe it. I sense spirit around me but put out the vibe that I'm not the one they need. I have a close daily relationship with my guide and the spiritual lesson I feel I have to learn is to be.

When I come on here I love to read about others experiences and I have written many replies and then deleted them before posting because I am trying to maintain a state of detached interest.

As you say the Gift is not necessarily a gift. To those of you who embrace it I applaud you it's not an easy path to follow.

I hope I don't sound stuck up, I'm not. :)
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »
I too am guilty of calling it a gift or saying someone is gifted and i understand what you are saying Christine, i am sure just like all things in life, it definatly has it's downs as well as ups. I apologise, but more often then not when i use it, its due to a lack of a better word, but i swear i will refrain from it and start calling them abilities or something.
And i was told when i was 14 that everyone can be psyhic they just needed the right training.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
No worries, I was not trying to rouse on people who didn't know any better. More to let people see the other side of the ability, or to encourage people to understand they can do it, to varying degrees as they choose but to choose wisely. (I guess read should you develop your psychic ability).

Sorry if it came over like I was banging with my stick. Just had a few things come to me that were more than distracting when I was trying to write this.

Sorry guys.

Lmao at me trying to change the worlds perception one person at a time. No wonder I have a stinking headahce!!

Sorry again
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »
C I think you did a fine job of getting your point across. Unlike some people ie:me who tend to ramble off topic. I do that in real life too.

It came across to me like you don't want to be treated like a celebrity.
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »
That's actually true Baggy. I don't want to be treated like a celebrity. Sadly many psychics do.

Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »
Not me,  I want to be treated like a cat!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 06:32:36 PM »
LOL.....
Douglas Adams

Offline Donna351

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »
C, reading your post it was like you were readig out MY diary from early childhood onwards.

I get that all the time, everyday in fact, wow Donna, I wish I could do what you do, depending on frame of mind I am in at the time, sometimes I just say yes, it has its rewards then other s I say this " would you really like to be standing in a room when someone is about to blow their head off? you "see" their head explode, you "feel" their emotions before they pull the trigger, you "smell their fear along with the gun powder and blood" you taste the blood and feel it warm as it spatters your face. This peoples is what I experience when I do a crossover and once you are there, there's no turning back, not all are like that of course, some are beautiful, full of love and peace, then theres the murder victims, do I need to go further, children, car accidents etc etc.

Some people DO choose to enhance their abilities but with me I had no choice, they came at me full force after losing someone very close to me, he started talking to me after he passed, I thought I really was going insane, the things I felt, saw, experienced were horrifying and very scary and out of control, I couldn't shut it down, I couldn't find any relief and found it rather cruel, to be thrown right in the deep end and left to sink or swim, thankfully I chose to swim but it was a very hard journey, looking back over the years now, i really think if I had a choice, that would be a very hard decision, would I choose this path? I really don't know.

I do do this fulltime as you all know but only because I have been told to, "you must start using it Donna, use it to help people" which I have been doing. Just please know that I didnt wake up one morning Psychic lol I went through this all my life, pushing it away until it got to the stage, I didn't have a choice. I have on few occasions as Christine knows, decided to STOP doing what I do and find another profession, but as soon as I make this decision, my mobile begins to ring off the hook, I get emaail after email and so forth, this IS my life's journey whether i like it or not, but would I call it a "gift" certainly NOT  :wink: I am writing a book at the moment from early childhood to now and the inbetween well, there are stories that would make your hair curl LOL looking back now, I must be one tough lil bugger to pull through and still be in one peice and do what I am doing.

Again this is my path and I will walk it for as long as I have to, picking up a lot of lost souls along the way and dusting them off to fight another day.

Also quickly let me add, I have had to put up with friends/family looking at me like im some sort of freak, won't come near me because they might catch something or I might see something they don't want me to, it really hasn't been easy nor does it get easier, I just have learnt to live with it because I have no other choice.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »
Sometimes a gift can be somethng that is good for you but that you do not like.  

In terms of psychic abilities, though, it is sometimes hard to decide if we are talking gift or curse.

And many great artists and musicians had their own GIFT but its worth remembering that that SKILL they had was more a gift for the world, and that they often died in misery or poverty.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 03:03:57 AM »
Quote from: "GaryTheDemon"
Sometimes a gift can be somethng that is good for you but that you do not like.  

In terms of psychic abilities, though, it is sometimes hard to decide if we are talking gift or curse.

And many great artists and musicians had their own GIFT but its worth remembering that that SKILL they had was more a gift for the world, and that they often died in misery or poverty.

good point gary, it would seem those "gifted" are just the box with a pretty ribbon around them, and not the person tearing that box open
We are merely a part of the universe, in its entirety. like a leaf on a tree, in the ground, covered by atmosphere, pulled by gravity around the sun... it goes on.
We are all one.
Don't you think its time we started acting like it

Offline Donna351

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
gary and trent,

well said. Also it is so hard at times having this ability, to help others and see into their lives, past, present and future, to "see" how they can fix the situation, to turn their path around but when it comes to myself, I just have to hope I can find a Psychic with the same abilities as I can do diddly squat for myself as in "seeing" which brings me to another topic which I am about to start now, my hubby is miserable and I feel so helpless.

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:16:51 PM »
Quote from: "catseyes"
Not me,  I want to be treated like a cat!

Saucer of milk & scratch under the ear for CE.

Donna the reason I said choice was because I believe in reincarnation and even though you may not have made a concsious choice in this life I believe you chose this path for yourself while on the other side.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »
Absolutely. We do choose our life here and now and in the future. But for reasons we often have no conscious knowledge of now.

Christine
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal