Author Topic: Should really pay attention to young children when they soeak  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Variflex

• Newcomer
Should really pay attention to young children when they soeak
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct section for this post, please feel free to move the post if required

Bit of an intriguing story I thought I would share,

A little over twelve months back now my myself, wife and daughter along with a friend and his family thought we would go and have a look at a few cemeteries on the Saturday night, Anywho when we pulled up in the car park of the first cemetery where my mates youngest daughter (Almost 4 years Old) says "It looks like a volcano" we had no idea what she was talking about so we asked "What looks like a volcano?" the reply was "The Sky" given the sky was reasonably clear with a half-moon we dismissed it as childlike gibberish and continued to look at the cemetery which was in Windsor, after this we then proceeded to Wisemans Ferry to check out the cemetery there, nothing of interest really (apart from myself leaving my vehicle in gear and freaking out my wife when it wouldn’t start), after this we then started making our way out to St Albans where we could see a huge fire climbing the mountain in the distance over the lower McDonald area, interestingly the fire looked just like lava flowing from a volcano.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
Re: Should really pay attention to young children when they soeak
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
Young kids are very tuned into things. I think a lot of what gets labelled as childhood nonsense is actually insight that we don't have access to (or won't consider)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Should really pay attention to young children when they soeak
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
I would never dismiss what a child said.  it does no harm to listen to them, and without any thought of the paranormal, you make them feel that their input is important to you.

As too the volcano, boy does that resonate with me.   For years I had nightmares about volcanoes.  I would run and try to escape.......then Black Saturday, as I saw the fire come over the hill behind my house I realized that this was what I had been dreaming.   The child was right.  It does look like a volcano.

Offline Variflex

• Newcomer
Re: Should really pay attention to young children when they speak
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »
Yeah was certainly an eye opener, has been a long time since there has been young children in my household,

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal