Author Topic: The 10 most notorious paranormal hoaxes of all time  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
The 10 most notorious paranormal hoaxes of all time
« on: January 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »
1. The Amityville Horror
2. Uri Geller
3. The Cottingley Fairies
4. Ghostwatch
5. Salem Witches
6. Alien 'autopsy' footage
7. Crop circles
8. Loch Ness Monster photo
9. The Patterson Bigfoot
10. The Fox Sisters

Read the whole article http://io9.com/the-10-most-notorious-paranormal-hoaxes-in-history-1675116786

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
Re: The 10 most notorious paranormal hoaxes of all time
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
Hmmmm.....

1. The Amityville Horror - some truth in it I think but nowhere near what was reported.
2. Uri Geller - not convinced either way.  If I ever meet him, I'll let you know.
3. The Cottingley Fairies - fabulous fakes
4. Ghostwatch - brilliant piece of work and loved it.  (even better than Alternative 3 which SHOULD be on this list)
5. Salem Witches - difficult to disprove surely?  
6. Alien 'autopsy' footage - No opinion.  Could have been genuine.  Could have been fake.
7. Crop circles - totally unconvinced about fakery.  Too many in too many 'difficult' locations for some blokes with wood ...
8. Loch Ness Monster photo - most fakes.  But something was there...
9. The Patterson Bigfoot - Big foot/yeti/yowie real.  Or was.
10. The Fox Sisters - Samantha had a sister?

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »
The Patterson footage is real.  A far as I am concerned if you want to claim you were in the suit or made the suit, produce it.  NO one can.  The foremost costume maker in hollywood today says that when it was made there was no one capable of doing it and he says even now to get the musculature to work as it done would be extremely hard.  The body proportions of the film are such that you could not just pop a tall man into it.  Many more reasons why it wasn't faked.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »
I believe the Patterson footage is real. It is one of the Bigfoot sightings I have read a lot about.

The Salem witch trials......CE and I wrote some pretty good essays about them last year. We can post them here if you want to read them. They were reviewing an article that criticised the possibility of ergotism being the cause of the hysteria.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Consider all possibilities
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
1. The Amityville Horror - some truth in it I think but nowhere near what was reported.
2. Uri Geller - not convinced either way.  If I ever meet him, I'll let you know.
3. The Cottingley Fairies - fabulous fakes
4. Ghostwatch - brilliant piece of work and loved it.  (even better than Alternative 3 which SHOULD be on this list)
5. Salem Witches - difficult to disprove surely? 
6. Alien 'autopsy' footage - No opinion.  Could have been genuine.  Could have been fake.
7. Crop circles - totally unconvinced about fakery.  Too many in too many 'difficult' locations for some blokes with wood ...
8. Loch Ness Monster photo - most fakes.  But something was there...
9. The Patterson Bigfoot - Big foot/yeti/yowie real.  Or was.
10. The Fox Sisters - Samantha had a sister?

Agree with the above, the alien autopsy is most likely faked IMHO.
Light, Love and wisdom

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »
The Patterson footage is real.  A far as I am concerned if you want to claim you were in the suit or made the suit, produce it.  NO one can.  The foremost costume maker in hollywood today says that when it was made there was no one capable of doing it and he says even now to get the musculature to work as it done would be extremely hard.  The body proportions of the film are such that you could not just pop a tall man into it.  Many more reasons why it wasn't faked.

Unless the man in the suit was either Ronnie Coleman or Phil health, but very unlikely lol. 

It also depends on which side of the argument you sit on as to what the creatures actually are; a 40 yo documentary strengthened my suspicions when a witness said; “the creature stood there looking straight through me, I got the sense the large creature was very wise and all knowing being”. Not an exact quote, but something along those lines.

My 2 cents worth’s is that they are gatekeepers of nature and are supernatural in configuration that permits them to come and go (inter-dimensional) as they please.  The more we cut down trees the more peeved they become, they apparently get very grumpy when contact with humans, just ask a bloke called Dean H lol.
Light, Love and wisdom

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 12:01:07 AM »
Yes but you all missed the big question.... does Samantha Fox have a sister?????

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
LOL GTD, only in most men's dreams

The real fox sisters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_sisters
Light, Love and wisdom

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal