Author Topic: Imprints from our ancestors  (Read 5307 times)

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
Imprints from our ancestors
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »
Ever since I was little, I have enjoyed watching Westerns, I loved cowboys and Indians and Mexicans. That is a funny thing for a little girl to enjoy. I loved the movie Tombstone and the recent series Deadwood.

Apparently my GRx5 grandfather was a Texas Ranger. He left England and ended fighting in the Tex/Mex war. With a group of rangers, they attacked a town and were taken hostage. The Mexicans didn't want to have too many hostages, so they were forced to take a bean from a bag. If it was a black bean, they would be shot, if it was a white bean they would live (more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mier_Expedition#Black_Bean_Incident)
My GF chose a white bean and was eventually released after being held in a Mexican prison for over a year.

I also have a fascination with the goldfields and have a GR+++ grandmother that was on the goldfields, her diary is in the State Library - but I think most people like the thought of getting rich quick.

Last one is NZ, every time I go there, I feel like I am 'home'. Someone asked me if I had any connection to it and the only thing I can think of is my great grandmother went there from Scotland as a five year old, they stayed for a couple of years before moving to Australia. I know she returned there a few times as a great uncle moved there.

So what I am pondering... Is my connection and interest in these things some kind of genetic imprint that has been handed down through the generations? The fact that these places played a big part in who my ancestors were and something has remained.

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
Re: Imprints from our ancestors
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
Julie, great question.  I have also pondered that same with with my extreme love for animals especially cats.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
Could be genetic certainly, but could also be passed life "hangovers" too.  I also love old westerners and have watched then since I was a Toddler.   I can remember getting g really angry because I felt the movie didn't get it right on occasion too.   Funnily enough I have always taken the side of the Indian, just as with the wearer 's involving the civil war my sympathies were always with the south.

I do have a great, great grandfather who was Canadian, but I don't think that explains it as well as reincarnation does.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »
I was thinking past life pull too. I know I have some strong pulls from past lives. I suppose I was just thinking that your pull seemed very strong for an ancestral link. I know when I compare my DNA and past life information, it's the past life that has the strongest pull.

Interesting topic though  :)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
sorry about the autocorrect changers ggrr.

Offline Torey

• Inductee
  • Occultist & Demonologist
    • Infernal Dialogues
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
I would say that there is certainly a possibility that some combination of energetic inheritance and past life impressions lead to some of our fascinations and interests.  I firmly believe that energetic imprints can be passed down through bloodlines.

I also have strange and unexplainable interests/fascinations - WWII, for instance.  I feel so incredibly drawn to it for no apparent reason - and I have a fixation on the battles that occurred in the Ardennes, specifically.  I don't have any "memories" of having lived a past life during this time, but I feel that it's likely.  I would be interested in past life regressions - whether or not they would show up some connection to WWII. 

Another strange thing is my obsession with all things Judaism.  From a small child, I was asking my Mum to buy me "Jan Peerce sings Hebrew Melodies" CDs versus Disney movies or toys.  I don't have any *known* Jewish heritage which leads me to believe that it may be a past life remnant that has yet to be explored.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
sorry about the autocorrect changers ggrr.

I didn't even notice LOL

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »
Torey... I was just thinking it would have to be quite a powerful pull to have both ancestral and past life at work in this sort of thing.

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
I think there is a link there somewhere.. I don't pretend to understand it, but that old "it's in your genes" saying springs to mind. 

For me it's Tasmania, I fell in love with Campbelltown for some reason, something about it just felt so 'right'. It was like coming home.  My only connection to Tassie is that I had 2 convict ancestors who met there, married and had children - but they didn't stick around. She died in her 30's just 12yrs after she arrived, and he came over to Victoria no sooner than the ink was dry on his Conditional Pardon. The kids were all out of there at very early ages too. And none of them ever lived in Campbelltown.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 12:11:24 PM »
I have always, since a child, loved everything Asian, although I was born in Scotland and raised in Australia.

This fascination has followed me too this day.

Last year, some of you know that I went under Regression Hypnosis and wouldn't you know, the only past life shown too me was that of an Asian. Under hypnosis I was in a room with literally hundreds of mirrors, each one denoting a past life, but my Spirit Guides, chose to show me only one.

This year I have been shown another past life in France around the 13th Century and I am being given hints to another past life by my Guides.

They are not playing a game with me, but showing me past lives, that are important to me in this life and ultimately, why I am here now at this time.

Can't say too much about my purpose as this has yet to be revealed, but nothing is by chance and every "clue" has a purpose.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
I know that past life, your Asian one Simon.

I think we are inexplicably drawn towards certain things in this life. Sometimes because of ancestor imprint, other times from our past life experiences.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
Christine, I agree with your comments.

Also, standby for another Post, which my Spirit Guides deem important at this stage in time, regarding my 2nd Past Life.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal