Author Topic: What is a Clairempath?  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Crystalfairy

• Inductee
What is a Clairempath?
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Roma I saw you are a clairempath, what is this?

Thank you

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
Re: What is a Clairempath?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »
Ashley a clairempath is in the same category as empathy and empath with a few differences.

Empathy is the ability to "put yourself in someone else's shoes". The ability to imagine "what if". This is different to sympathy. We can feel compassion for a person without being empathetic.

An empath is a person who feels someone's emotions as if they were their own. So a much stronger degree of empathy than someone who is using a "what if" type of empathy.

The prefix "clair" means clear or clarity so a clairempath can differentiate their own emotions from others without decreasing the amount of information they are getting. They can also analyze what they are feeling from others in the same way a counselor would. So you are adding an intellectual element to the feeling. It wouldn't surprise me if you had this ability without knowing it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
Good explanation
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »
Thanks Christine :)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
Roma, well done. A very clear explanation.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:26:45 AM »
Thanks Simon :)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
Literal translations from word origins have sympathy mean, 'feeling with'; and empathy mean, 'feeling into'.

In counselling, the skill of empathy is understanding and being concerned for someone else's experiences, but NOT feeling their feelings. It's important for the counsellor to engage as an interested yet separate being. It allows, for example, the counsellor to enrich and stabilise interaction with their own mood.

I imagine clairempaths would be drawn to counselling and would be gifted but possibly at a high cost to themselves?

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
I think if you couldn't step back from all the emotions and traumas of a client you would burn out very quickly.   Demonstrates the need for good 'shielding'

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:52 PM »
Literal translations from word origins have sympathy mean, 'feeling with'; and empathy mean, 'feeling into'.

> Ahhhh thanks Violet.

In counselling, the skill of empathy is understanding and being concerned for someone else's experiences, but NOT feeling their feelings. It's important for the counsellor to engage as an interested yet separate being. It allows, for example, the counsellor to enrich and stabilise interaction with their own mood. I imagine clairempaths would be drawn to counselling and would be gifted but possibly at a high cost to themselves?

> Yes you are right. I've come across many counselors who can pick up on unsaid emotions because of the empath trait but know how to step back and interpret this from a professional viewpoint. Very different to being overrun with another's emotions. You'd be burnt out in 2 mins if that was the case. So I'd say counselors or other people using their empath skills in a professional way are definitely clairempaths - and highly trained ones who know how to protect themselves - good shielding as you said CE

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »
Roma I am a clairempath, but have no control in shielding myself emotionally, which can be overwhelming at times.

I also feel other people's physical pain as if it were my own. For me this helps with my ability to heal others.

I am also able to help heal emotional pain in others.

I heal covertly, in other words the person I am healing does not know this.

This is especially important where there are emotional issues to heal

I "saw" that one of my employees was depressed and by covertly guiding him, he believed that he healed himself, which is very important for the person, with emotional issues. In order for the emotional issue not to reoccur the person affected MUST ALWAYS believe they healed themselves because having conquered the emotional issue the likelihood of any reoccurrence is minimised.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
Yes Simon you would be an empath but not being able to shield yourself would decrease your clarity thus the "clair" element would be impacted.

It's very hard to have clarity if you are being overwhelmed. It sounds like you are still having issues with differentiating your own emotions from others and taking an objective analytical approach. Of stepping outside of that emotional whirlpool.

The shielding factor is not the last add on a clairempath would use. It's actually an integral part of the process which interacts in a bidirectional way. So if you aren't shielding yourself properly you will have issues with differentiation but if you cannot differentiate your own feelings how do you know what you're shielding against? If you cannot differentiate you cannot analyze this information in an objective way. Being overwhelmed by issues with shielding/ differentiation also impacts analytical thought. So you can see how this would all impact clarity.

If you're having problems with shielding it may be helpful to learn more about being able to label emotions in an analytical way rather than just feeling them - so adding an intellectual element to increase objectivity. This is something counselors learn in their early training and can make it easier to work out what is coming from you and what is coming from others. A good way to do this is when you watch TV. Label the emotions you see as precisely as you can. Soap operas and the like are good for this lol :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 01:37:08 PM »
You raise some good points Roma. Great thread.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »
Roma, I still can differentiate my feelings from those of another individual, it is only if I am in a crowd that I get "overwhelmed" by everyone's emotions, but I still know my emotions from others, it is just the issue of being able to deal with the multiple inflow of the others in the crowd.

I have not been able to turn off my absorption of other people's feelings and sometimes pain. I guess I don't want too, for reasons I am not sure of.

It seems my Guides want me to be able to feel multiple emotions. I think it has something to do with my journey.

it is important that I am "turned on" 24X7, in order to detect anyone who is working for the dark energy. Sounds weird, I know, but it is just a fact.

(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »
I learned to turn to off and in doing so I am in complete control now. It also means when I have it turned on, the information I get is more refined or perhaps easier to see.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal