Author Topic: Soloman Island Mysteries, by Marius Boirayon  (Read 5138 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Soloman Island Mysteries, by Marius Boirayon
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
Near where the sunken warships of the Battle of Guadalcanal the glowing UFOs rise out of the Pacific, fly into the mountains and disappear into jungle lakes.

Here a tropical paradise exists with inexplicable ancient ruins and puzzling writtings of an unknown culture.

Steamy, ruggered mountain ranges are inhabited by strange, sasquatch-like creatures.  They have come down to the villages to kidnap the locals for generations.  Terrifying stories of abductions and cannibalism are passed on by the villages to their children.

In this book are some of the incredable tales that the Solomon Islanders have lived with for decades.

I got this book through amazon.com.  I am about half way through it and honestly...it is a little bit hard to swallow.  The author claims to have bought a small island, yet he has no photographs or video proof of the over 60 UFSO he has claimed to have seen.   I would think that if you were wealthy, a good video camera would be invaluable with his investigations.
The books worth reading....but as to how much is fact?   I will leave that up to you!

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Soloman Island Mysteries, by Marius Boirayon
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Thanks CE.  I guess we have to see the non-facts, because they tend to make the real facts jump out. 

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
You know I think people are so desperate to find out what they believe is being kept from them that they will believe everything piece meal.

I personally believe that there are charlatans everywhere in every field, be it cryptozoology to quantum physics.  Its up to the individual to decide what they will accept or not.  I'm not saying the author is a charlatan.....I am saying I find some of the book a bit sus.

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
Also I think some folk aren't intentional charlatans.  As you said, they're just desperate to believe. 

I like it when people just write the facts.  It's fine if they want to give their opinion, but its also good if we can absorb the facts ourselves, and make up our own minds.  I know what you mean though.  People sometimes latch onto an idea, and believe it, then portray their 'idea' as the fact, rather than just offering the facts. 

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Consider all possibilities
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 01:12:12 AM »
The author claims to have bought a small island, yet he has no photographs or video proof of the over 60 UFSO he has claimed to have seen.   I would think that if you were wealthy, a good video camera would be invaluable with his investigations.

I am pretty sure I have read some transcripts about this case and posted something on here about the lack of cameras to capture these alledge events.
Light, Love and wisdom

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
If this guy really has good footage, I wouldn't blame him for not putting it out there for everyone, 'freely'.  He's not obliged to share it with the world and is probably happy with his personal experiences, and doesn't feel the need to prove anything to anyone at this stage.   

He may be collecting footage for a documentary, or further book, specifically designed to showcase the footage or photos.  He may even have reason to think he'll get much better footage as time passes by.   

There's also the privacy factor.  The guy lives on a island and may like to keep it as a private haven.  If he was to go overboard with evidence of his finding, particularly photos or footage taken from specific locations, he'd have every UFO freak under the sun arriving on his island.  And frankly whatever info he obtains from his property is his. 

He may actually have the best photographic equipment available and may simply be not divulging his evidence at this stage.  The book he's written may just be the entre, with more to come. 

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
He states in the book that he doesn't have a video Salty.

I think the fact that he is selling a book that is rather unbelievable that he is marketing as nonfiction, then it behooves him to try at least in some way to verify the facts he is asking us to accept.  Even a fuzzy/blurry pic would be better than making no attempt to photograph or at least display a photograph of something he has claimed to have seen over 60 times.

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »
Heh heh, maybe he's hoping to score his own reality show.  'Welcome to alien island'

"De Plane, de plane boss!"

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
rofl

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal