Author Topic: Ley Lines  (Read 5428 times)

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Ley Lines
« on: June 11, 2005, 01:59:48 PM »
Extract from: The Learned Arts of Witches and Wizards - History & Traditions of White Magic by Anton & Mina Adams.  Pub: Lansdowne.

Leys - Power Centers of the Earth

Leys are a network of energy lines surrounding the earth.  A theory which was first put forward in 1925 was that the ancient civilizations understood the earth's energy field, building their sacred sites only at "ley centers".  Leys appear to link these sacred sites with particular features of the earth, such as hills, mountain tops, wells, earthworks and the head of springs.

Ley centers, places where several ley lines intersect, have a heightened charge of energy.  Modern ley hunters hypothesize that for a ley center to occur at least seven ley lines must intersect at that spot.  The energy charge at ley centers can be classed as natural or artificial.  An earthquake can create a natural charge whilst artificial charges can be created by the handling of stones which were to be used for the construction of the sacred site.  The hammering and chiseling of the stones "fixes" the power.  It is thought that the size of the stones and the number of blows required to shape each stone affected the power of the charge.

Sometimes the charge can be artificially induced by witches performing a ritual on site where they raise and direct psychic energy toward a stone.  Experiments have found that the most effective rituals were those conducted during a full moon.

Anonymous

Ley Lines
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 02:03:54 PM »
Hi flutterbit

If you know about white magic, so can you explain to me about white magic because i always curious what does that involved.

Taggie

Offline High Priestess

• Centurion
  • Somewhere is a place I belong
Ley Lines
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »
Hi Flutterbit,
I am really fascinated by ley lines. I saw a documentary a while ago that posed the idea that crop circles were actually formed by concentrated energy of crossed over ley lines.
Do you know about this theory?
Are there actual maps you can look up to see where ley lines actual lay? It woul dbe great if there were becuase then the location of various sacred sites and other phenomena could be compared.
High Priestess
Life is simple..........
It's people that make it hard.

C Ferris

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Ley Lines
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 02:43:01 PM »
Merry Meet Taggie,

This link might help to answer your question.

http://paranormal.com.au/public/viewtopic.php?p=118#118

Flutterbit

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Ley Lines
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
Merry Meet Priestess,

This is all I know about the theory of ley lines and crop circles.

http://paranormal.com.au/public/viewtopic.php?t=77

Flutterbit

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Ley Lines
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 10:36:13 PM »
Howdy folks,

For those of you who are interested, I found this web page about Ley Lines.  It's quite fascinating and as I was reading through it there seemed to be several things that clicked into place for me - not the least of which was a reminder of just how connected everything in life is.  There's a lot of information and newly forming thoughts and ideas rattling around in my head from reading this which, if my brain ever sorts them out, I'll share with anyone who is interested.  In the meantime this page is worth a read, particularly the link entitled "Dowsing".

http://www.geo.org/index.html#tof

TTFN
Flutterbit

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy