Author Topic: The Signs of the Zodiac  (Read 19697 times)

Offline High Priestess

• Centurion
  • Somewhere is a place I belong
The Signs of the Zodiac
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:37:27 PM »
The most important clue to a person's character is his birth sign- the sign of the zodiac in which the sun was rising when he/she was born. But for an in depth character analysis the exact positios of the moon and planets must also be taken into account. By tradition, each planet rules over at least one birth sign, and exerts a specially powerful influence over people born under that sign.

Aries March 22- April 20
Ruler: Mars
Good traits: energetic, brave, direct
Bad traits: impatient, selfish, unsubtle
Ideal partner: Gemini or Libra

Taurus April 21- May 21
Ruler: Venus
Good traits: Warm, determined
Bad traits: stubborn, possessive
Ideal partner: Taurus, Pisces, Capricorn

Gemini May 22- June 22
Ruler: Mercury
Good traits: lively, versatile
Bad traits: superficial, inconsistent
Ideal partner: Gemini, Aries, Libra

Cancer June 23- July 23
Ruler: Moon
Good traits: kind, imaginative, sensitive
Bad traits: over-emotional, inforgiving, moody
Ideal partner: Capricorn, Taurus

Leo July 24- August 23
Ruler: Sun
Good traits:Strong, generous, creative
Bad traits: intolerant, pompous, conceited
Ideal partner: Aries or Libra

Virgo August 24- September 23
Ruler: Mercury
Good traits: modest, practical
Bad traits: aloof, fussy, over critical
Ideal partner: Virgo, Capricorn or Taurus

Libra September 24- October 23
Ruler: Venus
Good traits: idealistic, charming, romantic
Bad traits: indecisive, lazy, frivolous
Ideal partner: Libra or Taurus

Scorpio Oct 24- November 22
Ruler: Mars and Pluto
Good traits: passionate, purposeful, subtle
Bad traits: jealous, secretive
Ideal partner: Capricorn and Taurus

Sagittarius November 23- December 22
Ruler: Jupiter
Good traits: active, optimistic
Bad traits: tactless, restless, irresponsible
Ideal partner: Gemini or Aquarius

Capricorn December 23- January 19
Ruler: Saturn
Good traits: witty, careful, ambitious
Bad traits: mean, pessimistic, rigid
Ideal partner: Capricorn or Cancer

Aquarius January 20- February 19
Ruler: Saturn and Uranus
Good traits: original, independent
Bad traits: perverse, obstinate
Ideal partner: Aquarius or Gemini

Pisces Fenruary 20- March 21
Ruler: Jupiter and Neptune
Good traits: intuitive, kind
Bad traits: vague, weak-willed
Ideal partner: Pisces or Taurus

Seems that no-one wants a Scorpio!
High Priestess
Life is simple..........
It's people that make it hard.

C Ferris

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:59:47 PM »
I take exception to the Virgo characterisation  LOL!!!   I might be aloof and over critical but Im not fussy!!!!  LOL!!!!

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:04:32 PM »
Hmmm Fussy...yeah thats me with certain things lol.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 07:33:32 PM »
Chainz, are you one of the chosen too?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Star signs
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 10:43:35 PM »
Hi everyone,
feel sorry for me I am a Scorpion! No-one wants us!! And poor Sagittarians, no-one wants them either.
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 12:46:30 PM »
Hmmm....well I can be all of those things.  I'm a typical Tear-arse but then those all things, good and bad, if used the right way can be used to help others.  Only thing is I've always read/heard that Taurus get along well with Capricorn (probably because they're just as stubborn) and Virgo.  I've never heard of them getting along with Picses before!

Interesting...

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Astrology
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »
Hi was at the hypnotherapist last week and he told me he is an astrologer. I asked him if he still did it and he said no. I asked why and this is what he said. He claimed that astrology is how things would be if people didn't thin and then act to change things. So he claims it is only true in a sterile word where people have no free will and therefore do not act on their own.
What do you think? Fair observation?
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:26:57 PM »
Christine thats the problem I have with tarot and other means of divining the future!  I used to dabble with tarot reading, but I have never been sure if we don't subconciously alter what we do in order to fullfill the prediction.  i am uncomfortable with the thought that I may somehow meddle with another souls chosen path!

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 10:00:04 AM »
I think a lot of the pediction equation comes back to social and individual intelligence.

Although I'm sure it will come across that way, I honestly don't mean it to sound cruel but the human species often still tends towards things like "mob rules".  Which is to say that sometimes they are still very easily led, as evidenced by the number of cults that are still in existence today.  Depending on the circumstances many people just aren't all that smart.  One example woud be when Melbourne had the "Gas Crisis" a few years ago where a gas pipe blew up and most of Melbourne was left without gas.

The Sun Herald printed answers to peoples questions at the time for how they could take care of things they would usually use gas for - such as their hot water supplies - and one woman wanted to know if she could heat her bath water with her electric heater!! :shock:

Yet on the other hand they had to have authorities running around checking that people weren't illegally using up what little gas was available and fining anyone who was caught using it.

Most people coped okay in that situation but there were enough people out there to add to the problems because they either didn't care, didn't believe that they'd get caught or they just didn't know better!

I think that prophecy is the same as this situation - you get those who don't care what the prophecy tells them and just get on with their lives but then you get those who just don't know any better and rely on it so heavily that they're disappointed when it doesn't turn out exactly as they believe it will.

I'm feeling kind of philosophical this morning but then I also have some other things on my mind, so I hope that this makes sense.  If it doesn't well...shoot me now Tex.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
reading
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 10:01:01 PM »
Hi,
when I read for someone I usually tell them this is a snapshot of how things could be if they continue on the same path. I never tell them what they should do in any way, that way I am not changing their souls course. I also don't read for someone more than once in 6-12 months. Some people get addicted and can't make a move without a consultation. You only have to look at some celebrities to see how they can come to rely on psychics etc.
Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 01:15:55 AM »
Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I recently acquired a book entitled "auz astrology, the australian animal zodiac".  I haven't had too serious a look yet but it seems reasonable thus far.

Aries = Kangaroo
Taurus = Wombat
Gemini = Sugar Glider
Cancer = Koala
Leo = Lizard
Virgo = Echidna
Libra = (you radiate sunshine and light)atoo
Scorpio = Redback Spider
Sagittarius = Kookaburra
Capricorn = Goanna
Aquarius = Emu
Pisces = Platypus

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46:04 PM »
So I am a redback spider!!Hahaha. I was bitten by one once.
Actually you know what? If you know a little bit about the animals then they do kind of match up to the star signs.
Good find FB.

Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 12:53:30 PM »
LOL....yes, I'm sturdy, determined, stubborn and a good cook.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline monsoon

• Inductee
The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
:D Aries....YEP-that's me alright!(well at least an 'aspect' of me)

I agree with you Christine on your point of a reading being a snapshot into what the outcome for that person will be if they continue along that current path......I follow that exact principal when giving a reading.
I really don't like to make predictions for the simple fact that when someone goes for a reading & aren't really spiritually aware, they tend to grab onto anything you say (either positive or negative...if it sounds dramatic enough or if it's what they want to hear). They usually  forget any significant spiritual insights surronding a prediction, such as why they need to go through a particular situation, and in which way this will create growth. They sometimes only see things from a very superficial point-of-view.
(hope that made just a little sense..LOL!)
n the search for the truth, be true to yourself.....

Offline ~suzi~

• Centurion
Re: The Signs of the Zodiac
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »
Quote from: "High Priestess"

Scorpio Oct 24- November 22
Ruler: Mars and Pluto
Good traits: passionate, purposeful, subtle
Bad traits: jealous, secretive
Ideal partner: Capricorn and Taurus
High Priestess

I am a Scorpio,and i seriously have always read that Pisces are a great match for us...I dont know where i read this but i have come across a lot of them in my time,and have always gotten on with them fantastically!
Im not so sure about the subtle bit for me,i tend to speak my mind,but i do agree with the bad traits as much as i would like to deny them  :lol:
I have also been told that Scorpio is one of the more psychic signs of the Zodiac,does anyone know if this is true?
Suzi xox

Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield..

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those you want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal