Author Topic: Ghost at Isla Gorge truck stop  (Read 9415 times)

canonball1971

Ghost at Isla Gorge truck stop
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to this site so forgive me if i don't know what i am doing.
I have been searching the net to find information about a supposed ghost or two that are known to appear at the truck stop at the Isla gorge turn off on the Liechhardt highway beteen Theadore and Taroom.
My brother is a truck driver and he told me that he stopped at this truck stop one night to check his tyres. Whilst walking around the truck he noticed up ahead ahead two people crossing the road. one was carring a bag. he yelled out to them" are you guys ok" thinking they may have broken down or something as there are no houses nearby. but they did not reply. he went about checking the rest of his rig. whilst hitting the tyers on the prime mover he saw an old man with grey hair standing on the other side of the truck. He yelled at him say what are you doing mate. My brother said he then ran around the other side of the truck but the man was gone. this got him a bit spooked so he quickly got in his truck and drove of. after a minute or two of driveing he notices in the mirror another person hanging out the side of the rig between the sleeper cab and the trailer.Person was had a bag in his hand. A yellow gladstone bag.
  My brother said he !@#$ himself. After stopping again at the next town he was talking to another truckie who just so happened to know.
He told the other truckie what happened and that he saw a man. before he could finish the story, the other truckie said "What sort of bag was he carrying?
Rumor has it that the two men where killed there when they tried to do an insurance claim on a truck they had. the truck was loaded with fertilizer so the added deisel to it and set it alight but when the truck exploded it killed them before they could get clear.
       after my brother told me this i did some research on the net and it apears that the story was true. Problem is that i cant remember where on the net i saw it
i was looking on the nest today and someone else had said that this spot was a place that no trucks stop for the night and that there was a man. Perhaps that is the reason why.
Has anyone heard of this story before?

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Ghost at Isla Gorge truck stop
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
Sounds like an interesting story cannonball. I can't help with info about it but someone else on her may be able to.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I could understand why truckies might choose somewhere else to pull over. 

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »
Hi, I have a brother who is a truckie too,LOL.  Sorry, I don't know anything about what you have described.

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »
Heh heh, no *snap* on that one CE - I dont have a brother. 

Cannonball, there's a few stories from truckies about various roads and places in Australia.  They're all quite interesting, and it strikes me that there's substance to them, because truckies typically aren't the type of people who would talk about creepy things unless they were sure, I'd say.   

Offline skye131924

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
Ill have a quick look for you

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
I haven't heard of it. Lotsakids might be able to find it for you if sky can't.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »
It's mentioned a number of times on various websites.

Offline phil52

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
interesting story thanks for sharing
Why do psychics have doorbells ?

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 04:38:12 PM »
I do not know if this alleged haunting of Isla George is related? In 1972 A truck carrying 12 tons of ammonium nitrate experienced an electrical fault and caught fire north of Taroom. After the driver stopped and parked the burning truck, two brothers from a nearby cattle property who saw the fire rode up on motorbikes to assist.

The three men were killed when the truck exploded at around 18:15. The explosion burnt out more than 800 hectares (2,000 acres) of surrounding bushland, and left a deep crater where the truck had been parked. A memorial to the three men was unveiled at the accident site in 2013.

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal