Author Topic: The Rocking Horse Ghost: Kiama NSW  (Read 8919 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Re: The Rocking Horse Ghost: Kiama NSW
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
Hello All

I know of Bishops cave. It is a very dangerous cave to enter. You need scuba gear to enter it. And entry is depending of tide wave and wind and weather conditions. The the problem I see the cave is not as big as people imagine. ( from memory I think the entrance is north of the little blow hole.)

Maybe the cave is partially blocked but connected in part of a network of Lava tunnels when the rocks around Kiama was created by a now extinct volcano in Jamberoo.

In theory these tunnels connected to the sea rising and failing in pressure could create vibration like very hardly detectable earth tremors enough to make a rocking horse rock. A ball fall off the table and roll across the room, a door suddenly open? Possible? But to make chairs move from one side of room to another without people feeling the vibrations?

The old hospital was built over an old farm house the may of had a well that may dug in part to these lava tunnels. With air pressure building up ie rising and failing in the tunnel. Air pressure could be escaping dissipating from the old well through the foundation and floors of the old hospital built over the old farm well.

This escaping air through the floor boards may of caused things that can move easily to move?

Hence settling off a chain of perceived unexplained events...

A theory of course but by no means conclusive.....

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 11:27:01 AM »
Hi KANACKI, I think your last Post is certainly a logical answer to all of the highlighted movements.

You and Bronwyn certainly know a lot about the area both above and below, in respect to the geological aspects, which is quite amazing; well done.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
Hello Simon

I know Kiama really well and surrounding areas. I was not born there but arrived there as a child. 50 + years ago. I remember the days you was allowed to camp just below the light house facing the Harbour. Back then they still had and aquarium and cafe on hill near the lighthouse near the blowhole. The quarry workers cottage was actually still peoples homes before they was turned into tourist trinket shops. I even remember the princess Hwy went through town before the bypass.

I imagine Bronwyn would even know much more...

Kiama has one of the oldest ghost stories in early colonial Australian history dating back to the 1830's

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »
KANACKI, given the age of the ghost stories, Kiama is certainly worth physical observation, in relation to the age of the Ghost Stories dating back to the 1830's and still being supported today.

So, this makes a visit to Kiama even more important.

Another wonderfully unbiased and researched Post KANACKI; well done and great input Bronwyn; thank you both for making the Ghost Stories in and around Kiama most compelling.

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »
Hello Simon

Just a little more info.

The geology of the kiama Jamberoo is highly unusual as the hill over looking kiama called Saddleback mountain is an actual extinct volcanic plug. However in its earlier existence as a volcano it had several eruptions and lava flows. Gerringong. kiama, bombo and minimurra and Robertson. The volcano had welled up through the basalt layers the coal measures and later sandstone layers of the great dividing range. Predominant of the area was rich red soils. Jamberoo valley floor has the deepest soil cover in Australia. 18 metre before hitting bedrock. Most of all the area has many geological dikes interrupting the strata caused most likely from  past volcanic upheavals.

The Bombo Headland, is of scientific importance as it is the site of the discovery of the longest known geomagnetic polarity interval called the Kiaman Reverse Superchron. The Kiaman Reverse Superchron lasted from approximately the late Carboniferous to the late Permian, or for more than 50 million years, from around 312 to 262 million years ago. The magnetic field had reversed polarity. The name "Kiaman" derives from the Australian village of Kiama, where some of the first geological evidence of the superchron was found in 1925.

There is nowhere on the entire south coast that has this type of geology.

There is the belief that ley lines and the flow of the earth natural energy are disrupted because of these volcanic dikes.

It is along these fault line dike intrusions some sea caves formed by erosion. Bishops cave, little blowhole and the kiama blow hole are all examples of that. Vibrations can be detected from ocean forces smashing into the underwater caverns sending those tiny almost undetectable tremors a fair distance from the coast.

That given the right circumstance may be a solution to things that may appear to move or rock. Especially a toy design to rock by balance.

Of course to the everyday person unable to detect vibrations would sure be freaked out seeing a rocking horse rock by itself. That is one possibility. Or the effects of The magnetic field had reversed polarity has some effect creating an area with a long settlement history 1810  prone to hauntings if you include the Bloody mile which is nearby within the area of volcanics.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »
Wow KANACKI, as per a previous Post, I am right in relation to your ability to drill down, too almost a "micro-level", in your research.

The detail you have given in your last Post would certainly be something to consider as a possible cause of the, "Rocking Horse Ghost".

Great work KANACKI.

(Confucius)

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 07:23:10 PM »
Yes wow Kanacki.the geological information you gave of Kiama is extremely interesting.
Sorry i have not got back earlier.I have not spoken to my friend as yet.
I know or have heard that Bishops/Friars Cave is dangerous & small too.I do remember urban legend has it told that 1 or 2 men tried to traverse this cave & died.
The reverse polarity is something i am going to look into myself for myself given the fact i was born there.I grew up in Albion Park then moved to Kiama when 9.I cant live in Kiama due to it always playing with my head but i love the area.

You definitely need to visit Kiama Simon it is a beautiful area visually to the eye.The vibration side i am still sorting out in my own head.
Saddleback Mountain & Kiama Hospital ,the bloody mile, minnamurra river,mystics,the blowhole & my own one that i think is not very well known Kendalls Cemetery ..blue lights twice there as a teenager...scared me but not enough to not go back..i found it peacefull .Not so peacefull dodging the cows when they had calves lol.

The geology of an area with the different formations & rock underneath will definitely create an energy that could produce paranormal activity but i also think from my own experience that sometimes with some people if they dont get a handle/understanding  on what they are experiencing it could drive you nuts...& the reactions could be devastating. Well my opinion anyway.

This post has excited me lol.
Everyone to their own..Namaste.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
Hello Bronwyn

I need to thank you as I had forgotten about the vibrations, but you also mentioned in the " Murder mile thread" that twigged my memory.

Kanacki

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 06:55:34 AM »
Yes the vibration & frequency of an area does seem to have profound affects on people in my mind.Good or bad depending on the person

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
Bronwyn and KANACKI, what you have written, is similar to when the two energy flows "Cross", they cause different Paranormal effects.

The reason as to why they are different, is very much to do with the geological formations at each intersecting point and other factors.

Whilst I am not saying that the strange activity around Kiama is a result of the intersection of these two energy flows, the possibility is there.

The way to prove or disprove my theory is to see if the energy flows, in fact, intersect!!

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
Hello Simon

Thank you for an earlier posts of references about Telluric Current. I had not heard of it before until you told me a few months ago. The reference below is from  Encyclopedia Britannica. I did not realize the geophysical aspects of such a current.

Telluric current, also called Earth Current, natural electric current flowing on and beneath the surface of the Earth and generally following a direction parallel to the Earth’s surface. Telluric currents arise from charges moving to attain equilibrium between regions of differing electric potentials; these differences in potential are set up by several conditions, including very low-frequency electromagnetic waves from space, particularly from the magnetosphere incident upon the Earth’s surface, and moving charged masses in the ionosphere and the atmosphere. Telluric currents are often used by geophysicists to map subsurface structures, such as sedimentary basins, layered rocks, and faults. An anomalous current density or gradient may be indicative of a subsurface structural feature.

Perhaps in answer to your theory about Telluric currents? Perhaps they do not cross if they are influenced by magnetic properties? Like trying to put two magnets together they repel each other if they are facing reverse polarity in each other. Perhaps for a better word they do not cross but repel from each other?

The Supercron is in the Crystals of  basalt structure the lava flow. One Crystals in the stone in magnetized in one direction and opposite in the lava flow. Thus showing a superchron with the estimated time frame of the volcanic period showing reversible polarities frozen in stone.

With Telluric current and these geological geological polar reversals must ultimately become one of many influences of changing directions of Telluric currents. Of course other factors such as modern human activity and can influence of such forces etc to a varying degree.

For example copper pipe in ground can generate energy through the process of natural reaction from metrolysis from apposing iron traces in the soil of damp ground.  In short any metal in  the process of decay ie rust or corrosion can release tiny bit of energy enough at east to affect the course of Telluric currents.

Everything on the surface is bombarded by solar radiation particles with natural weathering condition and other factors breaking down the strongest of structures in effect releasing energy. Humans ourselves although biological and generate energy and was we know conduct it.

The conundrum is I guess seeing how it relates to the physical barrier between life and death we look into the structure of Telluric current must be layered in intensity?

Perhaps that's the answer for a soul or Neutral conscious spirit trapped in effect between positive and negative forces?  Perhaps in lessor degree other types of haunting are only partially trapped in Telluric current either in mere residue form  of images or sound but not in the most conscious form which has already passed over?

Perhaps that is the reason why some residual ghost dissipate over time as neutrality become charged with negative or positive forces?

The nature of such a barrier between life and death of release of ones life force which in effect on the point of death at the very least is the release from the physical form energy?

Another aspect to consider does these Telluric currents change energy flow in thought patterns of the Brain? What is the effects on our own sensory perception of these forces?

Can one communicate with souls on the other side of barrier or do they need to be partially charged or inside the Telluric current?

Alas many questions......

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »
KANACKI, my previous life as a Cathar and Finally a Cathar Perfect (One who both can via the Cave, in which one part of the ceremony to signify that you are now a Cathar Perfect, is feeling Telluric Current via the persons hands on the Ceremonial Cave.

Then via learning how to understand the knowledge that the Telluric Current brings with it and also, being able to draw the energy of the Telluric Current from beneath the Earth, which is how I draw on the knowledge that the energy that the Telluric Current brings with itself.

I am unable to tell people the many facets that I can draw on, but can tell you that my spirit is able to "ride" the energy to various parts of the earth.

In relation to more input to this topic I think both yourself and Bronwyn have done an excellent final study on the subject and I am unable to add anymore.

Congratulations KANACKI, as usual, you have chosen an excellent topic and over the number of additional aspects you and also Bronwyn have, I believe, produced wonderful final Posts, which have "drilled down" (LOL) to provide closure (unless you both believe that, apart from a physical visit, more information is required) to a wonderful and for me, a very exciting detail, for this subject of "The Rocking Horse Ghost: Kiama NSW".

(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2018, 11:21:18 PM »
Hello Simon

This  Telluric Current is very interesting. Does it travel in waves or particles? I think for my old science class sound travels in waves light can travel in particles and waves?  But I could be wrong?

Some where my old science teacher is cringing no doubt ;-)

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
Unfortunately, I and Science did not get on well (LOL) so just have to give you how "I" (my spirit) tends to "ride the flow" of the Telluric Current.

One of the things I thought of, after re-reading your 27 February 2018 Post, was that in using the Telluric Current I have not taken into account, the impacts that the changes, caused by the growth in the population along with the negative impacts caused by these changes.

Something for me to "Muse On" in my quieter moments. LOL

(Confucius)

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »
I really cant take credit for Kanackis detailed posts of this area.Its wonderful to read about the geological side of things with Kiama though..So much going on there underneath it all.
I have a odd relationship with Kiama & the land surrounding it.
Did you know Kanacki there was also UFO sightings there to ?Not sure if it ever got documented though.But i saw 2 of them one in broad daylight & the other early sunset.That was about 1991 for the first & 1993 for the 2nd...i saw them of the big blowhole headland as did others with me.The first was discounted as navy helicopters doing war games but i have watched them do that before & this was different to the way helicopters interact. I digress though.
I feel with your data Kanacki that the energy  i have felt at different times at Kiama has been enhanced by what is below the soil then influenced with residue events & actual violent deaths accidental or not gives the area in pockets of intense at times paranormal activity that is hard to discern & breakdown if someone is "not a believer"..they just see what their physical eyes see & unable to register what they are "feeling ".
Not sure if that last paragraph made sense lol but i sure enjoyed this post along with others of the area.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal