Author Topic: Ouija again  (Read 4026 times)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
Ouija again
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/dozens-of-children-from-elsa-perea-flores-school-in-peru-in-outbreak-of-contagious-demonic-possession/news-story/2d5172b98a69028bd61f8c8b2bfd8209

Dozens of children from Elsa Perea Flores School in Peru in outbreak of ‘contagious demonic possession’IT STARTED about three weeks ago, when about 20 children from the Elsa Perea Flores School in Peru became violently ill.They displayed the same terrifying symptoms; muscular convulsions — some developing into full blown seizures — fainting, vomiting, delirium and frothing at the mouth.
The children, all aged between 11 and 14, shared another unsettling trait — a shared hallucination involving being chased by a “tall man in black with a beard” who was trying to kill them.
Since then, between 80 and 100 children from the school have been affected by what education officials are calling a mass case of “contagious demonic possession or interference”.
Video footage recorded at the school shows screaming children being taken by trucks to nearby hospitals. Other children are seen lying on school desks surrounded by classmates and teachers who switch between comforting and restraining them as they wait for medical help to arrive.
Initial reports suggested the children had been playing with a ouija board in an effort to call up spirits said to haunt the school, which is rumoured to have been built on land once used as a mass grave by the Mafia.
School authorities have called in a string of doctors, holy men and even exorcists since the outbreak began. Several masses have been carried out by Catholic priests at the school at the request of parents but so far nothing seems to have worked.
“We don’t understand how this has kept on going on”, Dr Antony Choy told national network Panamericana TV. “We know it started on April 29 and now it is still happening. Now there are more than 80 pupils (still affected).”

(click the link above and read all about it...)

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline bronwyn

• Junior Contributor
  • I am me I am free
Re: Ouija again
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
That article &  video was quite disturbing.Very odd & so many affected.More girls than boys going of the video.My first thoughts were some sort of poisoning.i will assume that they are testing for that though.All been chased by a man in black with a beard.Also in Malaysia  weeks before too.Very odd,hopefully the children are all good shortly.
Everyone to their own..Namaste.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:14:44 PM »
Hello Gary interesting post. perhaps mass hysteria or perhaps exposure to ergot poisoning? Interesting there has been several outbreaks around the world.

Or perhaps some think darker?

kanacki

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 01:26:38 AM »
Mass hysteria is a real possibility.  Given the location, belief is high.  Which doesn't preclude paranormal activity of course.  Could be electromagnetic too (a form of poisoning imho).  They've had a few in to clear it with clearly little success.  They need one of us...   depending on the actual cause, exorcisms may have zero effect.  Interesting though, hooded man in black with beard sounds just like what you would expect in terms of a child-like fear.   

Hopefully things will settle down...

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
It reminds me of a strange case in Sydney in 1935.

MASS HYSTERIA. Extraordinary Outbreak. SYDNEY. November 23.

An extraordinary outbreak of mass hysteria occurred In a city factory on Friday morning, when 80 girls became panic stricken, probably due to the heat of the day. The girls were working quietly when one began to scream.

Within a minute most of the other girls were fainting:, Screaming crying, wringing their hands, or running about in terror. One girl was admitted to hospital and about 20 others received treatment from Ambulance officers. Work was stopped at the factory tor three hours, but even at the end of that time some of the girls wen unable to continue.

The psychological effect of the treatment on the patients who were worst affected was remarkable. When
told there was nothing the matter, they appeared to recover. When other girls expressed sympathy with them they collapsed again. When questioned afterwards the girls said they did not know what had happened, but they agreed generally that there had been a man in a mask.

It appears a rat had evidently died In a confined space above the ceiling. 'The caretaker of the building came to remove It and He tied a piece of material around his face. As far as can be ascertained none of the girls even saw the rat, but when there was a scream and the bewildered caretaker looked down
and the girls, looking up, saw his masked face, even senior operatives succumbed to the wave of hysteria.

Looking at old newspapers there seem to be many reported mass hysteria events from all around the word. What triggers it is a mystery.

But perhaps one psychologist has the answer mass hysteria is primeval emotion that all animal have such as deer, bird, pigeons and even schooling fish. In a group when one feels threatened and feels threatened and becomes excited or alarmed the others follow suit without thinking because it is an instant survival instinct. In the human species it is virtually redundant instinct but in some situations this primitive ancient instinct can be triggered in the right conditions.

Clearly the girls in the hot sweatshop factory with little ventilation the girls was giving negative emotion to one another without even realizing it. It took one girl to over react and it set off the hysterical reaction.

Indeed even with the case in Peru the young girls indoctrinated with the catholic faith of God and the Devil and the alleged use of a Ouja board over stimulated a young impressionable girl who reacted and the others followed suit.

Kanacki

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »
When I saw the first Star Wars all those years ago in a theatre, it had a lot of kids there too.  The atmosphere, the mood - it was far more electric than was due to the movie alone.  You get caught up in others feelings (empathy) and this can work wonders.  In some cases, such as the above, it is not such a good thing.  Mass hysteria comes down to this and, yes, I think from an evolutionary perspective, it probably is related to the herd flight mentality.  To some degree it may be purely physical - but there could be 'paranormal' aspects to it too.  A form of telepathy...

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:01 PM »
We studied ergot poisoning at uni.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 10:49:17 PM »
Tell us more Christine.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
We learned about ergot poisoning in Salem. I don't think it was though although that is a theory.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:35:47 AM »
I'm back just in time. LOL

Mass hysteria has a long list of causes from medical (includes poisoning from above or below); they did say the school was built on an assumed mafia grave site, which would, if true, probably have bodies buried in shallow graves and over-time the poisions may leach through the soil and perhaps whatever was used as a floor for the school; worth a look.

I am not sure how sophisticated the medical science is locally?

Religious beliefs may have trigerred an extreme sense of guilt in the girls caused by knowing that, from what they may  have been told in Church, the Ouija Board was the tool of the devil and anyone playing with one would become possessed. The girls are at an inpressional age.

Surely I am not the only one who remembers the number of "so called" possessions (by older teenagers) that occurred after seeing the "Exorcist".
The newspapers were full of dredd about the movie raising evil spirits and demons who then possessed these people; and what was the scientific results, the cause was "mass histeria".

What were the methods of air conditioning used, materials used (were they consistent throughout the school or varied as this was a poor area).

Guilt, or the perception of guilt can cause both mental and physical reactions as well.

But none-the-less more investigation is required.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 12:08:08 AM »
My whole point about luigi boards (LOL) is that there are two clear dangers. 

Firstly, multiple channels can be opened up without even any conscious awareness which creates amazing dangers.  A medium and a seance is a single channel but with Ouija, that can be two or three or four - and no-one knows.

Secondly, from a purely psychological point of view, it can allow subconscious and suppressed thought to manifest (or as I prefer to call it, mani-fester!) and can introduce any number of dangerous behaviours and thoughts.  Group hysteria being only one...

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »
Totally agree with your last Post Gary; what more can I say.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal