Author Topic: Haunted house in Cabramatta?  (Read 9083 times)

Offline Scott

• Newcomer
Haunted house in Cabramatta?
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
Hello.

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong forum as this is more of a question as opposed to any definite proof/evidence. I don't have much information either, so apologies for that again. I'm just basing this off of what people have told me.

I heard recently that a house in Cabramatta is haunted. I don't know the exact address but from what I was told it is somewhere near the local community centre and PCYC, perhaps adjacent to either of those buildings.

The information I have, and this is where I begin to be unsure, is that a family who were traveling overseas perished after their plane had crashed (or was lost) and the spirits of the family returned to haunt the house that they had lived in since then. Is that something that would be likely to happen, given that they did not pass away in or at least near the house?

Again, apologies that I cannot offer more information. When I was told about it, it was not in a situation where I could ask for anything further. I thought I'd post it here in case someone has heard a little more about it or researched it. I just found it quite curious.

Regards.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Re: Haunted house in Cabramatta?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »
Hello Scott

First of all welcome to Paranormal.com.au. Your thoughts and question are intriguing. I cannot say I have heard the story you have mentioned. I know of two other stories relating to Cabramatta. One dating back to 1904 and another from 1990's

Kanacki

Offline Scott

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »
Hi Kanacki.

Thank you for the welcome. I wish I could have provided more details but that's all I was told. I will try to find out more when I can, but it may just be an urban legend. Though it seems a lot of people in the area had heard about the house being haunted.

I'm not directly from the area so that might be why I've only recently heard of it.

I might have heard a little about the story from the 1990s. I have a feeling that this happened at a similar time, or perhaps sometimes in the 2000s.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »
Hello Scott its my pleasure. I would be interested if you find out more?

I know another local story of house in Lansvale. The house in question is always up for rent or sale. The story turns out a Vietnamese husband and wife that was one of the boat people in 1975 that came to Australia for a new and better  life. And they had two sons one was studying to become a doctor in Uni and was very bright. Unfortunately the other son got involved with the gangs in Cabramatta during the 1990's , gang war for the heroin trade in Sydney.

That son eventually became an addict and dragged his other family members into his murky world of drug trafficking. He was murdered by infighting in the gang and the other son ended up being caught smuggling drugs in Vietnam where he was executed. The mother and father was so devastated by the shame and deaths of their son they gassed themselves in the family car in the garage.

The house remained empty for a long time as the property had to go through probate for the public trustee had to decide the fate of the property. Eventually it was sold off. And stories grew from the fact that the house has changed hands several times.

It appears it has never been a happy house. The house itself is a 1970's style two story dark mission brown brick and tile construction with low set arched with double garage and metal railing with a low set brick wall on the corner block of two busy streets.

Ironic as perhaps thousands pass it every day oblivious of its tragic history.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
Hello Scott

you might like to know about the headless ghost apparition of Cabramatta from around 1904. I have even my have found the catalyst from that story from an event from around 1897.

Kanacki

Offline Scott

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
Hi Kanacki,

Belated thanks for the information. I would be interested to hear more about the apparition.

I have also yet to find out more about the house I'd heard of. However, Google Earth revealed that there used to be a house directly next to the PCYC, on the corner of McBurney road. The area where the house stood is now an enclosed car park. I have no details on when the house was demolished but it must have been between 2010 and 2012.

I am wondering if this house is the house people were referring to. I'm still trying to find out more about the story.

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »
Hello Scott

Most likely you have found the answer in regards to the house?

The Following newspaper article dated  Friday 13th of August 1880  tells of a mysterious skeleton found in the scrub near Cabramatta Railway station. He was found with a 6 shot revolver pistol with 5 live bullets and one discharged round. Was it murder of Suicide?

24 years later The Evening news reported a headless specter along the railway line as reported on the 24th of August 1904. He was later also sighted again on Saturday 17th of September 1904 as reported in Cumberland Argus and fruit growers advocate.

Those newspaper excerpts can be seen below.

Is there a connection?

Perhaps 2 separate haunting's from two entirely different events? Could be interesting as this alleged ghost could be an anniversary ghost?

Kanacki

Offline Scott

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 12:25:14 AM »
Hi Kanacki, and my apologies for the very belated reply (and for dragging this thread back up). I never did find the answer as regards to the supposed ghost family. Maybe they did pass away overseas, and an urban legend started in the manner that they often do.

The idea of an anniversary ghost is an intriguing one. If they're related, how would the ghost have come to have lost his head?

Now that I've wandered my way back onto the forum, I may try and find information again, but I feel like I'd just be running through the same channels again. The intriguing thing about the ghost family is that I've been unable to find articles in relation to any such tragic events. Unless (depending on the ancestry of the theoretical deceased), it wasn't made known in English language sources.  But, again, I lean towards it being an urban legend, as I was never even given any sort of date range.

Thanks again for the information. Revisiting the forum has reminded me of how much enjoyment I get from reading your posts.

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »
Hi Scott, welcome to the Forum.

I perhaps can give you a final answer on whether or not, those killed due to a plane crash, and for one reason or another, do not passover, will stay in the area that the accident occurred.

It is highly unlikely/possible that they returned to their house.

As in the physical world there are many "rules", which cannot be altered and the above is one of those.

In relation to the "headless" spirit along the railway track, may in fact, be another spirit who had the misfortune to fall onto the track in such a manner as to get his head severed; or it is an urban legend.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the above.

KANACKI, is our expert, "in residence" (LOL), on all things regarding the subject of Spirits in residences in Australia.

Indeed KANACKI, goes into quite a lot of time investigating each Post he writes in the Forum.

If true, then perhaps the spirit is trying to find its head, where he thinks it was lost and perhaps it is this that has resulted in his spirit not passing over.

These spirits, if they are seen, can be very scary, but they probably mean no harm and just need help in passing over.

In relation to trying to "trap" the spirit via the use of a ring of salt would be harsh and very cruel on this or any other spirit.

within both our physical and other spirit worlds and realms, there are "consequences", which would require a very lengthy response.

In short it is about the balance between positive and negative energy.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 01:06:45 PM »
Hello All.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I have been very ill as of late.

No apologies needed Scott as you posts was enjoyable Also. Let us not forget that the hauntings I found in old newspapers may not even be connected to house in Scotts story. Intriguing mystery as it is we have no proof the two haunted sites are connected or even in the same generation. I do not doubt there are many houses in Sydney that due to various reasons are conduit to paranormal activity. Sadly time and progress erases all.

Kanacki

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Hi KANACKI, very sorry to hear you are not well, hopefully by the time you get my response, you are "on the mend".

You are quite correct regarding the change over-time, which as we know is dependent on the occupants over time.

The basis is what energy each subsequent occupant brings to the home and the strength this has to change the energy from negative to positive or vice versa.

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal