Author Topic: What is standing behind this child  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Consider all possibilities
What is standing behind this child
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3048325/Are-boots-dead-SAMURAI-Ghostly-image-pair-feet-little-girl-standing-Japanese-shore-near-warrior-tombs-sparks-internet-frenzy.html

Are these the ghostly disembodied boots of a samurai soldier?
    Chatter online after mysterious image emerges of a little girl
    The photograph was taken in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan, last year
    A black pair of boots appear behind the small child
    However, there is no evidence of anyone else in other photos
    'I know there are several very old samurai tombs' nearby
    The photographer purportedly insists it has not been photoshopped

Could these be the boots of a disembodied samurai soldier, lingering mysteriously behind this little girl?

A spooky dark visage that appears behind the child in this photograph has sparked online rumours of a ghost. This photograph was captured in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan - 'nearby some samurai tombs', apparently - late last year.

The Reddit user who posted it online - a friend of the photographer - insisted it was 'not photoshopped' and that paranormal forces could be at work. 'I'm not saying it's anything - just that it looks an awful lot like disembodied boots and legs...' 'Obiaruf ' told users.

This photograph was captured in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan - 'nearby some samurai tombs', apparently - late last year. Another conspirator suggested they could be combat boots from the World War II era. 

'My grandfather was in the pacific theater (Okinawa Japan) in WWII and I recognize what the man in the background is wearing. Its a US Navy Uniform from WWII.'

But not everyone was so convinced by the tricky picture.

Some users suggested it was likely an optical illusion - a trick of the light - or the presence of a real-life human being. Or both.  'Looks like a living person in boots and dark pants and a light blue, possibly denim colored shirt,' said Jack_Shid.

Because of the perspective, the rest of the person is hidden behind the girl

Last month, a chilling image emerged on the 'Toowoomba Ghost Chasers' Facebook past, with its owner claiming it showed the ghost on a young drowning victim. The photograph, which was taken in 2014, was posted on Facebook by Australian Kim Davison, from Queensland. The image appeared to show two women and four children swimming at Murphy's Hole in the Lockyer River, south-east Queensland.

But Ms Davison and Jessie Lu, the other adult in the photo, were adamant they were only accompanied by three children. It provoked fierce discussion online after it was revealed a little girl had died in the watering hole a century prior.

A Brisbane Courier newspaper clipping from November 22 1913 included a death notice for a little girl who died in that watering hole. 'Doreen O Sullivan, aged 13 years, eldest daughter of Mr. James O'Sullivan was accidentally drowned whilst bathing in the Lockyer Creek on Friday afternoon,' the notice read.

'Nearly an hour elapsed, before the body was recovered. The spot, which has always been considered dangerous, is known as Murphy's Hole, and is over 20 foot deep. Ms Davison insisted: 'At the time of taking this photo there was nothing between us. 'I'm holding the little girl and that white head next to me with horns is not human, I can promise you that. 'Its fingers are on my shoulder and on my daughter's arm. They are long skeletal type fingers.'

Disturbingly, Ms Davison claims that there had been strange occurrences that day as they swam in the water, which only firms her belief that a spirit was present. 'On this day my daughter had her leg grabbed two times by something in the water.'

'When I went back in for one last dip to cool off I did feel something behind me as I was walking out of water but tried to ignore it. Ms Davison was convinced the shadowy visage in the photograph was Doreen O'Sullivan's photograph.

A sceptic responded to Ms Davison's claims, pointing out another possibility. 'The eye sees what it wants to see. In my opinion, it's nothing more than a splash of water,' wrote Max Meara. 'Notice the child facing away from the camera - their left arm has just surfaced, causing a splash.'

Brad Glynn had another explanation: 'I think it is another kid just the sun is over exposed more on the face as they are facing the sun.' The 'Toowoomba Ghost Chasers' Facebook page administrators were not convinced by either explanation.

'We used to swim there all the time growing up and all I can say is just to be safe I'm never swimming there again!' they wrote.

Light, Love and wisdom

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
Re: What is standing behind this child
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:05:34 PM »
hard to say without a decent sized image.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
If you look at the tread on the shoes, they appear to be the type with modern formed rubber.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »
Also in the pic where no-one is behind her, she throws her arms down in seeming exasperation. I think she is tied of standing there while whoever it is takes photos of this dude standing behind her which I think is orchestrated. She wants it over.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal