Author Topic: Chakras  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
Chakras
« on: July 20, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »
Hi all

I've been doing some reading on chakras and there seems to be 3 distinct schools of thought in regards to their movement.

1. Healthy chakras spin clockwise only. No exceptions to rule.

2. The spin of healthy chakras is influenced by gender (healthy spin direction being slightly different for men and women). This is also linked in with the idea (in some sources) that the chakras alternate so if the crown is moving clockwise the 3rd eye will move anti-clockwise and the throat clockwise etc...

3. Healthy chakras act like dynamic gears rather than a one way street (I need to read up more on this one)

Does anyone know where these 3 schools of thought originated from? Thanks  ;D

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Chakras
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:56:22 AM »
I am not sure as to origin. When I did my Diploma of Holistic Healing we were taught number 1 should be the aim. To have healthy chakras that spin clockwise.

I can see why they become unhealthy and why they spin the other direction. Speaking from experience having done very very many chakra balances for lots of people, I have always been able to balance them to go clockwise and when done like that they all glow healthily and have the correct size range.

If we consider wiccan thought and pagan traditions, we learn that clockwise is manifesting and anti clockwise is banishing. I understand this foundation is also found in nature although I haven't researched it so am not 100% certain aside from being told this by reputable sources. Anything moving against the sun, being considered unlucky. Heralding the destruction of crops and the natural order of things.
So it makes perfect sense to me that clockwise is desirable and anti clockwise undesirable as it would be a banishing movement.

Interestingly- a static magnetic field is an energy field by virtue of the movement of electrons. A negative magnetic field spins electrons to the left (anticlockwise) and the positive field moves electrons to the right (clockwise).

I am not sure I understand number 3.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:03:08 AM by Christine »
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:59:13 AM »
You might want to take a read of these:

http://www.paganspath.com/magik/widdershins.htm

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »
Oh that's makes a lot of sense not just in regards to the 1st school of thought but also the others. Thanks I've saved that page  ;D

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal