Author Topic: Tarot decks  (Read 9475 times)

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
  • Archangel Michael is my wingman...
Tarot decks
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been looking at my Tarot decks lately and currently I am using a Tarot dictionary to get a deeper understanding of soem of the symbols on my Rider Waite Deck The book I'm using is " "Pictures from the Heart  A Tarot Dictionary " by Sandra A Thomson.  I have been choosing one card per day and examining each card afresh.  I have been intersted in Tarot for more that thirty years. 

I have also just purchased Doreen Virtues latest Angel Tarot cards which are very beautiful.

What is your favourite Tarot Deck?
 Marian :)
esprit de I'escalier    [es-pree de less-ka/-iay}
A witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Tarot decks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
I love my Rider Waite Deck.  I keep coming back to it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:20:30 PM »
I'm not a fan of it. The colours don't resonate with me. I love the Guilded Tarot. Have you seen it?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
I have or had a few.....I'm thinking they may have burnt.  I keep looking for things and then realize they probably went with the house.  It sux!

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Yes, CE, it must be awful.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline maree.star

• Inductee
  • writer and researcher
    • beneath these stars
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your house CE and my best wishes to you xx. Lapismoon I love my Morgan Greer cards, as well as my Hanson-Roberts deck. But I also love my Mlle. Lenormand fortunetelling cards. I ordered my first deck in secret when I was 10 or 11 years old and they were my entry to reading cards. Does anyone else use these or gypsy cards?
“Something good will come of all things yet”
― Jack Kerouac

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
No I don't use them but I do have some in my collection.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
I like the Quest Tarot for imagery, IMO almost every card is a work of art, but am finding them difficult to become attuned to but still trying. I seem to get better results from the Rider Waite Deck.

hmmm I haven't bought a new tarot deck for awhile, I might have to do something about that
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
just bought the Shadowscapes deck. :)
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »
I have seen Gilded Tarot, I love the art work. :) I am a Tarot junkie ( and cosmetic and shoe junkie... ) and have many decks as I had a New Age shop I had lots of decks open for customers to see which I got to keep. My oldest deck is The Mythic Tarot which was my first deck. My next oldest deck are The Inner Child Tarot cards.

Recently I had a reading done in Daylesford in which the reader used Mlle. Lenormand fortunetelling cards and I am intrigued by them. The reader also did a palm reading which was interesting.  It was quite funny as he predicted the arrival of a cavalier in my life ( can be a new man! ) which turned out to be my new dog Spencer who is a ruby King Charles Cavalier....
A witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 11:35:51 PM »
was it with Tania Yorgey?
Douglas Adams

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
No it was with a young guy, I cannot recall his name :)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »
I never use them.  I was particularly fond of the iChing (which existed before Steve Jobs started his iObsession!) and always found it worked about 99.8% of the time for me...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline maree.star

• Inductee
  • writer and researcher
    • beneath these stars
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
LM was it Errol? Tania Yorgey told me about him when I told him about my interest in Mlle. Lenormand cards. I was also told at the shop that he combines it with palm reading. I'm interested in seeing him to see how he approaches using these cards. The only other person I know of who uses other cards is a good family friend in Perth. She's Yugoslavian and uses Gipsy Fortune Telling cards. I think these cards and the Mlle Lenormand may be more popular in continental Europe. lol about Spencer!
“Something good will come of all things yet”
― Jack Kerouac

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
Tanias great huh.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy